Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My point is he's the best free agent. No great QB is gonna be an UFA unless their over the age of 40. There's a reason these guys are free agents but he's the best one imo. Bears could make the playoffs with average QB play. You guys sound like spoiled princesses and talking as if Mahomes Watson and Rodgers are free agents this year. You are a bears fan take a decent QB if you can get him.
FFS , Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, Dak Prescott and Marcus Mariota would all be better free agent choices and are actually set to be free agents which Andy Dalton is not until 2021 at this point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FFS , Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, Dak Prescott and Marcus Mariota would all be better free agent choices and are actually set to be free agents which Andy Dalton is not until 2021 at this point.

Many of those are cost prohibitive if you want to give Mitch a chance to win the job.

You need someone who is not so expensive they have to start, but good enough not to embarrass you.

Mariota and Trubisky share and agent so that would probably mean they are not going to let him come to Chicago.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My point is he's the best free agent. No great Bears could make the playoffs with average QB play.
Andy Dalton was literally the worst starting QB in the NFL this season

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
FFS Brees and Brady aren't coming
Ryan is obviously gonna get resigned by the Titans
Mariota is worse
Are you mental enough to think we could pay Dak?
Bridgewater is the only question mark but he played with Sean Payton had a great o line Thomas cook Kamara and is probably going to be asking for a lot of money

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can say better weapons but that team was a whole mess. There's a reason Andy's backup went in and had a 62 rating and Mitchs backup went in and had a 95.

Also if you dont think Mitchs stats are inflated remember when Rex had 23 tds with the number 1 defense. In a time where it was much harder to score. How did Rex do when he became a 3rd stringer for the redskins then got cut?

yes that means the Bengals backup is worse than ours......not exactly a big sample size.

considering the bengals were constantly getting blown out you would think that your logic should be reversed...Dalton's passing stats would be inflated....Bengals had 4 less turnovers than the Bears...not sure what huge inflation you are talking about.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mariota is worse
Bridgewater is the only question mark but he played with Sean Payton had a great o line Thomas cook Kamara and is probably going to be asking for a lot of money

Mariota was statistically better than Dalton last year...wtf are you looking at?

Mariota had a higher completion percentage, better TD to INT ratio, better passer rating, better yards per attempt

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Many of those are cost prohibitive if you want to give Mitch a chance to win the job.

You need someone who is not so expensive they have to start, but good enough not to embarrass you.

Mariota and Trubisky share and agent so that would probably mean they are not going to let him come to Chicago.
So now agents decide where players go? Good God.
I can see that conversation.
MM: I am hearing the Bears are interested in me, Ryan Pace shot me a text and wanted to meet and have a talk with him and Matt Nagy.

Agent: Sorry Marcus, I know there is a good chance to become a starter there, the team has great potential, and it is a great city, but we already have our client, Mitch Trubisky, there. I know it is not ideal, but we have opportunities as a back up in beautiful Cleveland and maybe even historic Cincinnati that we are looking into for you. You know as long as we don't place one of our rookie QB clients there that is.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mariota was statistically better than Dalton last year...wtf are you looking at?

Mariota had a higher completion percentage, better TD to INT ratio, better passer rating, better yards per attempt
Nope Andy is better. Chaka Khan says so.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
yes that means the Bengals backup is worse than ours......not exactly a big sample size.

considering the bengals were constantly getting blown out you would think that your logic should be reversed...Dalton's passing stats would be inflated....Bengals had 4 less turnovers than the Bears...not sure what huge inflation you are talking about.
Obviously talking about his 2018 stats.......

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mariota is worse
So I shouldn't point out that you are factually incorrect in stating:
My point is he's the best free agent.
He is not a free agent and is far from the best if he even was one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes there is a direct correlation with QB success and defense getting turnovers....look at all the playoff teams...they all have more created turnovers....

Even with the defense getting less turnovers, Trubisky had a better passer rating than Dalton.

The year Dalton had over a 100 passer rating was when the Bengals were third in the league in turnovers per game....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really wanna compare the Titans roster and head coach to the Bengals? Really?

well the Bengals had better weapons than the Bears on offense, yet that doesn't cross your radar....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Some of his stats
33 tds 20 ints 4200 yards

25 tds 7 ints 3300 yards and a 106 QB rating

25 tds 12 into 3300 yards

These are basically Alex Smith in his prime numbers surrounded by weapons and Andy Reid
If you believe that AD is actully the best choice then why do you continue to cherry pick stats throughout his career? Dude blows and has done so through his early and prime portions of his career. [/thread]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So now agents decide where players go? Good God.
I can see that conversation.
MM: I am hearing the Bears are interested in me, Ryan Pace shot me a text and wanted to meet and have a talk with him and Matt Nagy.

Agent: Sorry Marcus, I know there is a good chance to become a starter there, the team has great potential, and it is a great city, but we already have our client, Mitch Trubisky, there. I know it is not ideal, but we have opportunities as a back up in beautiful Cleveland and maybe even historic Cincinnati that we are looking into for you. You know as long as we don't place one of our rookie QB clients there that is.

They want both their clients starting.

They are not going to under cut Mitch with Mariota, when they can get Mariota somewhere else where he can compete to start and does not push one of their other players to the bench.

If you do not think that the agent will have huge influence where Mariota signs you are kidding yourself.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is how the evaluation of the backup QB will go

1. Is this guy better than Chase Daniel?
2. What will he cost?
3. Can Mitch beat him out?

danchi23

Liked Posts:
No id take Mariota to compete with The Tru and make him feel like he needs to step up his game. Sometimes guys need to feel so competition to bring the best out of them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dalton is not good.

But we are not going looking for a good QB. They cost too much money and Trubisky has not chance of beating them out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

They are not going to under cut Mitch with Mariota, when they can get Mariota somewhere else where he can compete to start and does not push one of their other players to the bench.

If you do not think that the agent will have huge influence where Mariota signs you are kidding yourself.

Mariota would be a great fit, unless he gets a starting gig...same goes with any other QB with any agent.....Its possible Dalton, if he is cut, gets a starting gig somewhere. If Mariota can't start anywhere and a backup is his only potential then Chicago would be a good a spot as any, especially if there is a perception that Trubisky could get benched.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

If he gets similar offers and situations sure, but if you think that if MM visits CHI and loves the situation that his agency will refuse to let him go to the Bears , you are just wrong. Or he will just switch agencies.