HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stinks of micromanagement to me and them not trusting Pace. But I supposed George is still a tad reluctant with Pace after he gave away $18m of his money to Glennon for playing 4 games.

Is hiring your 1st candidate on the spot doing due diligence in this very important decision? John Fox Take II - Get him, get him now.

I wonder if this trifecta will then micromanage the new HC when he decides on his coaching staff. That even assumes the new HC is allowed to hire all of his own coaches. These are the Bears after all.

You really don't understand how the salary cap and the NFL's revenue sharing system work do you? None of that money was the Bears' or George's to keep...

Washington

Liked Posts:
You really don't understand how the salary cap and the NFL's revenue sharing system work do you? None of that money was the Bears' or George's to keep...

OK, George is still reluctant with Pace for not spending the team's $18m wisely versus giving it to a QB who stinks and only played in 4 games because he stinks so bad.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
are you and shoopster the same person?

Yes, wade has already been exposed as shoopster. Just a few key points below.

He agrees with shoopster in every thread.
They have the same writing style and use the same nicknames for players and coaches.
They disliked the same poster a minute apart with the same dislike message.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, George is still reluctant with Pace for not spending the team's $18m wisely versus giving it to a QB who stinks and only played in 4 games.

you have no idea about.......you are simply guessing.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK, George is still reluctant with Pace for not spending the team's $18m wisely versus giving it to a QB who stinks and only played in 4 games.

That statement is potentially accurate.

Washington

Liked Posts:
you have no idea about.......you are simply guessing.

Would you totally trust the guy who spent your team's money very poorly last year? But yes, I agree, it is speculation. But, it stinks of micromanagement to me, but that is speculation too.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Pace: Thanks for joining me today for this in depth and thorough interview, coach.

Coach: Thank you Mr. Pace for conducting this interview with me. But who is that old lady peeking through the window looking like a 100 year old Cruella De vil?

... Ted and George walk in.

Ted: We're just here to observe the interview and collaborate later. Carry on fellas, don't mind us.

Pace: Thanks Ted. So Coach, how do you think your... (interruption)

Ted: So Coach, how do you think your experience working with young QB's will help with coaching Mitchell Trubisky?

Pace: But but but

George: Ryan, please leave the room, we'll take over from here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you totally trust the guy who spent your team's money very poorly last year? But yes, I agree, it is speculation. But, it stinks of micromanagement to me, but that is speculation too.

or, maybe they are happy that he came in under some budget number they gave him and can back out ouf the Glennon deal very easily.

There are a lot of reasons why those guys are with Pace and some very credible one's have been already stated. There is a very limited window for Shurmur and McD to interview. They may only get one shot to talk to them before they make an offer.

I can almost guarantee that Pace has his favorite for the job even before the interview process so they may only be one interview.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good - That's how pro organizations work...

Looks like they learned their lesson from the Emery/Trestman debacle

What does everyone expect? You think they leave Multi-Million dollar decisions up to 1 guy?

Ted and George hold the purse strings - That's how it works in the real world LOL

They have to live and work with that decision also- A+++++ They need to be in on that decision period.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course I would have no problem with them singing off on a deal. The Bears are their livelyhood. What I don't want is Ted researching HC candidates thru Bleacherreport and profootball focus and directing Pace to specific candidates.....

Washington

Liked Posts:
Looks like they learned their lesson from the Emery/Trestman debacle

This approach could be the same as the Fox debacle too. We'll never know how much say Pace actually has. I do not trust Ted or George at all and I do not feel they totally trust Pace with this decision alone.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This approach could be the same as the Fox debacle too. We'll never know how much say Pace actually has. I do not trust Ted or George at all and I do not feel they totally trust Pace with this decision alone.

The Fox hire is much different. Pace was brought in during the interviews and Accorsi was orchestrating things. This go around it is 100% on Pace.

billwade

Liked Posts:
I think your questions in this post have already been speculated on in the above posts.....

We now have confirmation that the sweatster and george are taking lead roles in the interviewing process, so I guess you are correct, the questions have been answered. Nothing has changed...

billwade

Liked Posts:
sounds like Shurmur and McD are choices 1 and 1a in no particular order, with a nod going to McD, maybe. They have this week to get shit done so you might as well go in with all guns ablazin.

Fine. Blaze the guns with the GM you chose to run football operations. The only thing the other two dolts can do is screw things up and pick the wrong guy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine. Blaze the guns with the GM you chose to run football operations. The only thing the other two dolts can do is screw things up and pick the wrong guy.

That is why we have been told this is 100% Pace. And it probably is and should be.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Didn't we know this two days ago?

We heard that that the process was going to be "collaborative," but there was nothing said about the sweatster and george participating in initial interviews. I'm amazed that anyone would think that this is anything but a very bad idea. These two dolts have done nothing but destroy the franchise in every conceivable way for the last two decades (along with Michael) but yet we have fans defending them.

There is absolutely nothing...let me repeat that: there is absolutely nothing sweat ted and george McCaskey can do that would contribute to the Bears choosing or signing a better head coach. However, there is a lot they can do to completely screw up the process and end up with a lesser quality coach than if they had stayed out of it.

billwade

Liked Posts:
That is why we have been told this is 100% Pace. And it probably is and should be.

100% Pace when ted and george are participating in the initial interviews with their track record of meddling? You can't be serious...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
George and Ted's excellent adventure.
pace