Garza To Rangers -- Olt, Edwards, Grimm to Chi (Post 607)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Swisher has an higher OBP than both DeJesus and Schierholz. Whoops. I thought OBP>>>>

And we saw this management team apparently fail in retaining the prized 12th round pick.

Now the Cubs have their assets in place, lets see if these assets are turned into anything of worth at the MLB level. That's the real determining in extending players for the core.
I'll play 20 questions.

The first question you pose is silly, because you focus your efforts on acquiring the best players. If the best players are pitchers, sign them. Hitters, sign them. All people want is for the Cubs to pursue the best players available, not necessarily bid against themselves like they did with Soriano. If they fall short of the players, so be it, but to mail it in and sell rebuilding is disappointing. Again, the issue isn't acquiring assets at the A-AAA levels, its wanting to be competitive at the MLB level. Signing Grienke, Fielder would have made them appear competitive at the MLB level. We don't know what could have been because it never was a reality.

Again, your second question an organization can do BOTH. There are far too many Cubs fans apologizing for this rebuilding process that hasn't yielded results, yet.

I think they may as well trade everyone and acquire more assets. Garza would be the only one I wouldn't want to trade, but my wants and desires haven't been, nor ever will be considered by management.

I view both Garza and Samardzija as more valuable as 2-3 starters for the Cubs than what they could return in trade.

Prospects shouldn't stop from improving the MLB club. Period.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Swisher has an higher OBP than both DeJesus and Schierholz. Whoops. I thought OBP>>>>

And we saw this management team apparently fail in retaining the prized 12th round pick.

Now the Cubs have their assets in place, lets see if these assets are turned into anything of worth at the MLB level. That's the real determining in extending players for the core.
I'll play 20 questions.

The first question you pose is silly, because you focus your efforts on acquiring the best players. If the best players are pitchers, sign them. Hitters, sign them. All people want is for the Cubs to pursue the best players available, not necessarily bid against themselves like they did with Soriano. If they fall short of the players, so be it, but to mail it in and sell rebuilding is disappointing. Again, the issue isn't acquiring assets at the A-AAA levels, its wanting to be competitive at the MLB level. Signing Grienke, Fielder would have made them appear competitive at the MLB level. We don't know what could have been because it never was a reality.

Again, your second question an organization can do BOTH. There are far too many Cubs fans apologizing for this rebuilding process that hasn't yielded results, yet.

I think they may as well trade everyone and acquire more assets. Garza would be the only one I wouldn't want to trade, but my wants and desires haven't been, nor ever will be considered by management.

I view both Garza and Samardzija as more valuable as 2-3 starters for the Cubs than what they could return in trade.

Prospects shouldn't stop from improving the MLB club. Period.

^This

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Examples? We've done this song and dance a million times. I list Fielder, CJ Wilson, Swisher, Chavez, etc. You come back with "theres no guarantee this is a playoff team!"

Spent money on pitching that's turned out pretty well? We obviously haven;t been watching the same Edwin Jackson, Shawn Camp, and Asian Sensations.

Swisher having a shitty year? Congrats, you pointed out batting average and his age. Funny in all of your sabremetrics :fap: fests, you leave his OBP of 355 out. And I'm not asking him to be the 30 home run 120 RBI guy. I'm asking him to do better than Valbuena/Ranson, Rizzo, Castro, Sappelt, and everybody else sans Soriano in driving in runners in scoring position; their biggest flaw. I'll take Swisher at 14 mil a year right now to bat 5th over what I see now.

Really? Is that why in my previous post I said this about Swisher?

His only saving grace is that he's a patient hitter who has a decent OBP

Again, if you need to meet with my 18-month old niece about reading comprehension, I'll have her bring her coloring books over to your place. I hope you've got some baby formula and some diapers.

Jackson was a waste of money when they signed him and I said that when the signing happened. I felt like they overpaid for an innings eater who'd give them an ERA in the 4s. Camp was trash to begin with, we could all assume that he was signed to be a warm body. And nobody could foresee Fujikawa blowing his arm out, so I don't think that's a totally fair assessment. Besides, he had 12 appearances for the Cubs and only had two bad outings. The other 10? 1 earned run, 4 hits, 1 walk and 13 strikeouts. This goes back to my whole unpredictability thing with free agency.

*They will seemingly be down OFs, RPs, so I target Choo, Corey Hart (back up 1B too) or Elsbury and I make sure I get better than imported garbage for relief pitching. I target Josh Johnson. I talk with Robinson Cano about a 4-5 year deal and his desired amount for it. I inquire about David Price and make Almora and Soler available as the foundation of that package.

I'd stay MILES away from Josh Johnson. There's something off with that guy. From your list of guys, the two I'd like the Cubs to focus on are Cano and Choo. Cano is a future Hall of Famer who's elite on both side of the ball and still has plenty of tread left. If he was willing to take a shorter deal (between 4 and 6 years) he's the kind of guy I'd hand a blank check to and say, "fill in the blank." Choo is a classic lead-off hitter with a great arm and good defense. I'm scared to think of what a team may pay him, but for 10-12 million a season, I think he'd totally be worth it. He'd be a great compliment to Castro and Rizzo.

**Pitching wins championships

Agreed 100%. That's the one thing I hope the Cubs really concentrate on over the next 18 months.

***For the right free agents, yes.

To be honest, I really want the Cubs to hit free agency a littler harder next year. Next year's draft looks to be a bit weaker up top as compared to this year (for now, anyway), so I'd rather have them focus money on free agency and the international pool.

****If the cubs truly rebuild--ship them off except Soriano. He's the only player I honestly believe the cubs would pay 10 fold to give away and get dick back.

I think, with Soriano, the Cubs are kind of at a stasis with him. Teams know what they're getting with him, and I honestly don't think his value will move in either direction. The only real difference is how much money they'll have to pay to get rid of him. If a contender has a huge injury on offense, especially an AL team, I could see them potentially overpaying in order to keep the production there. But just as I say you don't spend money just to do it, you don't trade a guy like Soriano if a decent offer isn't there. So again, I agree there.

*****If you dont think Matt Garza is a rotational building block, you're an idiot. Shark is only getting better.

Again, your reading comprehension is horrific. I never said I didn't think Matt Garza isn't or wasn't a rotational building block -- I asked you, in which scenario, do you think he's more valuable to the Cubs. To be honest, I think they held on to him a year too late. The offer of Nick Castellanos, Drew Smyly and a throw-in pitcher the Tigers apparently threw by the Cubs last year would've been a haul for him. My fear is if the Cubs keep Garza, they'll pay him ace money even though he's truly a #2 starter. His injury history scares me a bit, but if they're able to get him for something along the lines of 5 years and $75 million, I wouldn't be mad about that. Shark -- it's obviously way too early to deal him. Too much salary control left to deal him unless they get blown away with an offer.

******Depends, how fast or slow does Bryant get moved? Does he bust and suck ass in the minors? Does he continue his home run tear? If Bryant lives up to the hype, I'm good with a filler guy like Chavez to hold the position down till Bryant gets there.

My huge fear is still that Bryant ultimately gets moved to the outfield. Not only does that lower his overall value, but it would make me second guess picking him over Gray. But again, there's really no way to know until he gets some reps. Ultimately, I think he'll transform into a decent batting average guy with 30 to 40 homer potential with a rocket arm and adequate D.

Speaking of 'periods on the thread,' you are blind. We have done this song and dance. We tell you what we would do and you misconstrue it and conjure up nonsense and shove it in our mouths and preach it as word, then call us "derailers of threads." Knock it off...

You guys don't tell anyone anything, other than "Spend money, quit being cheap." I appreciate that you took the time out to actually give real answers. Hopefully you see that I don't disagree with you on nearly as much as you had might think. I've just always been a guy who's fascinated by player development and feel like it's the more appropriate way to build a championship team. The track record is proven. If somebody disagrees, so be it. I enjoy differing opinions, but only if somebody showcases their differences so I can understand their perspective. I think it makes the fans enjoy a major league team more if they're able to follow a guy through the minors and watch him transform.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like this board needs to all hit a blunt then we can all get along! Better then those anti depressants that half of yall have to be on!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Is that why in my previous post I said this about Swisher?

Again, if you need to meet with my 18-month old niece about reading comprehension, I'll have her bring her coloring books over to your place. I hope you've got some baby formula and some diapers.

Jackson was a waste of money when they signed him and I said that when the signing happened. I felt like they overpaid for an innings eater who'd give them an ERA in the 4s. Camp was trash to begin with, we could all assume that he was signed to be a warm body. And nobody could foresee Fujikawa blowing his arm out, so I don't think that's a totally fair assessment. Besides, he had 12 appearances for the Cubs and only had two bad outings. The other 10? 1 earned run, 4 hits, 1 walk and 13 strikeouts. This goes back to my whole unpredictability thing with free agency.

I'd stay MILES away from Josh Johnson. There's something off with that guy. From your list of guys, the two I'd like the Cubs to focus on are Cano and Choo. Cano is a future Hall of Famer who's elite on both side of the ball and still has plenty of tread left. If he was willing to take a shorter deal (between 4 and 6 years) he's the kind of guy I'd hand a blank check to and say, "fill in the blank." Choo is a classic lead-off hitter with a great arm and good defense. I'm scared to think of what a team may pay him, but for 10-12 million a season, I think he'd totally be worth it. He'd be a great compliment to Castro and Rizzo.

Agreed 100%. That's the one thing I hope the Cubs really concentrate on over the next 18 months.

To be honest, I really want the Cubs to hit free agency a littler harder next year. Next year's draft looks to be a bit weaker up top as compared to this year (for now, anyway), so I'd rather have them focus money on free agency and the international pool.

I think, with Soriano, the Cubs are kind of at a stasis with him. Teams know what they're getting with him, and I honestly don't think his value will move in either direction. The only real difference is how much money they'll have to pay to get rid of him. If a contender has a huge injury on offense, especially an AL team, I could see them potentially overpaying in order to keep the production there. But just as I say you don't spend money just to do it, you don't trade a guy like Soriano if a decent offer isn't there. So again, I agree there.

Again, your reading comprehension is horrific. I never said I didn't think Matt Garza isn't or wasn't a rotational building block -- I asked you, in which scenario, do you think he's more valuable to the Cubs. To be honest, I think they held on to him a year too late. The offer of Nick Castellanos, Drew Smyly and a throw-in pitcher the Tigers apparently threw by the Cubs last year would've been a haul for him. My fear is if the Cubs keep Garza, they'll pay him ace money even though he's truly a #2 starter. His injury history scares me a bit, but if they're able to get him for something along the lines of 5 years and $75 million, I wouldn't be mad about that. Shark -- it's obviously way too early to deal him. Too much salary control left to deal him unless they get blown away with an offer.

My huge fear is still that Bryant ultimately gets moved to the outfield. Not only does that lower his overall value, but it would make me second guess picking him over Gray. But again, there's really no way to know until he gets some reps. Ultimately, I think he'll transform into a decent batting average guy with 30 to 40 homer potential with a rocket arm and adequate D.

You guys don't tell anyone anything, other than "Spend money, quit being cheap." I appreciate that you took the time out to actually give real answers. Hopefully you see that I don't disagree with you on nearly as much as you had might think. I've just always been a guy who's fascinated by player development and feel like it's the more appropriate way to build a championship team. The track record is proven. If somebody disagrees, so be it. I enjoy differing opinions, but only if somebody showcases their differences so I can understand their perspective. I think it makes the fans enjoy a major league team more if they're able to follow a guy through the minors and watch him transform.

To be truthful. Im not about tanking season but the Cubs should this year. Gray is not a lock to be an ace. Bryant is really the better off prospect. Rondon is someone that has ace material all over him. The Cubs are going to lose this year. The draft next year is way better then this year. If you are going to sell, tank it this year. After this year it is unacceptable.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I liked a lot of your post, but this confused me. People were upset b/c the Cubs were apparently hung up on the 12th round pick instead of securing the 1st round pick...so when they gave the 1st round pick the money to get him in at the cost of the 12th round pick, people are upset?

Seems to me like they tried to get both in under the cap...and when they couldn't manage to get both, they (wisely) took the better player. Isn't that what everyone wanted all along?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would want them to sign a core hitter.

Let me put it this way:

If every thing works out they will be RH heavy in the line up.

Top prospects: Bryant, Baez, Soler, Almora all RH bats.

This may become a issue going forward. The only LH stick I see going long term is Rizzo. In the system Vogelbach both play 1B. Not helping.

So I get spending but spend on something that has substance going forward.

Shoot Cano would be a dream but I believe that some team will offer him a monster deal bigger then Pujos got. Almost bet on it. But they need a QUALITY LH stick to help split up the RH bats.

Salty would be interesting and then ship Castillo out for a arm. SH catcher would be nice. Would justify keeping Barney at 2B then with a better hitting catcher.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
CHICAGO -- A year ago at the July 31 Trade Deadline, the Cubs dealt two of their starters, lost another to injury, and then shut down another in early September. They had to scramble to fill in the gaps.

This year, the Cubs have already traded one starter -- Scott Feldman -- and Matt Garza could also change uniforms. But this year, the Cubs feel they are better prepared to handle the moves.

"There's no question the pitching staff we ran out there in September was short," Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer said Wednesday. "I think we feel a lot better about that. We have more depth in the Minor Leagues, more depth on the Major League roster. It was hard to watch [last year]. ... Shutting down [Jeff] Samardzija was incredibly hard because we didn't have anyone to fill in for him."

The Cubs expect Scott Baker, who has been rehabbing from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, to be ready in about a month. Jake Arrieta, acquired from the Orioles in the Feldman deal, also could start. Plus, they already have Carlos Villanueva, who has gone from the rotation to the 'pen and back to the rotation.

Chris Rusin and Brooks Raley, who both made their Major League debuts last season, also have another year of experience.

"There's obviously no question we're much more equipped than last year," manager Dale Sveum said.

Garza is the prime pitcher on the trade market, and Hoyer acknowledged that he has received a lot of interest.

"There's obviously a lot of incoming phone calls," Hoyer said. "There's a lot about Matt, obviously, but a lot about other players on the team, too. I think in general in the game, phone traffic has picked up. I feel there's a lot of interest in our players. The team is playing well, and a lot of our individual players are playing well. I think that's a big part of it."

Scouts are keeping an eye on closer Kevin Gregg and outfielder Nate Schierholtz.

Also:

CHICAGO -- Scott Baker, who has been recovering from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, will get a chance to pitch at Wrigley Field this year.

Baker, who has been rehabbing in Mesa, Ariz., will throw a bullpen on Thursday at Wrigley, so the Cubs' staff can evaluate his progress. On Wednesday, the right-hander pitched four innings in his fourth simulated game.

If Baker gets the go-ahead, he could begin his rehab assignment at Class A Kane County.

Baker signed a one-year, $5.5 million contract this offseason with the Cubs, and general manager Jed Hoyer said they've had conversations about a new deal for 2014.

"He's a fantastic person and a real good teammate," Hoyer said. "He's one of those guys who, when he had a setback in Spring Training, he was apologetic to us."

Baker compiled a 63-48 record and 4.15 ERA in 163 games with the Twins. He was 8-6 with a 3.14 ERA in 23 games in 2011, and then underwent surgery on his elbow in April 2012.

Potential SP depth of Shark, Jackson, Wood, Baker and Arrieta with Villanueva still under control. Rusin and Raley more weathered.

They should go out and add a bat in the off season. If they get an impact bat instead of signing Garza I'll forgive them.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Agreed. But even for a point of comparison if he rebounds to even Alexi Ramirez type numbers(.276/.315/.403) he would be well worth the contract and the value would be pretty damn good, especially with his low buyout in the option season.

Alexi Ramirez numbers might be worth the contract the next three years, but not after that.

I doubt you will find many Sox fans happy about the $9.5M he will make next season.

Right now, Castro has a LONG ways to go to even reach Ramirez type numbers.

If Rizzo turns into Adam Laroche 162 game averages(.267/.338/.480) he'd be a really good value of those contracts. I don't think either of those two projections is over the moon or complete unrealistic and pretty easy and reasonable to project to and given the year by year contract values Rizzo and Castro are still semi bargains.

Rizzo also has a very long ways to go before he is Adam Laroche.

If this, but that, maybe this, maybe that, what if..............

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Alexi Ramirez numbers might be worth the contract the next three years, but not after that.

I doubt you will find many Sox fans happy about the $9.5M he will make next season.
If Castro is putting up Alexei numbers in 2017-2018 at 9.5 million a year with the way salaries are creeping up he'd still be a value in context of the inflation we will see over the next 4-5 years.

Basic economics. Learn it.

Rizzo also has a very long ways to go before he is Adam Laroche.

If this, but that, maybe this, maybe that, what if..............
At 23 Adam Laroche was playing against AA comps. Rizzo is cutting his teeth in the MLB. I could easily see Rizzo putting up a slash line of .267/.338/.480 as an MLB player.

I get you're down on anything and everything this team does if it's not throwing cash at free agents but you're coming off as really incompetent.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
What I said if it's going to ultimately improve the team a handful of games -- which doesn't change the landscape of making the playoffs, then why spend the money? 20-30 million won't make a banner fly. In the grand scheme of things, that's a fairly negligible amount. Sure, the Cubs could've potentially added some bullpen depth and maybe a marginal bat, but I'll keep going back to the point -- it more than likely wouldn't have made a difference between making the playoffs or not. So why just spend money to spend money? Their focus was acquiring assets that were easily tradable to add minor league depth. This was discussed when the offseason started and they followed through. Like it or not, that's what the plan was.

The 20-30 million spent could have been used to acquiring assets that would make the Cubs better over the next 3-4 years instead of flipping major league players for lottery tickets that most likely will never help the Cubs.

There is always value in winning more games even if you don't make the playoffs. To be so small minded to think that there is no value to anything other than making the playoffs is frankly quite dumb.

I actually think that most of us agree that at some point very soon the Cubs will have to start signing some significant FA pieces to break free from the 90+ loss team the Cubs currently are.

What do you think would be more attractive to FA's? A team that won 85 games and just missed out on the playoffs or a 95 loss team that has a long ways to go to make the playoffs??

What team do you think could get FA's to sign more reasonable deals and not have to drastically overpay FA's to get them to come play for the Cubs? A team that won 85 games and just missed out on the playoffs or a 95 loss team that has a long ways to go to make the playoffs??

There is most definitely a lot of value in winning more games even if you don't make the playoffs.

What you guys must not understand is that having the infrastructure in place with a minor league system and scouting plan in place is necessary in order for most teams to be comfortable with spending money on free agents.

No one has ever said that the Cubs should not improve the farm system or scouting, yet the Theo worshippers continue to make these claims.

Some of us have said that BOTH can be done at the same time, and yes many teams go out and do it. The Angels have one of the lowest ranked farm systems in baseball. They have gone out and spent money. Yes they got off to a terrible, terrible start this season and it looks like their poor first month of the season will cost them a shot at the playoffs, but they are still a much, much, much, much better team than the Cubs.

Most fans must forget that, while these ownership teams are billionaires, it isn't monopoly money. They have limits to what they can and what they are willing to spend. And those teams above found a balance in all three phases by concentrating on their farm system FIRST. If you don't believe, go look at each team's rosters. Look at how many guys were drafted by those franchises, or acquired early in their respective careers VIA trade.

That may have been the case in the past, but with the present system there are limits to what you can spend on the minors and international signings.

The Cubs had about maybe $15M total to spend on the farm system this year?? I don't know the exact number.

But with as much revenue as the Cubs generate, they should easily be able to find $15M to maximize their spending on the system while fielding a competitive major league team.

That is barely more than Edwin Jackson is making alone.

If the Cubs had a ridiculously low payroll and they were winning, wouldn't you be happy? I feel like you guys just bitch about the team not going crazy with spending because they aren't doing it.

Yes we would be happy.

But they aren't winning, so your question is irrelevant.

If this, but that, what if this, maybe that. That is all you Theo worshipers have.

We are bitching because the Cubs were the second worst team in all of baseball last year.

We are bitching because they will probably be one of the worst five team in all of baseball this year.

**What route do you want them to take in free agency going into 2014?

Resign Garza. Sign Choo. Sign Utley and sign a short term option at 3B like Chavez. Add to the SP with a De la Rosa, Kuroda, Nolasco type. Bring in Balfour to close and add arms like Uehara, and Benoit to shore up the bullpen.

The Cubs are at about $50M in guaranteed contracts next year with only Shark, Russell and Wood as the key arb pieces. Say another $15M there brings you to $65M. That leaves you about $75M to spend to get to a payroll number of $140M next year.

The above could be accomplished along with the auto renewals and be right around that $140M number.

**Do you think it's more paramount that they concentrate on spending money on pitching or position players?

Both.

This team is so bad and enough improvement is needed everywhere that you shouldn't be limiting the improvement with either/or.

They should concentrate on the entire team.

**Should the Cubs scale back their draft and international funds next year in lew of spending more in free agency?

They don't have to.

The draft and international spending is so limited now that it really should have no impact of free agent spending.

They can do BOTH.

**In regards to this year, should the Cubs trade Matt Garza, Alfonso Soriano, James Russell and David DeJesus? Which players? All of them? None of them? A combination of them? Why or why not?

Sign Garza. He is the type of pitcher you can win with.
Only trade Soriano if you get usable pieces back, not just to dump a little salary.
Keep Russell. The bullpen needs all the help it can get.
Give DeJesus away. He should not be in the plans for the Cubs going forward.

**Is Garza, in particular, more valuable to the Cubs as a trade asset or a rotational building block? What about Shark?

Building blocks.

**Should the Cubs singing of Kris Bryant have any bearing on them going after a third baseman in the offseason or in a trade?

No.

Even without Bryant you still had Baez and there are no real quality long term 3B available in the offseason

We do answer questions, you guys just don't listen cause it doesn't fit your agenda of only prospects are great and every player over the age of 30 sucks.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
If Castro is putting up Alexei numbers in 2017-2018 at 9.5 million a year with the way salaries are creeping up he'd still be a value in context of the inflation we will see over the next 4-5 years.

Basic economics. Learn it.

In your opinion.

Definition of subjective. Learn it.

I get you're down on anything and everything this team does if it's not throwing cash at free agents but you're coming off as really incompetent.

And yet of the posters who actually read and comprehend what I have been saying the Cubs should do could sum it up in one word, that word would be BOTH.

You are coming off as lacking reading comprehension.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this, but that, what if this, maybe that. That is all you Theo worshipers have.

And that's all you have in regards to these magical nameless FA's that would have helped the Cubs win.

Pot kettle.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In your opinion.

Definition of subjective. Learn it.
It's not really subjective when you look at what Alexei is producing the last couple of seasons at his contract and trend inflation out to those numbers to what Castro would be making in 3-4 seasons.

And yet of the posters who actually read and comprehend what I have been saying the Cubs should do could sum it up in one word, that word would be BOTH.
How. What's the budget? How would you divide it up? What would you spend where? What moves could you or could you not then make as a result?

You're simply saying "do both" without having any real data to back it up. You're hoping the simple act of yelling "do both" manifests the needed money in order to do so.

On top of all this, if Theo doesn't set the budget how is it his fault if the budget is divided up a certain way by Rickett's? You keep putting this on Theo or Jed or whatever but you can't even tell anyone what the budget is and how you would divide or what Theo and Jed were told they could spend...so really..you have no viable point.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
It's not really subjective when you look at what Alexei is producing the last couple of seasons at his contract and trend inflation out to those numbers to what Castro would be making in 3-4 seasons.

Actually it is.

You think that a guy on pace this season to hit .280 with 2 HR's under 40 RBI's who is tied for the most errors in the majors at his position is worth $9.5M

Many others won't think that is good value.

Subjective.

How. What's the budget? How would you divide it up? What would you spend where? What moves could you or could you not then make as a result?

You're simply saying "do both" without having any real data to back it up. You're hoping the simple act of yelling "do both" manifests the needed money in order to do so.

I just laid out a detailed plan that you choose to skip in order to continue your troll fest.

On top of all this, if Theo doesn't set the budget how is it his fault if the budget is divided up a certain way by Rickett's? You keep putting this on Theo or Jed or whatever but you can't even tell anyone what the budget is and how you would divide or what Theo and Jed were told they could spend...so really..you have no viable point.

I have probably said now close to 50 times that I am not singling out Theo and Jed and blame both management and ownership.

But once again you ignore that little fact to continue your troll fest.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually it is.

You think that a guy on pace this season to hit .280 with 2 HR's under 40 RBI's
Wrong. You can't read. I put up Alexei's career slash line and compared it to his overall contract value.

Try again.

I just laid out a detailed plan that you choose to skip in order to continue your troll fest.

No you didn't. Your "detailed" plan included adding Chase Utley for an unknown amount of money and adding Eric Chavez? Then a meaningless #3 or #4 pitcher, and some bullpen arms for unknown amounts of money or contract lengths. Wow! WHAT A DETAILED PLAN!

Congrats on continually turning any thread here into a cesspool.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

If Tommy Nickels doesn't have the money to do both, the Cubs are in trouble beyond Theo's repair.