Garoppolo to Bears.....eventually

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Matt Ryan? He's terrible and has a top 2 WR in the league. He also had Roddy White in his prime and a HoF TE during his good years. Also, if we're being real here. Peyton Manning played with a pair of HoF WRs for most of his career and his defense carried him to both titles. And honestly, Cutler has played the best football of his career WITHOUT elite talent. He had this team as a Superbowl contender in consecutive seasons with Roy Williams, Devin Hester, and Johnny Knox as his #1 WRs. He also had his best games last year without Jeffery on the field.
Matt Ryan is terrible? What exactly is terrible about a 202 to 107 career TD to INT ratio? What exactly is terrible about a 74-52 career record? What's terrible about five straight winning seasons to start his career? Ryan had his worst season as a pro last year and by any measure it was still better than all but one of Cutler's seasons.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He's under contract till 2018, Brady is under contract till 2019.

If he bitches about not starting franchise tag, if he bitches the following year, franchise tag again. Brady gone after 2019, he still gets a massive deal on a slim body of work and the reigns to the Patriots franchise, everyone wins. I don't see why he would be in a rush to leave arguably the coziest QB situation in the league and a system that he's been baptized in for getting fucked up behind some garbage O-line like ours.

Regardless I see Tom riding out into the sunset and passing the torch on his own more likely than him playing until he's 42 years old.

The patriots won't even pay Brady $18 mil a season. You are saying they will pay Jimmy at least that to ride pin? And have $30+ mil tied into the qb position. Lol cool story bro.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just so we're clear, the people on here advocating that the Bears trade for Jimmy Garoppolo to be the future Super Bowl winning QB, are doing so based on this performance in the preseason against a team in the NFL that likely has the worst secondary depth in the league.

This is the standard that you're using to say this guy is going to go down as the best QB in the history of the franchise:

[video=youtube;aV5o7hUc8rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV5o7hUc8rw[/video]

Making dumb generalizations and looking like an idiot comes so natural for you. How do you concoct these moronic thoughts in that tiny brain of yours?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF JG goes out wins 3-4 games there will a line of teams wanting to trade for him. Even if he only wins 2 games there might be some interest. There are so few really good QBs out there that a guy doesn't have to be great to get interest and get paid. But JG has to go out and prove it during the regular season so trade talks are a little premature. The Bears need a freaking center or they're going to get Cutler killed and kill the running game, too.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
IF JG goes out wins 3-4 games there will a line of teams wanting to trade for him. Even if he only wins 2 games there might be some interest. There are so few really good QBs out there that a guy doesn't have to be great to get interest and get paid. But JG has to go out and prove it during the regular season so trade talks are a little premature. The Bears need a freaking center or they're going to get Cutler killed and kill the running game, too.

The Pats will be running so much in those 4 games it will be tough for Jimmy to put up great numbers.

If the pats go 2-2 and jimmy goes 50-90 600 yards 3 TD's 4 picks 68.7 PR, will teams really be lining up or meh? If he puts up Brady like numbers the Pats are keeping him.

Those are the two possibilities he's not great and available, or his is great and not available. All the former Pat QB's are average at best.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Matt Ryan is terrible? What exactly is terrible about a 202 to 107 career TD to INT ratio? What exactly is terrible about a 74-52 career record? What's terrible about five straight winning seasons to start his career? Ryan had his worst season as a pro last year and by any measure it was still better than all but one of Cutler's seasons.
I didn't say he wasn't better than Cutler. I said he was terrible. Sure, he was good a few years ago with a prime Roddy White and HoF TE. But the last 2-3 years he's been bad. Bad in the redzone, not scoring enough, turnovers, taking unnecessary sacks, re order low # of TDS for a 4000 yard passer. He's basically been Cutler the last 2 years with flashier passing yardage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You're acting like the Pats can't get rid of Brady and give JG the reigns. If the 49ers, Packers, & Colts can cut Montana, Favre, & Manning loose, the Pats can get rid of Brady. That is, if they actually feel Garopollo is the heir apparent.

They did dump Bledsoe for Brady.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ryan isn't terrible but his numbers have been empty for years now. Dude also hasn't gone a season without elite pieces of offense around him, Cutler didn't get his till 2012

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I didn't say he wasn't better than Cutler. I said he was terrible. Sure, he was good a few years ago with a prime Roddy White and HoF TE. But the last 2-3 years he's been bad. Bad in the redzone, not scoring enough, turnovers, taking unnecessary sacks, re order low # of TDS for a 4000 yard passer. He's basically been Cutler the last 2 years with flashier passing yardage.

If Matt Ryan has terrible, what you would rate Cutler's career as?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Matt Ryan has terrible, what you would rate Cutler's career as?
Why does that even remotely matter? This isn't a Ryan v Cutler debate until you made it one. Cutler's career is not as good as Ryan's. Ryan's career has been fine. He is currently a bad QB though.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
How many QBs have left Green Bay and New England and had long term success or even better success than Cutler has?

All this excitement about drafting and developing QBs and not one has had success outside of those teams.

Hell one of them is on our team right now and people are ready to be rid of him.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How many QBs have left Green Bay and New England and had long term success or even better success than Cutler has?

All this excitement about drafting and developing QBs and not one has had success outside of those teams.

Hell one of them is on our team right now and people are ready to be rid of him.

I agree if we are talking the Brett Hundleys of the world. But we are talking Jimmy Garopollo, future NFL star.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Those that are calling Matt Ryan elite haven't watched him play since 2012

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Those that are calling Matt Ryan elite haven't watched him play since 2012

It's been obvious that some posters stare at nothing but stats otherwise they would know Ryan hasn't been playing anywhere near an elite level

Liked Posts:
So on the one hand, trading for Garoppolo would land us a better prospect than one we could draft in the foreseeable future. Unless the pricetag is for multiple first rounders, he is likely to be worth it.

On the other hand, these kinds of "articles" are baseless speculation by "professionals" that are not, and usually never have been, a part of a professional organization. This is a professional journalist getting paid to do the same damn thing that countless fans do on message boards like this one. I'd rather read one of our wackos talk up how Jimmy G would take this team to the playoffs than give clicks to a journalist doing effectively the same thing.

I would love a trade for Jimmy but I would see how Kaaya & Rudolph fare this season. Both look like quality young QB prospects who have the skill to thrive in the pros. Do't be fooled at Rudolph playing in a spread offense that usually requires the QB to focus on short swing passes & screens, either. Believe it or not Rudolph is one of the more accurate & efficient QB prospects when it comes to completing pass attempts of 20 yards or more with plenty of arm strength also. I really like Kaaya & Rudolph as much or more than any other QB replacement options right now.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why does that even remotely matter? This isn't a Ryan v Cutler debate until you made it one. Cutler's career is not as good as Ryan's. Ryan's career has been fine. He is currently a bad QB though.

I didn't make this a Cutler Ryan debate you did. I rattled off QBs that have been better than Cutler over the last five years 15 of them who have all been better than Cutler since Cutler came to Chicago. You took exception and went with Matt Ryan as the exception.

The only person who took this down the path it's on is you.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I would love a trade for Jimmy but I would see how Kaaya & Rudolph fare this season. Both look like quality young QB prospects who have the skill to thrive in the pros. Do't be fooled at Rudolph playing in a spread offense that usually requires the QB to focus on short swing passes & screens, either. Believe it or not Rudolph is one of the more accurate & efficient QB prospects when it comes to completing pass attempts of 20 yards or more with plenty of arm strength also. I really like Kaaya & Rudolph as much or more than any other QB replacement options right now.

Both Hogan and your guy Cody Kessler are straight garbage so I now have serious doubts about Kaya and Rudolph.