Get Andy Dalton

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mariota would be a great fit, unless he gets a starting gig...same goes with any other QB with any agent.....Its possible Dalton, if he is cut, gets a starting gig somewhere. If Mariota can't start anywhere and a backup is his only potential then Chicago would be a good a spot as any, especially if there is a perception that Trubisky could get benched.

I agree.

But I think his agent will try and get him anywhere else. Because he does not want a client holding a clipboard.

Also, he risks losing Trubisky as a client. If the agent steers Mariota to Chicago to take 10s job why would he stay with him? He is putting Mariota's interests over Mitch's.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he gets similar offers and situations sure, but if you think that if MM visits CHI and loves the situation that his agency will refuse to let him go to the Bears , you are just wrong. Or he will just switch agencies.

Or Mitch switches.

The agent loses if he ends up in Chicago. So now we have the most powerful person in their professional lives working against the Bears.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree.

But I think his agent will try and get him anywhere else. Because he does not want a client holding a clipboard.

Also, he risks losing Trubisky as a client. If the agent steers Mariota to Chicago to take 10s job why would he stay with him? He is putting Mariota's interests over Mitch's.

This is going to come down to money. The agent has influence but what if Chicago offers the most money. How does the agent justify steering him towards another team, then you piss off your other client.

All this is for naught if Mariota gets a starting gig somewhere else.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Or Mitch switches.

The agent loses if he ends up in Chicago. So now we have the most powerful person in their professional lives working against the Bears.
MM would be coming to Chicago knowing he is a backup with potential positional upside. If MM ends up replacing MT, MT is a goner and future backup regardless. Whether or not MM ends up a Bear will be influenced by agency mildly at best.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Except for Bridgewater, most QB options aren’t really mobile, and not as mobile as Mitch. With our abysmal Oline, it could get ugly quickly.

But then again, we are at ugly.

Thank u. Somebody here gets it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My thought is Mariota or Newton if the price is right. The new HC benched Dalton ( I don't blame him). He was never a playoff caliber Qb. He did nothing to lift Cinn. plus he's immobile. If I were Marvin Lewis, I wouda' benched Dalton b4 he cost me my job.
-------

Side note: b4 somebody says Mariota was benched......sure he was, but he's younger and a lot more mobile than Dalton.
I believe Mariota's would be on a mission to prove everyone wrong. He'd come here with a 'chip on his shoulder'

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dalton is not good.

But we are not going looking for a good QB. They cost too much money and Trubisky has not chance of beating them out.

...and that's why we're never gonna be winners with that mindset

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd take Mariota over Dalton. You need to consider what offense is being run. Not sure Dalton fits into the athletic RPO style offense.

Dalton was beyond terrible last year and had more weapons than Trubisky.

Look at you guys shining turds.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the leagues worst running games and horrible amount of turnovers from the Defense contrubuted a lot...

Trubisky actually didn't miss a lot of easy throws...you are combining last year and this year in your thought process. Trubisky was bad deep but was extremely accurate short range and average midrange.

IDK, I can remember a lot of softer, "touch" passes he sailed over Cohen, Gabriel, and other shorter players. This is the first chart I pulled up when looking:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Dalton is decidedly mediocre. Signing Dalton says to me that the Bears are trying to make a run in the window while the defense is still very good. And they think they just need a QB to not lose games.

Ideally, I would like them to try to duplicate the Titans situation. Go after a QB who was in an offense that maybe didn't fit his skillset, still is young enough, and has some upside in his natural abilities. Dalton fits 0 of those. If they are going to go that direction, give me Keenum, who has at least caught lightning in a bottle a few times in his career.

Mariota does, but as Windy pointed out there's issues with that as he shares an agent with Trubisky. Also, have to wonder why he couldn't succeed in the same situation Tannehill is looking like an MVP candidate in.

I honestly don't know what the Bears are going to do. Best case may be the Raiders cutting Derek Carr.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Dalton is decidedly mediocre. Signing Dalton says to me that the Bears are trying to make a run in the window while the defense is still very good. And they think they just need a QB to not lose games.

Ideally, I would like them to try to duplicate the Titans situation. Go after a QB who was in an offense that maybe didn't fit his skillset, still is young enough, and has some upside in his natural abilities. Dalton fits 0 of those. If they are going to go that direction, give me Keenum, who has at least caught lightning in a bottle a few times in his career.

Mariota does, but as Windy pointed out there's issues with that as he shares an agent with Trubisky. Also, have to wonder why he couldn't succeed in the same situation Tannehill is looking like an MVP candidate in.

I honestly don't know what the Bears are going to do. Best case may be the Raiders cutting Derek Carr.

I agree, I think it's going be Keenum with an outside shot at Derek Carr if everything aligned.

At least that's what I would try to do.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
They’re all bums.

I have a feeling the bears somehow grab a QB in the draft.

If not, I’d seriously just rather have Mitch back out there and just hope he can be at least average and then draft someone in 2021.

And yes I’d gladly eat crow if they signed one of these “bums” and they tear it up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there are often too many variables to parse stats between teams as the basis for evaluation.

Mariota is very much like Trubisky. I thought Trubs had a little more Brees in him, but he doesn't have that arm at all. They both have woeful deep balls and inconsistent accuracy at any distance. They both had some difficult situations and could run more except for fear of injury.

I'd be happy to have either compete with Trubisky alongside a rookie being groomed and hand selected by Nagy, but I lean toward Red Rifle because he isn't the same. He has a better arm than either and could bring some other tools to test Nagy with. Is Mariota a slightly better version of Trubisky? Again...I think parsing that out is difficult...but why? That doesn't seem to work with Nagy, I'd go for the different guy with the arm weapon, draft a guy in Nagy's ideal vision, and then its up to Nagy to show his vision works.

Right now Pace is on the hot seat, Nagy is showing leadership, and may we have better luck with injuries next year and fix the glaring mistakes Pace should have addressed 2 and 3 years ago, or failed to address 2 and 3 years ago.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Agree

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
That's exactly what he is. No one is saying that he's the next franchise QB. If Chase Daniels had a better QB rating then Mitch I'm sure Andy could outplay him lmao. Mitch is a bottom 5 starting QB get over it.
FFS Brees and Brady aren't coming
Ryan is obviously gonna get resigned by the Titans
Mariota is worse
Are you mental enough to think we could pay Dak?
Bridgewater is the only question mark but he played with Sean Payton had a great o line Thomas cook
Well what are you options realistically?

A battered up Cam who taking 1000 hits
Mariota whos team was better without him
Keenum?
We know Brady isn't coming
Bridgewater would be to expensive
Alex Smith who had 20 surgeries

and is probably going to be asking for a lot of money
Lol damn these turned out to still be pretty accurate. Proud of myself.