George and Ted reportedly will accompany Ryan Pace on coaching interviews

Washington

Liked Posts:
This go around it is 100% on Pace.

I want to believe that but am having a hard time convincing myself of it with the press conference being very alarming to me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We heard that that the process was going to be "collaborative," but there was nothing said about the sweatster and george participating in initial interviews. I'm amazed that anyone would think that this is anything but a very bad idea. These two dolts have done nothing but destroy the franchise in every conceivable way for the last two decades (along with Michael) but yet we have fans defending them.

There is absolutely nothing...let me repeat that: there is absolutely nothing sweat ted and george McCaskey can do that would contribute to the Bears choosing or signing a better head coach. However, there is a lot they can do to completely screw up the process and end up with a lesser quality coach than if they had stayed out of it.

They are going to interview candidates at some point. Why care if they are in on the first or last interview.

It's the McCasky's team they can do what the fuck they want with it. Bottom line is if they get the right guy who fucking cares who interviews him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pace
[/URL][/IMG]

Haters will say its photoshoped.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I guess no one that is complaining about Ted and George being in the interview has ever been involved in an Executive Level hiring.

Plain and simple it, is not done in a bubble, but someone in the council/group/committee has the final decision authority, that is Pace.

Why is this so hard to understand.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess no one that is complaining about Ted and George being in the interview has ever been involved in an Executive Level hiring.

Plain and simple it, is not done in a bubble, but someone in the council/group/committee has the final decision authority, that is Pace.

Why is this so hard to understand.

That is a very simple concept to understand, but when this ownership/pres have the history they have it is hard to believe.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just remember how turned off Arians was with how the bears conduct business. Hope those two clowns don’t scare anyone away

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they aren’t doing it to cut down on time, then I don’t care.

If Pace is meeting with the coach and Ted is talking to his agent George takes everyone to dinner then whatever.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just remember how turned off Arians was with how the bears conduct business. Hope those two clowns don’t scare anyone away

How Emery did business. The mock press conference he laughed at was an Emery thing.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
I'm sure Teddy and George are just going with him so they can take him out for cookies and ice cream afterwords...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jerry Jones is crazy and kind of evil, but at least he comes right out and says "I'm the Owner, President, and General Manager" and doesn't force some lackey to play pretend GM. I guess the next guy on the org chart is Jerry's glasses cleaner. I hope we never have to see Pace cleaning George's glasses.

jerrylol.gif

BTW having the owner there because it's handy to sign him right away, maybe 20 years ago.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a lot of reasons why those guys are with Pace and some very credible one's have been already stated. There is a very limited window for Shurmur and McD to interview. They may only get one shot to talk to them before they make an offer.

It's seems highly unlikely that "King" George and "Sweaty" Teddy - two of the most paralyzingly pragmatic and conservative sports executives around - are traveling to interviews with Snails so they can whip out a contract on the spot to put in front of a potential Head Coach.

Looked at another way, what Head Coach is going to take a million dollar contract and say, "Gee, this is great, no questions at all for you guys - where do I sign?" . . .

Besides, George has to come home and talk to mommy before hiring anybody.

It's not what anybody wanted to hear, but let's not pretend we didn't - the Kingster and the Sweatster are involved up to their beady little eyeballs. It's a "collaborative."

Last edited:

billwade

Liked Posts:
Yes, wade has already been exposed as shoopster. Just a few key points below.

He agrees with shoopster in every thread.
They have the same writing style and use the same nicknames for players and coaches.
They disliked the same poster a minute apart with the same dislike message.

The funniest part about this is you have three other nimrods who agree with you...

billwade

Liked Posts:
It's the McCasky's team they can do what the fuck they want with it. Bottom line is if they get the right guy who fucking cares who interviews him.

I agree with the first part, but lease don't ask us to like it. The odds that they will "get the right guy" diminish in a direct proportion to the participation of the seatster and george McCaskey. These interviews aren't in a vacuum. If you think any of the top candidates are going to be happy that these two dolts are looking over Pace's shoulder while they're being interviewed, I suspect you are very mistaken. There is no upside to the two of them being there, but there is a huge downside.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I wonder what high end steakhouse they will go to for McDaniels. I wanna be there.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I am really fucking close to going cold turkey on the bears if this shit about Teddy Boy is true.

I told you MFers 3 FKN YEARS AGO THIS SHIT WAS THE PROBLEM.

I just can't, but with MT looking so promising, I can't look away. I am in purgatory.

If they don't go 8-8 next yr, I might be tuning out for awhile.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
But I thought it was Pace's decision? Why would the sweatster and george even need to be there except to chase potential candidates off? A second or third interview with one or both to have them sign off, ok. But the first interview? I wonder if they'll tell Pace to go sit in a corner while they show the candidate how they're "football people"?

They had to give you some kind of severance, right?