Get Andy Dalton

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Andy Dalton does a lot of the things that we hate about Trubisky. Rattles under pressure, doesn't play well in big games. He's more prone to turnovers too, but he will also move the ball more consistently most likely. A frustrating QB. I lived in Cincinnati for quite awhile, watched lots of Bengals games with serious Bengals fans.

He's not better enough to warrant the investment imo, unless he winds up a lof cheaper than the deal he's currently on.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take Mariota over Dalton. You need to consider what offense is being run. Not sure Dalton fits into the athletic RPO style offense.

Dalton was beyond terrible last year and had more weapons than Trubisky.
Is Nagy still going to run the RPO? I got the impression that the RPO was because of the Oregon OC. If he gets a Shurmur as OC, I doubt Nagy does the RPO shit. He came from Andy Reid, do the Chiefs run RPO that much? I honestly thought the RPO was bc of Helfriech

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If they had a veteran OC likr Shurmur they could definitely change the offense for Andy.

Also
Both career backups

Ryan Finley
62 quarterback rating and posted a 39 vs Oakland

Chase Daniels
95 QB rating if you don't count the 3 plays against the rams

I don't think you can say that Andy is in a better situation when our bum QB completely outplayed their bum QB

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Everything we know about BB points to him not leaking his offseason ideas to fucking Jennings of all people. I have 0 faith that this rumor is accurate.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Nagy still going to run the RPO? I got the impression that the RPO was because of the Oregon OC. If he gets a Shurmur as OC, I doubt Nagy does the RPO shit. He came from Andy Reid, do the Chiefs run RPO that much? I honestly thought the RPO was bc of Helfriech

we are assuming a lot here....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some of his stats
33 tds 20 ints 4200 yards

25 tds 7 ints 3300 yards and a 106 QB rating

25 tds 12 into 3300 yards

These are basically Alex Smith in his prime numbers surrounded by weapons and Andy Reid
Here are all of his stats.

Here are Mitch Trubisky's.

He is basically redheaded immobile Mitch Trubisky with even less upside.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So the rumor is that Belichick wants Dalton?

Bill's never wrong. I think you gotta do all you can to get ahead of the Pats and get that player.

Cough... cough... Vernon Gholston... cough... cough....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitchs 2018 stats are completely inflated because the D had the most turnovers which gave Mitch a ton of field position and extra possessions. Plus 10 of those tds came against the bucs and Lions.

I can't imagine white knighting this hard for Andy Dalton

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it depends on if we think he is enough to bridge the gap until we have a real solution, AND do we have the pieces in place around him. I like Dalton. Trubisky missed so MANY easy passes. I feel like Dalton would have made those. Trubisky is obviously dangerous when he's mobile. If he was more accurate, maybe this could still work. IDK. We still have serious TE issues, and OL needs as well. I honestly don't know how we went from 12-4 to 8-8.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it depends on if we think he is enough to bridge the gap until we have a real solution, AND do we have the pieces in place around him. I like Dalton. Trubisky missed so MANY easy passes. I feel like Dalton would have made those. Trubisky is obviously dangerous when he's mobile. If he was more accurate, maybe this could still work. IDK. We still have serious TE issues, and OL needs as well. I honestly don't know how we went from 12-4 to 8-8.

One of the leagues worst running games and horrible amount of turnovers from the Defense contrubuted a lot...

Trubisky actually didn't miss a lot of easy throws...you are combining last year and this year in your thought process. Trubisky was bad deep but was extremely accurate short range and average midrange.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Yeah he sucks too, what's your point?
My point is he's the best free agent. No great QB is gonna be an UFA unless their over the age of 40. There's a reason these guys are free agents but he's the best one imo. Bears could make the playoffs with average QB play. You guys sound like spoiled princesses and talking as if Mahomes Watson and Rodgers are free agents this year. You are a bears fan take a decent QB if you can get him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your one of the biggest Mitch White Knights. And I loved all the evidence you used to back up your claim.

yes because I don't want to lynch Trubisky means I am a huge white knight....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point is he's the best free agent. No great QB is gonna be an UFA unless their over the age of 40. There's a reason these guys are free agents but he's the best one imo. Bears could make the playoffs with average QB play. You guys sound like spoiled princesses and talking as if Mahomes Watson and Rodgers are free agents this year. You are a bears fan take a decent QB if you can get him.

He doesn't fit the offense and had a worse year than Trubisky with better offensive weapons.....I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
He doesn't fit the offense and had a worse year than Trubisky with better offensive weapons.....I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
You can say better weapons but that team was a whole mess. There's a reason Andy's backup went in and had a 62 rating and Mitchs backup went in and had a 95.

Also if you dont think Mitchs stats are inflated remember when Rex had 23 tds with the number 1 defense. In a time where it was much harder to score. How did Rex do when he became a 3rd stringer for the redskins then got cut?