Give Theo time

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
theres alot of IFs in baseball, just have to hope your team has more good IFs come true then bad ones :pray:

And I am still waiting for the good IF's to outweigh the bad ones for Theo and Co with the Cubs.

Hasn't happened yet.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
he spent 50 mil on players but payroll was still cut by 3 mil from 109 to 106 going into 2013 from 2012..
he wasnt able to add 50 mil to last yrs payroll....

did he make a couple of bad signs ? yes like jackson and stewart.. he also made a couple of decent ones too..
he wasnt given an extra 50 mil to spend on an already or somewhat decent roster..
he signed or resigned at least 13 players that i can think of for most of that 50 mil, your just not going to get many good players on the cheap..

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So signing Rizzo to a deal worth $200M less than Pujols is a bad move?

it could turn out to be a waste of cash as he is not proven. comparing his money to albert pujols is fucking redonk-clueless. the end.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Actually it does increase revenues by $37M.

The math was right in front of you for the entire world to see.

So of the seasons would have been slightly less and some slightly more based on the attendance, but that is why I used the average attendance for the five seasons or so to avoid your childish strawman games.

However you didn't disappoint.

So Forbes has listed that the revenues have increased.

I gave the basic math on how the increase in ticket prices alone accounted for nearly $40M.

And yet you still stamp your feet and throw your sippy cup with a childish temper tantrum that the Cubs aren't making as much money as they are.

And people wonder why I point out that people have an agenda?

I know this will probably be too advanced for you to understand, but if your revenue decreases by roughly 11% (lowering ticket prices) but you drop your operating costs by about 27.5% (lowering payroll), guess what that leaves you??

MORE PROFIT!

[video=youtube;fKBRtdp2e98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBRtdp2e98[/video]

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
it could turn out to be a waste of cash as he is not proven. comparing his money to albert pujols is fucking redonk-clueless. the end.

Why? They both play the same position, and Rizzo is getting paid on a perceived upswing while Pujols got paid in the twilight of his career.

Granted, if the Angels win a Series, it doesn't really matter how much they paid.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? They both play the same position, and Rizzo is getting paid on a perceived upswing while Pujols got paid in the twilight of his career.

Granted, if the Angels win a Series, it doesn't really matter how much they paid.
I agree that it isn't fair to compare a free agent deal to one of these Longoria specials that have become the rage in baseball.

As far as Rizzo's production, all we can do is wait and see, but so far the results in Chicago has been pretty good.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
This is my thing. I understand we are going through a rebuild. I just dont understand how people think it is just going to turn out all peaches and cream at the end. You dont know that. I dont know that. Theo and them dont know that. People have a right to be upset for the darts they have thrown at the wall because many havent stuck. Now, some people take it over board just like some people defend Theo and them on every move. Just some advice, Theo and them have made bad moves already. Its ok. All GM's make them. Now, to the people who think Soriano and MArmol contracts are killing this team is foolish as well. Soriano has been solid the past year and change. He has stayed healthy and that has always been a key for him. People who blame Hendry for this team being bad is also stupid because this is Theos team now. It would be like blaming Bush for our country state even though Obama has been in for 5 years.(not being political, making an analogy). Hendry did the best he could with the resources he was given. He came up short, but the guy would have killed himself to brign a championship to the Cubs. So, the whole knock on him is ridiculous and you lose merit with me when he is brought up. Leave the past in the past. Now, for people who say Theo needs 5 years to change this team is ridiculous becaue the Cubs are not small market. They should be able to put a competitive team out there by next year. If they dont, then I question Ricketts and his motives. I think Theo and them do what they can, but Ricketts wont open up his pockets. Yes, they are renovating and everything else but it comes a time when you have to make a splash. This team could compete with some of the right moves in the off season. They need the right bats and for their pitching to stay together. The bullpen is a mess. That may be the hardest to fix. But, people need to stop hating on people for being upset. This has been some horrible Cubs teams. The biggest thing that gets me is how not fundamentally sound the team is. I thought Sveum was brought in to make the bad plays go away. Well, it is not happening. I like Sveum as a bench coach, but I dont see him here by the time the Cubs are really ready to compete. I see both sides of the argument, but it seems people are so dramatic about protecting their side. There is a middle ground. Wish people would see that.

Holy TLDR Batman!

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Let's take a look now and a look back at all the positives of tanking seasons in the name of "rebuilding"..................................................................................

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is my thing. I understand we are going through a rebuild. I just dont understand how people think it is just going to turn out all peaches and cream at the end. You dont know that. I dont know that. Theo and them dont know that. People have a right to be upset for the darts they have thrown at the wall because many havent stuck. Now, some people take it over board just like some people defend Theo and them on every move. Just some advice, Theo and them have made bad moves already. Its ok. All GM's make them. Now, to the people who think Soriano and MArmol contracts are killing this team is foolish as well. Soriano has been solid the past year and change. He has stayed healthy and that has always been a key for him. People who blame Hendry for this team being bad is also stupid because this is Theos team now. It would be like blaming Bush for our country state even though Obama has been in for 5 years.(not being political, making an analogy). Hendry did the best he could with the resources he was given. He came up short, but the guy would have killed himself to brign a championship to the Cubs. So, the whole knock on him is ridiculous and you lose merit with me when he is brought up. Leave the past in the past. Now, for people who say Theo needs 5 years to change this team is ridiculous becaue the Cubs are not small market. They should be able to put a competitive team out there by next year. If they dont, then I question Ricketts and his motives. I think Theo and them do what they can, but Ricketts wont open up his pockets. Yes, they are renovating and everything else but it comes a time when you have to make a splash. This team could compete with some of the right moves in the off season. They need the right bats and for their pitching to stay together. The bullpen is a mess. That may be the hardest to fix. But, people need to stop hating on people for being upset. This has been some horrible Cubs teams. The biggest thing that gets me is how not fundamentally sound the team is. I thought Sveum was brought in to make the bad plays go away. Well, it is not happening. I like Sveum as a bench coach, but I dont see him here by the time the Cubs are really ready to compete. I see both sides of the argument, but it seems people are so dramatic about protecting their side. There is a middle ground. Wish people would see that.

Very good post. Well done.

sent from mars home of Ian Stewarts baseball skills using tapatalk

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Very little middle ground when the team was designed to lose before the season starts.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Very little middle ground when the team was designed to lose before the season starts.

No one should ever be happy with a team that you know during spring training has zero chance.

This is the second season in a row of that.

But apparently it is unreasonable to be displeased with that and say so.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one should ever be happy with a team that you know during spring training has zero chance.

This is the second season in a row of that.

But apparently it is unreasonable to be displeased with that and say so.

It seems like it is equally unreasonable to not think the sky is falling without being a "slurper"...

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
It seems like it is equally unreasonable to not think the sky is falling without being a "slurper"...

No one thinks the sky is falling.

Some think it is unacceptable to field a 100 loss team, do little to nothing to improve the team in the offseason and be faced with yet another 100 loss season.

Although the recent 'hot streak' has them on pace to lose 'only' 93 games.

Which will be lavished for praise as a great success from the same people who say there is no difference between 100 losses and 85 losses and they would rather be bad than lose in the World Series.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Some think it is unacceptable to field a 100 loss team, do little to nothing to improve the team in the offseason and be faced with yet another 100 loss season.

Which will be lavished for praise as a great success from the same people who say there is no difference between 100 losses and 85 losses and they would rather be bad than lose in the World Series.

And you should as well since that would put them ten wins closer to the playoffs and is a "significant amount".

Last edited:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

You did say you'd rather lose 90 games then 100 since it's 10 wins closer to contending.