GarPax, you failed in 2010 and now you failed in 2014 and it's time for you to go!

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
No one is denying 2010 was a sham. But that doesn't change the fact that they were given the opportunity.
Well, why did you criticize GarPax for 2010 in your thread title?

Not only that but GarPax gave Boozer that ridiculous albatross of a contract which jammed them up in 2014.
Basically, Boozer was the last superstar left. Either we were giving the money to him or David Lee.

It was less than max money and at the time seemed to be a fair deal. Before injuries (Noah, Boozer, Asik) derailed us in the playoffs, we were on our way to winning a title. The only things that I fault GarPax for in that first season are.........training staff & Bogans.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
What costed the Bulls was Taj's $8 million a year extension. People complaining about Boozer would have been crying for blood if BOOZER had turned the Bulls down.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Mentioned this in gasol thread..

Its more about not being in position to make significant moves for your team when the opportunity arises.

What have they done the last 4 years since 2010 ?

When rose got hurt the first time, that off season knowing he was most likely going to miss entire 12/13 season is when they shouldve amnestied boozer, traded deng, and started rebuilding around rose, noah, and gibson.

Their biggest move for this year so far is a drafted rookie in McDermott and maybe a European player.
Even if they get Gasol who 34 , he will be just a bit better replacement for Boozer. I hope its not a 4 yr deal for 12 or so mil per cause that would be worse then boozer deal at yr 3 and 4 when he 35/36 YO banged up and not producing anything.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
truthfully its just been tough luck for us

2006: they landed the top player...unfortunately the top player was Ben Wallace
2010: the top 3 players all conspired with each other to join up and play together
2014: Bulls couldn't match Knicks offer of 130m and the Phil Jackson hire gave Melo an out to take it and say "i believe in Phil"

dont get me wrong theres a bunch of stuff this FO can be criticized for....like their total disregard to get another player that can dribble a basketball....but i wont blame them for not getting a top guy

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No one is denying 2010 was a sham. But that doesn't change the fact that they were given the opportunity. Not only that but GarPax gave Boozer that ridiculous albatross of a contract which jammed them up in 2014.
not denying it was a shame but they were given the opportunity.... Huh?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
If you know Melo is not going to take less than the max and you are the only team that can offer the max that he wants to go to, why do a sign and trade? Bulls never had a chance.

The bottom line is Melo has to have some balls and force his move. Phil played his hand perfectly. Melo has to show that he's willing to go somewhere else, even if it were a 1 year deal. Melo didn't have the balls to make that kind of power play. Unfortunately for me, this cements Melo's legacy with more or less the same BS. Just gonna make the Knick games a little more special for me if he stays.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Taj 8m didn't cost us...thats a solid deal for Taj

it was the Derrick Rose Rule that bit us in the ass unfortunately

granted Rose played his ass off but if that rule was never implemented Rose would have got the reg max deal and we'd have enough money to add another max

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Could be worse. The Bulls could have signed Amare four years ago.

How's that workin for ya, Knickers, LOLOLOLOLOL.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The only problem with signiing for 1 year is the Bulls do not get Bird right. A player has to sign for 3 years. That loophole was closed quick. Otherwise everyone would be doing that.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
When rose got hurt the first time, that off season knowing he was most likely going to miss entire 12/13 season is when they shouldve amnestied boozer, traded deng, and started rebuilding around rose, noah, and gibson..
I don't agree with amnestying Boozer at that time, but they should have definitely traded Deng at that time.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Taj 8m didn't cost us...thats a solid deal for Taj

it was the Derrick Rose Rule that bit us in the ass unfortunately

granted Rose played his ass off but if that rule was never implemented Rose would have got the old max deal and we'd have enough money to add another max

People forget about that. That changed the Bulls financial plans. Houston also signing Asik to that "poison pill' contract as well. And then to lose Rose for 2.5 years, let's face it, that's what has really strapped the Bulls.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
This thread is nothing but an angry fan projecting misplaced blame onto the FO. The blame lies solely on Carmelo Anthony. HE CHOSE NOT TO COME HERE. The FO did everything in their power to try and convince him to join a ready to win roster in a wide open conference. Noah was in his ear since the All-Star break. Thibs was talking up the team to his agent ever since Deng was traded. Rose reached out privately. Pippen spent a weekend with him and his family in Europe a few weeks ago. Even Taj was brought out to recruit. In the end, Melo chose the $$$ over winning. That's his legacy.

If he went to Houston, I could have understood that. To choose the Knicks, and do it in the manner that he did was a monumentally douche move. He's a straight up liar. Everything he said about wanting to win & sacrificing to win was pure, unadulterated bull shit. This asshole knew SINCE THURSDAY that he wasn't joining the Bulls! Yet he delayed his decision because he didn't want to be upstaged by Lebron, like he already had when Lebron opted out. Thankfully in the meantime our FO didn't sit on their hands & started working furiously to secure the next best FA on the market in Gasol, a player Phil has openly gushed about & promised Melo he would work hard to get. Unfortunately the Melo-drama is going to cost us some quality wing players as Morrow is now off the market, with Ariza, & potentially Deng soon to be as well.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
This thread is nothing but an angry fan projecting misplaced blame onto the FO. The blame lies solely on Carmelo Anthony. HE CHOSE NOT TO COME HERE. The FO did everything in their power to try and convince him to join a ready to win roster in a wide open conference. Noah was in his ear since the All-Star break. Thibs was talking up the team to his agent ever since Deng was traded. Rose reached out privately. Pippen spent a weekend with him and his family in Europe a few weeks ago. Even Taj was brought out to recruit. In the end, Melo chose the $$$ over winning. That's his legacy.

If he went to Houston, I could have understood that. To choose the Knicks, and do it in the manner that he did was a monumentally douche move. He's a straight up liar. Everything he said about wanting to win & sacrificing to win was pure, unadulterated bull shit. This asshole knew SINCE THURSDAY that he wasn't joining the Bulls! Yet he delayed his decision because he didn't want to be upstaged by Lebron, like he already had when Lebron opted out. Thankfully in the meantime our FO didn't sit on their hands & started working furiously to secure the next best FA on the market in Gasol, a player Phil has openly gushed about & promised Melo he would work hard to get. Unfortunately the Melo-drama is going to cost us some quality wing players as Morrow is now off the market, with Ariza, & potentially Deng soon to be as well.[/QUOTE

That is why the Bulls moved on Pau Gasol before Melo's announcement. The Bulls saw it coming. McDermott and Mirotic covers the wings. But, yes Melo just said what sounds good if not outright lied when he said that money did not matter. The Bulls had no choice but to take him at his word. When Phil refused to do a S and T, it was over.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

If he went to Houston, I could have understood that. To choose the Knicks, and do it in the manner that he did was a monumentally douche move. He's a straight up liar. Everything he said about wanting to win & sacrificing to win was pure, unadulterated bull shit. This asshole knew SINCE THURSDAY that he wasn't joining the Bulls! Yet he delayed his decision because he didn't want to be upstaged by Lebron, like he already had when Lebron opted out. Thankfully in the meantime our FO didn't sit on their hands & started working furiously to secure the next best FA on the market in Gasol, a player Phil has openly gushed about & promised Melo he would work hard to get. Unfortunately the Melo-drama is going to cost us some quality wing players as Morrow is now off the market, with Ariza, & potentially Deng soon to be as well.

This whole FA period presented itself as a perfect excuse for Melo to take the money and not uproot his family from NY, imo. Melo wil say ... "I was very interested in going to the Bulls to Win, but they couldn't work out a S & T to get it done."

Of course not, that was Phil's trump card. Melo has to have the balls to make some sort of power play to get something done. It tells me two things .... either Melo is a complete fuckin idiot, or his Heart was really not ever into it.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

As usual you are one of the more sane posters around here.

Also :isee:

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I like the move to get Gasol, as well as getting Boozer out of chicago. However we need more, and IMO Forman and Pax hasn't shown an ability to pull in any big name free agents that would put us over the hump. I love the hard nosed, defensive mind set of the team, but that will only get you so far. I believe Rose will come back and play well, but he will need help in the fourth quarter of games with scoring. Is it Mirotic? IDK how we can rely on that without seeing how he adjusts to the league. I see rumors we are talking some to Wade, but does he have anything left? The east will be wide open next year, and I really think it's there for us to take, but we need to find another scorer to help Rose and company to put points on the board.

All that said I think Gasol will be a fine addition. He, Noah and Gibson should give us a good group of players in the front court. Noah's defense, rebounding, and passing, Gibson's energy and defense, and Gasol's scoring will all be pplus, but the back court worries me some. Rose and Butler will be a good enough tandem, but we need more scoring either at the SF or SG positions. I think McDermot and Mirotic will do well, but there is bound to be some growing pains, and we all know Thibs don't like playing rookies very much. Will Snell take another step? Will Dunleavey still be here? If so, I think we will have a good bench group, but I really think we need another starter at either the SF or SG spots, Butler could play either position, with someone coming in to give us some scoring to help Rose and company close games out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only problem with signiing for 1 year is the Bulls do not get Bird right. A player has to sign for 3 years. That loophole was closed quick. Otherwise everyone would be doing that.

If he does 3 1 year deals, they still get bird rights. I think