Gas station shooting legally justified

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did he really have to go outside like a spaz to get the license plate #? And for what, at that point the drunk hadn't laid a finger on him. Clerk could have gotten plate # from camera. The car was parked right by the door ffs, could have see. It from inside the store as well. Guy feeling bold w/gun just wanted to extend this.

And at what point of being shoved do you say to yourself, wow one of these shoves could kill me, I better use deadly force?

Well for this dude after about 20 shoves he decided to use his gun.

I wouldn't of had a gun and thus I wouldn't of ever used deadly force on that dude.

Yes they could have of gone into the security footage and tried to get his license plate number off those shitty cameras and then called it into the Cops.

If he went out and drove away and killed someone drunk driving, would you forgive them for it?

I just love how people are putting no blame on the guy who instigated the fight and was given every opportunity to walk away.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well for this dude after about 20 shoves he decided to use his gun.

I wouldn't of had a gun and thus I wouldn't of ever used deadly force on that dude.

Yes they could have of gone into the security footage and tried to get his license plate number off those shitty cameras and then called it into the Cops.

If he went out and drove away and killed someone drunk driving, would you forgive them for it?

I just love how people are putting no blame on the guy who instigated the fight and was given every opportunity to walk away.

Didn't mean to thank. Trouble with this tapatalk shit. That said, use deadly force when your life is in danger. No life was in danger. It would be ideal if the guy wasn't allowed to drive in that condition. Still no cause to use deadly force. Wondering if the clerk actually called police those times he got on the phone. If not, should have if only to report a drunk driver.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Didn't mean to thank. Trouble with this tapatalk shit. That said, use deadly force when your life is in danger. No life was in danger. It would be ideal if the guy wasn't allowed to drive in that condition. Still no cause to use deadly force. Wondering if the clerk actually called police those times he got on the phone. If not, should have if only to report a drunk driver.

You should thank every post I make peasant.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's clear to me neither guy handled the situation as grown adult men should handle it. Sure, it's easy to say if you attack a guy yielding a gun, you're not very smart and deserved to get shot. At the same time, it's just as easy to say, if you need to resort to pulling out and using a gun on some sloppy moron because he's pushing you -not even punching, but pushing you- then you shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place. This is the problem with conceal carry. Most of these guys don't carry a gun to truly protect themselves or others. They carry a gun because they're just itching to use it to compensate for their small dick, vast insecurities, or other mental imbalances. I'm actually shocked the guy waited after being pushed over a dozen times to take action. I think a real man, especially a guy as large as the murderer, would have rained down fists or broken a bottle over the drunk guys head and the situation would have been over until the police came. Shooting the man was avoidable and was not necessary. Why even pull it out in the first place? If you carry a gun, you should only use it if it's absolutely necessary between life and death. I'm not sure if the victim was just drunk or having one of those terrible days that we all experience (although, maybe not to the point of acting like an utter moron), but he didn't deserve to get shot. There's no doubt about it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't heard more about this case other than CCS.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I do not personally see where he was in fear for his life and forced to take another mans life. On the flip side he was backed into a corner by a drunk belligerent larger man that was pushing at him and trying to grab for his gun. This is really on the fence for me. The manly thing to say is he shouldn't have been a pussy about it and never drawn his firearm. The realistic thing is that he obviously felt his life was being threatened at the point he pulled the trigger. Shooting someone in the leg is stupid you should never shoot to injure someone, if you shoot someone it is for one reason and that is to kill them.

Unfortunate that it went down the way it did but if pushed I would probably say the police got it right not to charge him. If they were going to charge him with something it should have been a much lesser crime than murder or man slaughter.

I do not blame him for going out to get the License plate as it is an important piece of info for the police who are on the way and you don't want the idiot to go kill a family with his car or something.

With that said he never should have retreated back into the gas station. He should have stayed outside and handled the situation there where the guy could not back him into a corner, and hopefully the police arrive and resolve the situation before someone dies.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is the problem with conceal carry.

How is this a problem with concealed carry? Looked like it was open carry to me. :shrug:

On the flip side he was backed into a corner by a drunk belligerent larger man that was pushing at him and trying to grab for his gun.

That, is precisely when it became justified. Like I said earlier, I have no clue if the guy was going for the gun while it was still on the shooter's hip or only after -- we don't see the point where he draws the weapon.

Still should have just backed into the booze section and burried a handle of Jack into the guy's cranium. You guys ever see those things? They're basically glass cudgels.

1726901_120819105625_IMG_0894.JPG

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didnt know we had so many Mike Tyson's on CCS, I go to this gas station every now and then. Its like 20 minutes from where I am at. I never see anything exciting.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The drunk fuck was heading for his car.... it probably wasn't a bad idea to get his license plate and call it into the Cops right?

Not once did the guy with the firearm initiate violence with this dude, he was holding back for a long fucking time before he chose to use his weapon.

I wish the dude with the gun didn't have it and just beat the fuk outta the drunk guy, but he had his gun and had legal right to use it to defend himself.

I am not seeing what he did wrong in this situation? What crime do you want him charged with that you think could be brought before a Judge/Jury and get him convicted for?

Pretty sure the gas station had security cameras did it not? And getting his license plate doesn't stop him from driving off so he would have driven off regardless of whether the guy went out there or they used the security cam footage.

What he did wrong in this situation is he fired at a guy who was being an annoying fuck. If being an annoying fuck is cause for gunning someone down then 90% of CCS would be dead. If you are telling me you saw something in this video that put this guy's life in grave danger then please point out it. Otherwise, my argument is simply. Deadly force should be used when there is a deadly threat. I saw none in this vid.

No one intending to get violent allows someone else to push them back with one arm 15 fucking times Ares. Common sense dictates this drunk dude was nothing more than an annoying fuck. If this dude didn't have a gun, he most likely would have ignored the annoying fuck and left and everyone would have gone home alive.

The annoying fuck deserves blame for being an annoying fuck. This toy cop deserves blame for executing an annoying fuck who posed no real threat to him as far as I can tell. Is it your argument, that it's ok to execute people even when they pose no real threat? Or are you arguing that you saw a real threat in the vid that I am not aware of?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The annoying fuck deserves blame for being an annoying fuck. This toy cop deserves blame for executing an annoying fuck who posed no real threat to him as far as I can tell. Is it your argument, that it's ok to execute people even when they pose no real threat? Or are you arguing that you saw a real threat in the vid that I am not aware of?

When annoying, and clearly violent, fuck starts going for your weapon he is no real threat? Noted.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When annoying, and clearly violent, fuck starts going for your weapon he is no real threat? Noted.

I didn't clearly see if this was the case. Both are fucking losers in my mind, but neither deserved death.

If there was no gun involved here, I highly doubt anybody would have come to any harm.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I didn't clearly see if this was the case. Both are fucking losers in my mind, but neither deserved death.

If there was no gun involved here, I highly doubt anybody would have come to any harm.

Exactly. And there are many forms of "violence" and each form carries with it certain acceptable responses, IMO. For instance, if some guy is trying to club you with a baseball bat for no good reason, that is a form of violence that I think is justified shooting them for. If some wobbly fat guy is pushing you and only pushing you, I think any reasonable adult would agree that is not a killable offense. Put the gun back in your holster, and handle the mild threat with some pride and dignity. Not like some cowardly amateur.

How is this a problem with concealed carry? Looked like it was open carry to me. :shrug:

Sure. You know what I mean though. When you're legally allowed to carry a gun and walk around like Cowboy Bill, you have, or should have certain responsibilities. The problem is, the law grants the power for legalized murder for things that should not be sanctioned. I guarantee if that dude took a mixed martial arts class or something, he would have been able to handle the situation (should have been able to protect himself without MMA against that drunken guy), and felt a lot better about himself than having to shoot and murder someone because they were pushing him. What kind of message is that? Kids and young adults get pushed all the time in school. A lot worse than Cowboy Bill was getting pushed around too, mind you. But we're sending the message that it's ok to blast someone and take their life because of it? I wonder if Cowboy Bill has kids, if you would tell his son next time he goes to class and some kid bullies him, put a bullet in his torso because he has the right to stand his ground. It's honestly pathetic.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's clear to me neither guy handled the situation as grown adult men should handle it. Sure, it's easy to say if you attack a guy yielding a gun, you're not very smart and deserved to get shot. At the same time, it's just as easy to say, if you need to resort to pulling out and using a gun on some sloppy moron because he's pushing you -not even punching, but pushing you- then you shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place. This is the problem with conceal carry. Most of these guys don't carry a gun to truly protect themselves or others. They carry a gun because they're just itching to use it to compensate for their small dick, vast insecurities, or other mental imbalances. I'm actually shocked the guy waited after being pushed over a dozen times to take action. I think a real man, especially a guy as large as the murderer, would have rained down fists or broken a bottle over the drunk guys head and the situation would have been over until the police came. Shooting the man was avoidable and was not necessary. Why even pull it out in the first place? If you carry a gun, you should only use it if it's absolutely necessary between life and death. I'm not sure if the victim was just drunk or having one of those terrible days that we all experience (although, maybe not to the point of acting like an utter moron), but he didn't deserve to get shot. There's no doubt about it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't heard more about this case other than CCS.

Proof of this? Are or you just making up exaggerations?.

You don't know if the shooter had a disability that made it harder to defend himself. Or what the attacker was saying, or if he had a weapon on him. He backed away from the guy the whole way into the store, and didn't shoot until there was no where else to go.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Proof of this? Are or you just making up exaggerations?.

You don't know if the shooter had a disability that made it harder to defend himself. Or what the attacker was saying, or if he had a weapon on him. He backed away from the guy the whole way into the store, and didn't shoot until there was no where else to go.

Of course what you bolded isn't the case 100% of the time. It's a generalization. And it's a good bet when you see a dude with a holster and walking around like a cowboy, he has an infatuation with guns and is looking for any excuse to use it. The guy did not look disabled. Do you have proof of this? Because he was pushing that drunk guy with one arm with no problem. Looked perfectly capable of defending himself without using his gun if he so desired. What he desired was, murdering some moronic drunk guy instead of handling the situation a number of better and more prideful ways. He opted to take the cowardly route as would be expected from anyone walking around with a holster letting the world know just how badass they are.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah, where did you see that? Feel free to point to the video where that happens because not only is it not in the video, it's not consistent with the article in the OP.

Mandeville police, who interviewed witnesses and viewed the footage, said the shooter drew his weapon and ordered Breland back, but to no avail. He shot him once in the torso, and when Breland continued to come after him, fired two more rounds.

There is nothing in the above that says he reached for his weapon. He came at the dude which based on the video amounted to him being an annoying fuck. This wasn't even a fight. There was no slap, no punch, no kick. The dude was in his face and kept backing the dude up but he didn't even swing on the dude and at one point there was a grab and that's about it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shooting someone in the leg is stupid you should never shoot to injure someone, if you shoot someone it is for one reason and that is to kill them.

No this logic is dumb. There is no universal law that says you have to shoot to kill. That's just used as an excuse anytime someone is accused of excessive force. We all know that when someone is actually being a real threat to someone's life, shooting to kill makes perfect sense. In a scenario were not a single punch or slap even was thrown, this shoot to kill mentality is just being used to justify someone overreacting to a situation.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course what you bolded isn't the case 100% of the time. It's a generalization. And it's a good bet when you see a dude with a holster and walking around like a cowboy, he has an infatuation with guns and is looking for any excuse to use it. The guy did not look disabled. Do you have proof of this? Because he was pushing that drunk guy with one arm with no problem. Looked perfectly capable of defending himself without using his gun if he so desired. What he desired was, murdering some moronic drunk guy instead of handling the situation a number of better and more prideful ways. He opted to take the cowardly route as would be expected from anyone walking around with a holster letting the world know just how badass they are.

If the guy attacking him saw the gun, he's really fucking stupid to attack the guy. What did he think would happen?
If I were dumb enough to attack an MMA fighter, I'd get my ass kick badly. Would you say the MMA was a pussy for beating me within an inch of my life when he could have just push me away or would you think I'm a dumbass that had it coming?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the guy attacking him saw the gun, he's really fucking stupid to attack the guy. What did he think would happen?
If I were dumb enough to attack an MMA fighter, I'd get my ass kick badly. Would you say the MMA was a pussy for beating me within an inch of my life when he could have just push me away or would you think I'm a dumbass that had it coming?

He was fucking pissed drunk.