GarPax, you failed in 2010 and now you failed in 2014 and it's time for you to go!

Liked Posts:
i think the credit for that goes moreso to Thibs/Noah....they did an amazing job recruiting

i think FO tried to make it work but it just wasn't happening

Exactly. The opportunity was served up to GarPax on a silver platter by Thibs and Noah and all GarPax did was blow it--AGAIN. But at least Gar did a good job of getting rid of Thibs' favorite assistant coach.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It's amazing the amount of fans that are still circle jerking GarPax. Truly mind boggling.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
What the hell was GarPax supposed to do differently? They kissed Melo's ass! They did it for damn near 12 hours! What else do you all want them to do?

They need to seal the deal on one of these big time FA's. What does your brain not comprehend about that? And stop fucking telling us that nobody wants to play in Chicago. It's the job of the Bulls FO to convince them to want to play here.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They need to seal the deal on one of these big time FA's. What does your brain not comprehend about that? And stop fucking telling us that nobody wants to play in Chicago. It's the job of the Bulls FO to convince them to want to play here.

Who said that? You are getting dumber...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its their fault for not getting Dwight Howard. The guy who made a list of teams he wanted to go to and the Bulls werent on it. Their fault they didnt get Bosh, leBron or Wade, though they already had plans of their own.

A ton of "experts" never saw Melo coming to the Bulls because how they just dont have the room. George Karl coached Melo longer than anyone and him self said "He should go to Chicago but he'll stay in NY." Why? "He's taken every dime he could." or something along those lines but what hes saying is, Melo wants his money more than he wants to win. SAS said the same thing. Many have said it. The fact that they were as close as they were with Melo is a job well done. They nearly pulled it off. Despite what a lot of you tards think, you cant make someone play for you. Thats not how it works. A bunch of keyboard GMs swear they get someone signed here. You couldnt get Lawrence Funderburkes old ass out of retirement to play for the Bulls if the roster spot was his. Why i used Funderburke as an example, idk. First thing that came to me.

Liked Posts:
. What the hell was GarPax supposed to do differently? They kissed Melo's ass! They did it for damn near 12 hours! What else do you all want them to do?

This is an amusing question. When a fan has a strong preference on what the front office should do, people will often treat that fan like a crackpot and tell that fan that people working in the front office are more qualified to be a GM. Fair enough. But you can't have it both ways. If people are going to say that these guys (in this case GarPax) are more qualified to work in a front office, this "what was GarPax supposed to do differently" question kind of is on them to figure out. Ok, if the layman isn't allowed to be critical of them in the moment, it's certainly fair game to criticize their results over a span of time. And that's what brings us here.

In the end, the tale of the tape is results. And, in spite of having one of the few quasi super stars who refuses to recruit, GarPax still have considerable advantages that should be working in their favor.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am disappointed.

I like the addition of Gasol even though it does not address our biggest weakness. It does not look like we are going to add another impact wing player so that kind of sucks.

I feel very blah, about what Gar/Pax did this offseason.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Am I disappointed Melo isn't coming? Yes, I am.

Do I fault the FO? No.

They did what they could, roll the dice and there ya go.

Malcolm Gladwell would have a field day with some of you.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This is an amusing question. When a fan has a strong preference on what the front office should do, people will often treat that fan like a crackpot and tell that fan that people working in the front office are more qualified to be a GM. Fair enough. But you can't have it both ways. If people are going to say that these guys (in this case GarPax) are more qualified to work in a front office, this "what was GarPax supposed to do differently" question kind of is on them to figure out. Ok, if the layman isn't allowed to be critical of them in the moment, it's certainly fair game to criticize their results over a span of time. And that's what brings us here.

In the end, the tale of the tape is results. And, in spite of having one of the few quasi super stars who refuses to recruit, GarPax still have considerable advantages that should be working in their favor.

Yeah...what?

Yeah...there's nothing for them to figure out. Nothing GarPax does supplants leaving 65mil on the table. Period. Can we move on now?

Liked Posts:
Yeah...what?

Yeah...there's nothing for them to figure out. Nothing GarPax does supplants leaving 65mil on the table. Period. Can we move on now?

There's no moving on. It's an ongoing problem.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can we set a ban date for me when Durant is a free agent? I do not want to be here to witness the stupid.

Tyberius Fox

Liked Posts:
I really like what our front office did in trying to get Melo. Listen, they aren't all going to come here. Sure, we haven't landed a big time FA in awhile, but I believe that's more to luck than anything. It's not like we're striking out with 5 superstars every year. If you want someone to blame, blame the folks who don't come here... but even that is ridiculous because it may be called a game, but ultimately this is their job.

Bravo GarPax and friends, bravo!!!!

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

GarPax: Look Melo, let's just pretend that you can magically make up the near $50 million less we could've afforded to pay you compared to the Knicks. I mean, sorry that the CBA is setup to make it easier to teams to retain their own free agents by being able to allow an extra year and extra monetary incentive. I'm sure you loved seeing the pictures of you in a Bulls uni and liked being paraded around the city, and sure, our team is definitely better then the Knicks.... but you can forget about that extra money and the fact that our best player has played 10 games in 2 years, right? Sign on the dotted line!

Melo: OKAY! YEAHHHH!

6a00d83451b8c369e2014e5f459914970c-pi

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You GarPax circle jerkers keep stating that the Bulls didn't have the money. And who's fault is that exactly? Who's fault is it that the Bulls tied up so much fucking money in a worthless piece of shit player like Boozer? Who's fault is it that nobody wants to trade for that piece of shit contract?

You guessed it: GarPax

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You GarPax circle jerkers keep stating that the Bulls didn't have the money. And who's fault is that exactly? Who's fault is it that the Bulls tied up so much fucking money in a worthless piece of shit player like Boozer? Who's fault is it that nobody wants to trade for that piece of shit contract?

You guessed it: GarPax

News flash -- they couldn't have afforded a max deal even if Boozer's contract was off the cap VIA the amnesty clause. Melo would've been forced to take less than max money unless they Bulls also could've gotten rid of Dunleavy and one other fringe contract (Smith, Baristow's rights, etc.). That would've only happened VIA a sign and trade or another team taking on those contracts in exchange for a trade exception. And what shitty lottery teams with cap space would want to take on the extra money when it was completely inconsequential to the upcoming season?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
News flash -- they couldn't have afforded a max deal even if Boozer's contract was off the cap VIA the amnesty clause. Melo would've been forced to take less than max money unless they Bulls also could've gotten rid of Dunleavy and one other fringe contract (Smith, Baristow's rights, etc.). That would've only happened VIA a sign and trade or another team taking on those contracts in exchange for a trade exception. And what shitty lottery teams with cap space would want to take on the extra money when it was completely inconsequential to the upcoming season?

You're completely missing the point. Boozer should never have been signed in the first place. The money could have been put to better use. The Bulls FO completely whiffed in 2010 and made a panic sign with Boozer. Pathetic. I'm so sick of these losers running things.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone paying attention in 2010 understands why Boozer got the money he did. We can either be ignorant to the reality of how the NBA works or we can be reasonable and attempt something resembling solid NBA discussion. Not sure JJ or xplosive are capable of the latter but im hoping we get there one day.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Anyone paying attention in 2010 understands why Boozer got the money he did. We can either be ignorant to the reality of how the NBA works or we can be reasonable and attempt something resembling solid NBA discussion. Not sure JJ or xplosive are capable of the latter but im hoping we get there one day.

Because anyone who disagrees with you clearly doesn't understand basketball. GTFO