GarPax, you failed in 2010 and now you failed in 2014 and it's time for you to go!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
There's almost no truth in what you're saying. In 2010 Jazz fans were glad to see Boozer go. That's because they knew he's a paper tiger.

And no, an argument against signing Boozer doesn't default to being in favor of signing Johnson or Stoudemire. So you should really get off that falsely constructed issue. Several posts ago, I said financial flexibility is more important than overpaying for next-tier players.

There are a shit load of Knicks fans that want to see Carmelo go.

Liked Posts:
That's not the ironic part. What is ironic is you are blaming Gar for not having any cap room when you want him to have cap room to break the bank for Anthony... which would lead to the same thing, no cap room!

If Anthony signed with the Bulls and it didn't work and Durant was a free agent and we didn't have enough money to sign him, you would say the same thing I promise you.

Once again, Anthony and Boozer aren't the same player. I'm willing to put a premium on being able to score. Boozer has never been considered an elite scorer.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
You GarPax circle jerkers keep stating that the Bulls didn't have the money. And who's fault is that exactly? Who's fault is it that the Bulls tied up so much fucking money in a worthless piece of shit player like Boozer? Who's fault is it that nobody wants to trade for that piece of shit contract?

You guessed it: GarPax

Or maybe Boozers play had something to do with it? Either way, you're just a prick that likes to bitch!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Once again, Anthony and Boozer aren't the same player. I'm willing to put a premium on being able to score. Boozer has never been considered an elite scorer.

That's not the point. Carmelo got an extra 50 million over what Boozer got...

Liked Posts:
There are a shit load of Knicks fans that want to see Carmelo go.

Where you're going with this is going to lead to the issue that Carmelo and Boozer aren't the same player. Again, putting a premium on Anthony's ability to score is justifiable. They're really going to need share the ball now since they don't have that one big time scorer.

Liked Posts:
Or maybe Boozers play had something to do with it? Either way, you're just a prick that likes to bitch!

You gotta love it when people refuse to be critical GarPax because they know it's extremely unlikely R'dorf will fire them and, as a result, they start tailoring their response around it. You end up with a lot of people who refuse to be critical because they don't have the stones to call them out for their failures.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Boozer got his fair rate just like Carmelo did. You can't come back after the fact and say Boozer was overpaid.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boozer got his fair rate just like Carmelo did. You can't come back after the fact and say Boozer was overpaid.
Oh but they have and they will...

People have been saying Boozer is overpaid every year after the first year though

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You don't fire the GM when we have been a top 3 team in the East the last several years including with bad luck to Derrick.

Liked Posts:

Sure you can. It's not the average fans job to get this right.

If fans have strong opinions about what the front office should do, other fans shove the idea that people working in front offices are more qualified than together average fan. It's not the fans job to get it right because they're not paid to get it right. If you're suppose to acquiesce on the assumption the front office knows what they're doing, it's fair game when time goes by and it's apparent mistakes were made.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's almost no truth in what you're saying. In 2010 Jazz fans were glad to see Boozer go. That's because they knew he's a paper tiger.
It's kind of hard for me to believe they were that happy about it, especially because Boozer and Deron Williams had a really good thing going in Utah. The dude averaged 19 and 11 on 56% shooting. Fine, he was pretty meh on D, but what the fuck does Utah really gain from getting rid of Boozer? Deron ended up leaving(via trade) soon after Boozer bolted. I think that was because the Jazz were worried that Deron was going to leave on his own whim after the 2010-2011 season. Why? Well, not having Boozer helped.

The point obviously is that Boozer wasn't the worst move for the Bulls.

And no, an argument against signing Boozer doesn't default to being in favor of signing Johnson or Stoudemire. So you should really get off that falsely constructed issue. Several posts ago, I said financial flexibility is more important than overpaying for next-tier players.
So you wanted the Bulls to not get anything in 2010? Because that's what it seems like you're saying. Did you really want them to do that four years ago? That's bullshit and you know it.

You and others berate GarPax for standing pat and not getting shit done, but when they did four years ago(which honestly, considering the situation and other players involved, Boozer ended up not a bad signing), it's suddenly this bad mistake and the Bulls should have been aiming towards financial flexibility.

The conversation i'm envisioning in my head is this:

"Uh, so, we didn't get Carmelo Anthony. This is bullshit! GarPax not getting it done again. Those guys just can't recruit the big fish!"

Response:"Well, the Bulls did the best they honestly could. They couldn't offer the max, but they could offer a two year contract then a max extension which would still pay him a lot and put him in a position to win championships. This didn't have to do with GarPax. It had to do with Melo wanting to stay in NY get money more than win. The Bulls got pretty close to signing despite that max contract offer in NY."

"See! That's just it though. The Bulls didn't have the financial flexibility to sign him because they signed Boozer four years ago! GarPax sucks!"

Does this convo not seem a little silly to you? First it's about GarPax not being able to recruit and spend money on players(which has been emphasized time and time again), and now we're getting complaints about them SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY!? The fuck do you want?

Do you really think the Bulls went into the 2010 free agency thinking about 2014 free agency?

"Well,hmmmm, we could sign this Boozer fellow but Carmelo is going to be available in four years for sure so we should save up".

GMs think ahead, yea, I get that, but cmon they couldn't have known what things were going to be like in four years. Do you want to start planning for 2018 with me? That's a fucking long ways away isn't it?

With all things considered, Boozer wasn't a bad signing,and if Rose doesn't turn into a glass figure, the Bulls might have given the Heat a run for their money more than once. You think Boozer didn't have anything to do with their success and run in 2010-2011? Think again. Boozer(along with Noah and others) also kept the Bulls competitive when Rose was out,which MAKES THEM LOOK MORE ATTRACTIVE TO FAs LIKE MELO.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So he should be fired because of one bad signing after the fact that looked like a good signing at the time and actually helped the team the first 2 years?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So he should be fired because of one bad signing after the fact that looked like a good signing at the time and actually helped the team the first 2 years?

A lot of teams have had worse signings. I mean,honestly...

There's a lot more to this than just "Well GarPax fucked up four years ago when they signed Boozer"

Obviously, if they hadn't done that,they would have signed Melo. How the fuck do you know that? Lemme just step into that nice alternate universe of yours.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that people around here are so willing to accept mediocrity.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that people around here are so willing to accept mediocrity.
Well it seems like you are, considering your posting.

Daniele_zing.gif

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Well it seems like you are, considering your posting.

I am? On what planet? I'm bitching about GarPax, the Boozer signing, and the lack of ability to attract Melo. So how am I accepting mediocrity? LOL.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am? On what planet? I'm bitching about GarPax, the Boozer signing, and the lack of ability to attract Melo. So how am I accepting mediocrity? LOL.

Well, for starters, you were trying to quote me in your previous post, and you ended up quoting yourself.

Daniele_zing.gif