Get me Tmac!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Can the bulls please take a chance on something and get Tmac. He has a huge expirng deal and we have a couple of packages to get him. We can do Kirk and Miller or Salmons, Miller and James. Either trade will get us max cap space next year.

One of two things will happen. Tmac will come in, get 20+ppg and lead us to the playoffs or he will be a horrible cripple and get us a top lottery pick. Either will be a welcome positive to the status quo. This will also increase ticket sales for scrooge. Get it done.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
No harm in trying for it, not sure the Rockets will trade him ratherthan just let him expire though. Given how well their team is doing right now they could be a player for a free agent themselves if they keep their cap space (if they don't pick up some of the options they should have enough to offer a max deal).

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
with brooks and lowry, they want more than hinrich. they dont have much use for deng as they have ariza and battier, so we dont have the peices to get anything done. we need a 3rd team.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
When is the last time TMac played principally off the ball? In Toronto? Even then he facilitated a lot of offense...I don't know about him coming here. I am on the fence on that one.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
with brooks and lowry, they want more than hinrich. they dont have much use for deng as they have ariza and battier, so we dont have the peices to get anything done. we need a 3rd team.

Or you could just just do the second trade of Miller, Salmons and James. They definetly could use a center and Salmons is a guy that would fit well too.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
I am 110% in favor for this move. I wanted to actually do a podcast today to talk about this. Houston is apparently willing to take back salary in dumping McGrady. That means they would be willing to take back multi-year deals that allow them to trade for McGrady in the first place. Tracy McGrady is according to Hoopshype, the highest paid player in the NBA, making $23 million this year. His expiring deal ALONE, would allow us to get a max player next year. Trade for McGrady NOW, just you CANNOT include Brad Miller in the deal. The move could potentially save our season, or have little effect on an already shit season, but would have HUGE rewards in the end.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
No harm in trying for it, not sure the Rockets will trade him ratherthan just let him expire though. Given how well their team is doing right now they could be a player for a free agent themselves if they keep their cap space (if they don't pick up some of the options they should have enough to offer a max deal).

If they took on Salmons, Miller and James, it would only add on under 6 mill next year. Houston isn't getting a star fa. They just aren't a big enough or attractive enough market or attractive enough market. If they get someone it will be in trade.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Or you could just just do the second trade of Miller, Salmons and James. They definetly could use a center and Salmons is a guy that would fit well too.

i'd do it. especially if they throw in a back up center. what do we have to loose? i'm not sure we can do it though. wouldn't we need to sign another player? something something nba teams need 13 players? i read somewhere that the jazz needed to sign some players. would you start t-mac?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
I am 110% in favor for this move. I wanted to actually do a podcast today to talk about this. Houston is apparently willing to take back salary in dumping McGrady. That means they would be willing to take back multi-year deals that allow them to trade for McGrady in the first place. Tracy McGrady is according to Hoopshype, the highest paid player in the NBA, making $23 million this year. His expiring deal ALONE, would allow us to get a max player next year. Trade for McGrady NOW, just you CANNOT include Brad Miller in the deal. The move could potentially save our season, or have little effect on an already shit season, but would have HUGE rewards in the end.

Brad Miller is the one guy they would want. They have no center and Adelman likes him. But I agree, I would love to do a deng/Kirk trade but its not going to happen. They are going to want kirk/Miller or more likely Salmons, Miller and James.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I would do any of those combos for T-Mac. Even if he doesn't even play for us atleast we got some salary cap room.

I was reading the Bleacher Report and they said Deng-Miller for T-Mac, stating that Houston wants more scoring and would put Ariza at the 2, Deng at the 3 and bring Battier off the bench. For some strange reason Houston is always trying to get rid of Battier?

If the Bulls could get rid of Deng in the deal they could sign Wade/Bosh or Johnson/Bosh no problem and be instant contenders!!!

Wade/Bosh/DRose/Noah WOW, and they could keep Salmons and put him back at the 3 where he belongs!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
TheStig wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

i'd do it. especially if they throw in a back up center. what do we have to loose? i'm not sure we can do it though. wouldn't we need to sign another player? something something nba teams need 13 players? i read somewhere that the jazz needed to sign some players. would you start t-mac?
Yes you would have to sign another player. The trade would clear about 1.1 mill in salary so that we could sign a couple of minimum guys without going over the lt.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
There's no harm in trying. I mean we wanted this guy 10 seasons ago. This team is floundering right now. We need scoring. T-Mac has done that his entire career. Is he really done? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, you're getting a career 22-5-5 player who's $23mill contract comes off the books next year so I say why the hell not.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

If they took on Salmons, Miller and James, it would only add on under 6 mill next year. Houston isn't getting a star fa. They just aren't a big enough or attractive enough market or attractive enough market. If they get someone it will be in trade.

Well they've got a supporting cast that looks like it's going to prove itself able to make the playoffs without help, plus another star in Yao. It's starting to look like the Rockets are the best on court situation for a star to go to, so surely it's worth them taking shot regardless of not having the market the Knicks do.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Well they've got a supporting cast that looks like it's going to prove itself able to make the playoffs without help, plus another star in Yao. It's starting to look like the Rockets are the best on court situation for a star to go to, so surely it's worth them taking shot regardless of not having the market the Knicks do.

Stars like to play with other stars. Yao is a injury case and that team is gonna be a low seed and get bounced. You can't outhustle everyone in the playoffs thats why we never had success. Miami will be the place to be, south beach plus wade, mb and chalmers will be a good fit for a star and a above mle center. Houston has never gotten a fa till they were a contender. People just don't want to play for them, they are just a really small market.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'm just saying Houston are in the same position as we are ... they'll probably strike out but it's worth a try to go for a FA. I don't think Hinrich or Salmons are worth giving up that shot for.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I don't want T-Mac. He could make things interesting if he's healthy(that's a big if), but even he won't change the reality of this team. The Bulls are a mediocre basketball team that will get smack in the first round of the playoffs or be at the bottom of the lottery. I don't see a realistic move out there that's going to change that reality.

Sorry Bulls fans, but there is just not going to be any relief as a fan until the off season. We're just going to have to suffer with our slightly below average team.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
I don't want T-Mac. He could make things interesting if he's healthy(that's a big if), but even he won't change the reality of this team. The Bulls are a mediocre basketball team that will get smack in the first round of the playoffs or be at the bottom of the lottery. I don't see a realistic move out there that's going to change that reality.

Sorry Bulls fans, but there is just not going to be any relief as a fan until the off season. We're just going to have to suffer with our slightly below average team.

so if its so bleak, wouldn't you want more cap space?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
I'm just saying Houston are in the same position as we are ... they'll probably strike out but it's worth a try to go for a FA. I don't think Hinrich or Salmons are worth giving up that shot for.

Salmons won't cost them all of their cap space and paying scola will take them out of max range anyway.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
The Rockets have a solid point guard rotation with Brooks and Lowry. They are pretty much set at the swing positions with Ariza, Battier, and Budinger. I think the Rockets are probably the last team that would consider taking on Hinrich's deal. If the Rockets organization is sick of T-Mac, they can simply opt to buy him out at some point of the season. I think they will soon after the trade deadline.