GarPax, you failed in 2010 and now you failed in 2014 and it's time for you to go!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly don't care about Anthony. What has he done? What has he ever won? He scores a lot but shoots even more. Let him do it in New York. Why does everyone pull for San Antonio and not Miami? Multiple reasons starting with Riley and the orchestration done by the big three but probably the biggest reason is because the Spurs for the most part, drafted and traded to build their team. Sure they probably paid a few bucks for some loose ends but the team is basically home grown. I'm personally sick of the dog and pony shows that go on for these highly overpaid prima donnas every few years. I won't blame GarPax for something idiotic like the past week or two and certainly not for 2010. Blown draft picks and trades like Aldridge for Thomas, that is another matter but also for another thread.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Melo not coming to Chicago is NOT GarPax' fault.

Exactly it's clear what his priorities are, GarPax couldn't have done anything to make up for the almighty dollar. We will see what they do now, Gasol is a good start IMO. They are already favorites to win the East, the next moves just further cement that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Exactly it's clear what his priorities are, GarPax couldn't have done anything to make up for the almighty dollar. We will see what they do now, Gasol is a good start IMO. They are already favorites to win the East, the next moves just further cement that.

I mean, I mentioned this on the Haps.....ideally a two year deal so Melo could opt in to a max deal an everybody wins.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The FO did their best. The superstar on the Bulls team has a reluctance to recruit. Isn't his style. He did it under duress and other players notice that kind of stuff. Noah worked hard and so did Thibs.

I can't get mad at Melo for taking that money...that is 60mil. He will most likely be the Dominique Wilkins of this era but Dominique struggled financially...this guy won't...or shouldn't.

I am not heartbroken because that money will most likely handicap the Knicks in the future. When Melo is making 20+mil a season at 33, 34 years old. I don't want the Bulls having any part of that.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Lebron just signed for 2 years with Cleveland. I don't get why the BUlls couldn't convince Melo to sign a smaller 1-2 year deal and then give him the max afterwards

Liked Posts:
So many GarPax apologists.

GarPax has done a decent job of drafting but unfortunately that's only half of their job. Being a convincing salesman to free agents is the other half and probably the more important half of talent acquisition. Their team is a storied franchise in one of the best markets and they can't close the deal without giving out bad contracts.

Liked Posts:
The FO did their best. The superstar on the Bulls team has a reluctance to recruit. Isn't his style. He did it under duress and other players notice that kind of stuff. Noah worked hard and so did Thibs.

I can't get mad at Melo for taking that money...that is 60mil. He will most likely be the Dominique Wilkins of this era but Dominique struggled financially...this guy won't...or shouldn't.

I am not heartbroken because that money will most likely handicap the Knicks in the future. When Melo is making 20+mil a season at 33, 34 years old. I don't want the Bulls having any part of that.

Yeah, they're so much better off investing in Derrick Rose's knees and obstinance when it comes to taking the court.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yeah, they're so much better off investing in Derrick Rose's knees and obstinance when it comes to taking the court.

Yeah, that's frustrating too. Not a big Rose fan...but I hope he has a fantastic year.

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's frustrating too. Not a big Rose fan...but I hope he has a fantastic year.

Yeah, I can't wait to see him in more commercials recruiting people to buy Adidas.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Players take the most money wherever it is.

If the management of the Bulls bothers someone so much they should go find some other president and GM they like and follow their team. 29 teams didn't win a championship last year, the year before and every year. A whole bunch of them tried tanking for lottery picks, some have had lottery picks for years, some trade all their picks, some sign a bunch of aging overpaid former superstars. And they don't win championships.

I stuck with lousy Jonathon Kolver Aurthur Wirtz Jerry Krause teams so either like the Bulls or move on

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Your act is getting old, man.

Since we all know that he didn't come here because he wanted that $60 million, what was the purpose of you trashing Rose above?

........Oh, I know why:

giphy.gif

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
maybe im reaching but i think Melo wanted to be a Bull....it dont take you as long as it took him to take the money

but NY didnt want to bite on a S&T and Bulls couldn't make it work money wise without dumping guys he wanted to stay like Taj

so Bulls offered him a 2 year deal starting at 17m.....after the 2nd year when the new TV deal came in they would re-up and give him max type money (this is the same type of deal Bron took with the Cavs)

SAS said yesterday Melo was really considering this offer and to me i thought he was gonna sign

however its some uncertainty with that...what if he got hurt?

so i think he just decided it was best to stay in a city he loves and take the guaranteed money

to sum it up: Melo is the one that got away

#toughluckbulls

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Some people are just not very smart. They think Lebron/Wade/Bosh all could have gone to the Bulls when they obviously played the system to get together. I guess they also believe that Melo was going to take less money when that was obviously not the case. Melo wanted the money and went to the money. The Bulls never had a change. Everything was just there to feed Melo and his ego.

The hilarious thing is people think that star players don't want to play in Chicago because of our front office. Carmelo WANTED to play here. If the money was even close to New York, he would have. He begged Phil to do a sign and trade and Phil refused. It is so obvious that it Carmelo didn't want to play in Chicago that he would have committed with the Knicks on day 1 of free agency.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
i think Melo wanted to be a Bull....it dont take you as long as it took him to take the money

but NY didnt want to bite on a S&T and Bulls couldn't make it work money wise without dumping guys he wanted to stay like Taj

so Bulls offered him a 2 year deal starting at 17m.....after the 2nd year when the new TV deal came in they would re-up and give him max type money (this is the same type of deal Bron took with the Cavs)

SAS said yesterday Melo was really considering this offer and to me it sounded like he was gonna sign

however its some uncertainty with that...what if he got hurt?

so i think he just decided it was best to stay in a city he loves and take the guaranteed money

to sum it up: Melo is the one that got away

#toughluckbulls

Exactly. It was our Front Office that was the reason he took this long to decide. Gar almost pulled a feather out of his ass and all people can do is bitch.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Your act is getting old, man.

Since we all know that he didn't come here because he wanted that $60 million, what was the purpose of you trashing Rose above?

........Oh, I know why:

giphy.gif

So...everybody that says something negative about Rose...you show up...and then I say something insulting in return...and then you run off whining like a bitch...right?

No, thank you...you are glutton for punishment. Rose has shown a reluctance to recruit since the beginning. He knows its part of the game...he's been recruited his whole life. You were ready to give Rose sole credit for Melo coming here. Get your head out of your ass.

Oh well, that was an insult...you can whine like a bitch now...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Exactly. It was our Front Office that was the reason he took this long to decide. Gar almost pulled a feather out of his ass and all people can do is bitch.

the credit for that goes moreso to Thibs/Noah....they did an amazing job recruiting

i think FO tried to make it work but it just wasn't happening