GDT: Home opener Isles @ 'hawks

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Not sure why they keep suiting up Gooftason he brings nothing
Colliton knows what guys he wants in the lineup for his amazing system. There is no room for compitent D men like Joker so they had to trade him. Talented forwards under 25 years old who can probably score around 20+ goals 50ish points are not welcome either.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Colliton knows what guys he wants in the lineup for his amazing system. There is no room for compitent D men like Joker so they had to trade him. Talented forwards under 25 years old who can probably score around 20+ goals 50ish points are not welcome either.
This system must be like Nagy system just takes 10 years to run

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey! Entwhistle sighting!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wonder who gets fired first JC or Nagy. Knowing our luck these goofballs will get extensions

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whatever system we run; I have yet to see the same one in the NHL. I swear we run Euro system

Bust

Liked Posts:
BRUTAL!

STILL EARLY TO SAVE THE SEASON! FIRE THEM ALL NOW!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now that Bowman has fucked up yet again and bailed out on a rebuild to go "all Kenny Williams" with this team....you just might as well keep JC in there. Let them keep losing....they need to draft, sign or trade for a couple of really good players. Changing coaches will improve things slightly but not enough to get them where they want to be. But they absolutely have to have the right GM in charge to do that. What the Hawks might want to do is give Bowman his richly derserved pink slip....and do it soon. I didn't watch a minute of tonight's game, not by design....but missing some this team's future games has suddenly become easier. Too many holes and they are gaping holes.....the dmen as a group are STILL horrid.....the future HOF goalie is no longer what he was...and our two best player are huge quesation marks. I've been saying since preseason that Kaner doesn't look right and while the addition of Toews helps, he doesn't appear like the Toews of pre 2020. There is work to be done and the franchise cannot afford to let Bowman fuck things up anymore than he already has.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I expect an announcement soon. Don't think JC makes it out of October.,

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another train wreck. They should have hired Trotz when he was available. JC is well past his expiration date.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now that Bowman has fucked up yet again and bailed out on a rebuild to go "all Kenny Williams" with this team....you just might as well keep JC in there. Let them keep losing....they need to draft, sign or trade for a couple of really good players. Changing coaches will improve things slightly but not enough to get them where they want to be. But they absolutely have to have the right GM in charge to do that. What the Hawks might want to do is give Bowman his richly derserved pink slip....and do it soon. I didn't watch a minute of tonight's game, not by design....but missing some this team's future games has suddenly become easier. Too many holes and they are gaping holes.....the dmen as a group are STILL horrid.....the future HOF goalie is no longer what he was...and our two best player are huge quesation marks. I've been saying since preseason that Kaner doesn't look right and while the addition of Toews helps, he doesn't appear like the Toews of pre 2020. There is work to be done and the franchise cannot afford to let Bowman fuck things up anymore than he already has.
We have to see this through Stan's viewpoint.

The 'hawks have dropped their opening four, and embarrassed themselves in the home opener. Someone during the game said something to the effect of there being a lot of seats available, and what with COVID making some people reticent to go to games (especially for a team in the cellar right now), Stan has to balance himself being the smartest guy in the room (as is his won't), with keeping the Wirtz's happy by getting butts in the seats and buying their alcohol.

Whatever the root cause is, the team is simply not executing under JC. The more the 'hawks lose, the less the 'hawks make in ticket revenue. The less the ticket revenue the more eyes get cast on Stan as the architect of the product on the ice. The acquisitions in the offseason were his, and his choice of coach was JC.

I think he cuts ties with JC soon to try to save his skin with the hopes that a better coach can right the ship enough for him to try his horse-trading act on the brass and convince them that any failures this season were JC's fault even though his acquisitions mortgaged a portion of the future.

The reality is that I don't think the lineup is as-good as a lot of people hoped on paper Like you said there are still holes. I think with a top-tier coach that gets all of the players to buy into a system they all can perform they might be as good as a WCF exit with luck. A average NHL coach I'm thinking one-and-done in the playoffs. I think that would be enough to can Stan, but on the other hand a playoff berth might be enough to save his skin.

Either way I think there's maybe 6 more games before JC goes. I agree with a lot of fans all over that Stan will have at least through the Olympic break, but after that he should come under major scrutiny--whether an interim guy like Crawford or a real permanent season head coach is brought in. We should be expecting better results. The team on paper IMHO is anywhere between a #2WC and a 3rd in the central. Right now were bottom-3 in the league. I think Stan, even though he's not a hockey mind, is smart enough to know what side his bread is buttered on and knows he needs to right the ship ASAFP to save his own hide.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hawks been outscored 15-2 in 5 on 5 play.

Can't allow Stan to waste another top 3 pick for another JAG player like Kirby Dach! Clean house Rocky!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hawks been outscored 15-2 in 5 on 5 play.

Can't allow Stan to waste another top 3 pick for another JAG player like Kirby Dach! Clean house Rocky!!!
If the Hawks don’t win the lottery they don’t have a first round pick.

And no offense, if they do win the lottery I wouldn’t want the two kids going top two to be forced to have Colonton as their first NHL HC.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
What a dumpster fire that was..
It proved a couple things;

The Hawks CAN play Colontons defensive scheme.

The third period went off the rails when they started leaning on possession.

It also showed to play Colontons system, your giving up possession and dumping and chasing the puck in the o-zone which this Hawks team cannot do effectively.

I don’t understand why they brought all these guys in who can play a possession type system when that’s not what Colonton wants.

Janmark last year was excellent because he can play puck retrieval. Why not bring in a bunch of those types instead of rolling the dice? They should have traded Kane if they are that committed to JC and got a ransom in return.

Does 0-10-1 get Colonton gone?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Murphy has been quite the disappointment
Murphy is terrible, everytime this guy is on the ice, which is about 23mins per game, he causes a turnover, leaves Opponents wide open in front of the net, makes poor judgement on his passes exiting the zone, does not create anything on the offensive front, not a very good skater. I am not sure what he brings to this team, then I realize this is why the Hawks stink. Players like Murphy are up and down the lineup.
Bowman can not construct a team, I know I harp on this over and over again, but the truth is right there for everyone to see. Media pundits, spectators, even my grandfather with partial vision can see this, what is it going to take for Rocky to wake up and advise whoever he may be to clean house and try and fix the almost unfixable at this point.