Get Andy Dalton

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Some of his stats
33 tds 20 ints 4200 yards

25 tds 7 ints 3300 yards and a 106 QB rating

25 tds 12 into 3300 yards

These are basically Alex Smith in his prime numbers surrounded by weapons and Andy Reid

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Chase Daniel interview that's been floating around has given me some hope we'll sign a veteran. When referring to the Bears, Chase kept slipping and saying "they" instead of "we." He seemed to catch himself a few times.

It's like he knows...or someone told him, he won't be back next year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dalton would be a step up from Trubisky, but not likely a good long term option and would be viewed more as a stop gap.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in. If Pace were to bring in Dalton, I think that seals Trubisky's fate. Dalton will win the job, Trubisky will back up and the Bears will draft a QB in the first in 2021 to groom.

Where as if they bring in someone like Mariota or Keenum, I think Trubisky has a better shot of winning the job giving him hope. It would also mean to me, that Pace still believes in Mitch. With Dalton, I would think Pace is admitting that Trubisky isn't the answer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
one of the only quarterbacks to have a worse passer rating than Trubisky this year....

he had better running game support, a better TE and a back to back 1000 yard receiver...

sounds about right for this forum's speed and thought process

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
one of the only quarterbacks to have a worse passer rating than Trubisky this year....

he had better running game support, a better TE and a back to back 1000 yard receiver...

sounds about right for this forum's speed and thought process
Yep Belichick is a real moron.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep Belichick is a real moron.....

yes lets sign a guy based on a rumor on a second rate sports show.....even if true you'd be asking Dalton to compete here vs start at NE.....if the rumor is even true

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
That Chase Daniel interview that's been floating around has given me some hope we'll sign a veteran. When referring to the Bears, Chase kept slipping and saying "they" instead of "we." He seemed to catch himself a few times.

It's like he knows...or someone told him, he won't be back next year.
That's exactly what he is. No one is saying that he's the next franchise QB. If Chase Daniels had a better QB rating then Mitch I'm sure Andy could outplay him lmao. Mitch is a bottom 5 starting QB get over it.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
yes lets sign a guy based on a rumor on a second rate sports show.....even if true you'd be asking Dalton to compete here vs start at NE.....if the rumor is even true
Well what are you options realistically?

A battered up Cam who taking 1000 hits
Mariota whos team was better without him
Keenum?
We know Brady isn't coming
Bridgewater would be to expensive
Alex Smith who had 20 surgeries

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Except for Bridgewater, most QB options aren’t really mobile, and not as mobile as Mitch. With our abysmal Oline, it could get ugly quickly.

But then again, we are at ugly.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well what are you options realistically?

A battered up Cam who taking 1000 hits
Mariota whos team was better without him
Keenum?
We know Brady isn't coming
Bridgewater would be to expensive
Alex Smith who had 20 surgeries

I'd take Mariota over Dalton. You need to consider what offense is being run. Not sure Dalton fits into the athletic RPO style offense.

Dalton was beyond terrible last year and had more weapons than Trubisky.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I'd take Mariota over Dalton. You need to consider what offense is being run. Not sure Dalton fits into the athletic RPO style offense.

Dalton was beyond terrible last year and had more weapons than Trubisky.
Come on bro nobody is stupid enough to run RPO with Andy freaking Dalton. He's a pure pocket passer. The Titans also have weapons at receiver a good o line a great RB and a top 5 or 10 defense. Mariota went .500 with them and Ryan won a wildcard at New England

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on bro nobody is stupid enough to run RPO with Andy freaking Dalton. He's a pure pocket passer. The Titans also have weapons at receiver a good o line a great RB and a top 5 or 10 defense. Mariota went .500 with them and Ryan won a wildcard at New England

I think you've answered your question about Dalton coming here.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's obviously going to be Mariota. Pace wanted him before and he's the only guy that a fit for Nagy's RPO.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of his stats
33 tds 20 ints 4200 yards

25 tds 7 ints 3300 yards and a 106 QB rating

25 tds 12 into 3300 yards

These are basically Alex Smith in his prime numbers surrounded by weapons and Andy Reid
I wouldn't mind the dude. I think he got a bad rap in Cincinnati.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's obviously going to be Mariota. Pace wanted him before and he's the only guy that a fit for Nagy's RPO.

it seems almost too perfect a fit for backup/competition.