Give Theo time

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
You can't trade them together, stupid they're on different teams. I wouldn't have rathered keeping Cashner and signing Fielder to 10 years 214 though. Man you really pick and choose what you quote to try to make a point don't you.

Well in reading your posts, there is only so much stupidity I can take at once.

I have to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a good thing your posts are shorter otherwise I'd have to consult a brain surgeon on internal bleeding.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
It's kind of laughable how you would rather have Cashner and Prince Fielder over Anthony Rizzo. Really is. Cashner throws 100 MPH ZOMG he's the GOAT. Rizzo isn't even at his peak yet and he's looking like he's a bonified all star already. So pretty sure we stole one in that deal. 3B go ahead and name one player that was young and deent that we could have gotten so far that would solidify 3B.. name 1. Hell I'd rather have Baez brought up as a 3B at this point. I seriously cannot grasp your thinking here. It makes no sense. You'd rather a .500 record over a top 5 pick.. why? I'd rather 1 or 2 years of 100 losses over .500 every year as if that's gonna get us anywhere at all. who is ever gonna wanna come here if we have no pieces for the future and are stuck at mediocre ball?

Dumb.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
It's a good thing your posts are shorter otherwise I'd have to consult a brain surgeon on internal bleeding.

And the brain surgeon would have sent you to a proctologist.

Proctologists, more frequently referred to as colorectal surgeons, are doctors. Colorectal surgery is a medical specialization with a focus on conditions affecting the anus and rectum. Colorectal surgeons are usually MDs. Their educational requirements typically include undergraduate work in pre-medicine or biology, medical school and an extensive surgical residency. Following the surgical residency additional specialized surgical training focused on the colon and rectum is required.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
The farm would still be almost identical doing all of that plan as it is now.

You still could have gone out and signed Soler. The moves would have been made before last season, so they still would have had the #6 pick last year.

Maybe you don't have Vizcaino who has yet to even throw a pitch for the Cubs organization and already people are talking that his future is in the bullpen but the Cubs would also still have Cashner.

The only real thing you probably wouldn't have is this year's #2 pick. I will take a .500 major league record over the #2 pick all day, everyday.

Cause Theo and Co have really solidified that position already huh?? Not the position you really should mention if you are trying to defend the process that is going on.

Well they are both gone and exactly what pitching is there to replace them? You would still have Cashner.

Oh the horror of having to endure having one of the premier sluggers in the game performing at an extremely high level the next six or seven years.

Yeah, they got that spot locked down right now also, right?

Probably the second worst spot on the club behind 3B to try and defend the process happening.

Where is all this money coming from to pay Fielder 25 mill a year, Aram 15 million, Zambrano 12 million, soriano 17 mil, and then get cespedes soler?
Hell why didnt we just sign Fielder and Pujols and put Pujols in left field. and we probably should have signed josh hamilton and zac grienke this year. Our payroll should be over $300 million

That fact that you would rather have a .500 record than a #2 draft pick is stupid.

Lets look at some #2 picks
Jamiseon Tallion
bryon buxton
Dannu Hultzen
Dustin Ackley
Justin Verlander
BJ Upton
Mark Prior( who Jim Hendry messed up)
Josh Beckett
Mark Mulder
JD Drew

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Where is all this money coming from to pay Fielder 25 mill a year, Aram 15 million, Zambrano 12 million, soriano 17 mil, and then get cespedes soler?
Hell why didnt we just sign Fielder and Pujols and put Pujols in left field. and we probably should have signed josh hamilton and zac grienke this year. Our payroll should be over $300 million

That fact that you would rather have a .500 record than a #2 draft pick is stupid.

Jamiseon Tallion
bryon buxton
Dannu Hultzen
Dustin Ackley
Justin Verlander
BJ Upton
Mark Prior( who Dusty Baker messed up)
Josh Beckett
Mark Mulder
JD Drew

Fixed

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Jamiseon Tallion
bryon buxton
Dannu Hultzen
Dustin Ackley
Justin Verlander
BJ Upton
Josh Beckett
Mark Mulder
JD Drew
Glad to know fans value getting the 2nd pick in the MLB draft over a winning record.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Glad to know fans value getting the 2nd pick in the MLB draft over a winning record.

.500 isn't a winning record :tongue:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Where is all this money coming from to pay Fielder 25 mill a year, Aram 15 million, Zambrano 12 million, soriano 17 mil,

From the revenues that have the Cubs as one of the top revenue teams in baseball.

Hello, this is the Cubs. Not Pittsubrgh, Kansas City or Tampa.

People need to stop believing the myths that the Cubs are poor. You are only being used as fools.

The team that was proposed is not some unheard level of salary like the Theo slurpers like to pretend that it is. It would be nowhere close to what the Yankees or Dodgers are fielding this year. Still considerably less than the Phillies have this year and quite possibly less than Boston and Detroit this year.

But you want to act like it is an amount from Mars.

and then get cespedes soler?

Who???

JORGE Soler is getting about $3M a year. I think the Cubs could still manage. Idiots like you hear it's a $30M contract and forget the detail that it is over NINE YEARS!

Don't be more stupid than you already have been.

People have suggested a possible roster that would have been about half that level.

Jamiseon Tallion
bryon buxton
Dannu Hultzen
Dustin Ackley
Justin Verlander
BJ Upton
Josh Beckett
Mark Mulder
JD Drew

The fact that you would throw away seasons for a high draft pick is 100% ignorant and a loser mentality.

Idiots like you spend a lot on the lottery every month instead of responsible savings.

First of all three of the picks you have listed haven't played a single inning of major league baseball yet you want to praise them as great picks. Huh??

Let's take a look at some more #1 and #2 picks shall we??

Let's start with Dustin Ackley again.

Ackley at #2 or Trout the same year at #25. Which do you think is a better pick?? I mean Ackley's .242 Avg and 19 HR's in 275 games is tempting and all, but.....
How about Tim Beckham?? Anyone have a clue who he is??
Luke Hochevar and Greg Reynolds in 2006?? Those were obviously better picks than Clayton Kershaw or Tim Lincecum??
Matt Bush anyone??? Jared Weaver or Billy Butler or even Stephen Drew or Neil Walker could have helped a team more.
Bryan Bullington?? Nah, much better long term option than Greinke, Fielder, Swisher, Hamels or Cain.
Adam Johnson?? Could have won and gotten Utley or Wainwright.

All you slurpers stand on your soapbox and scream about how much better at drafting Theo and Co are, but then turn around and say they couldn't draft in the middle of the first round and also have to have a top 2 draft pick.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the revenues that have the Cubs as one of the top revenue teams in baseball.

Hello, this is the Cubs. Not Pittsubrgh, Kansas City or Tampa.

People need to stop believing the myths that the Cubs are poor. You are only being used as fools.

The team that was proposed is not some unheard level of salary like the Theo slurpers like to pretend that it is. It would be nowhere close to what the Yankees or Dodgers are fielding this year. Still considerably less than the Phillies have this year and quite possibly less than Boston and Detroit this year.

But you want to act like it is an amount from Mars.

Who???

JORGE Soler is getting about $3M a year. I think the Cubs could still manage. Idiots like you hear it's a $30M contract and forget the detail that it is over NINE YEARS!

Don't be more stupid than you already have been.

People have suggested a possible roster that would have been about half that level.

The fact that you would throw away seasons for a high draft pick is 100% ignorant and a loser mentality.

Idiots like you spend a lot on the lottery every month instead of responsible savings.

First of all three of the picks you have listed haven't played a single inning of major league baseball yet you want to praise them as great picks. Huh??

Let's take a look at some more #1 and #2 picks shall we??

Let's start with Dustin Ackley again.

Ackley at #2 or Trout the same year at #25. Which do you think is a better pick?? I mean Ackley's .242 Avg and 19 HR's in 275 games is tempting and all, but.....
How about Tim Beckham?? Anyone have a clue who he is??
Luke Hochevar and Greg Reynolds in 2006?? Those were obviously better picks than Clayton Kershaw or Tim Lincecum??
Matt Bush anyone??? Jared Weaver or Billy Butler or even Stephen Drew or Neil Walker could have helped a team more.
Bryan Bullington?? Nah, much better long term option than Greinke, Fielder, Swisher, Hamels or Cain.
Adam Johnson?? Could have won and gotten Utley or Wainwright.

All you slurpers stand on your soapbox and scream about how much better at drafting Theo and Co are, but then turn around and say they couldn't draft in the middle of the first round and also have to have a top 2 draft pick.
1-3 years of below 500 for success afterwards>500 ball every year.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
1-3 years of below 500 for success afterwards>500 ball every year.

Well glad it is so easy.

I mean Kansas City has been below .500 for 19 of the last 20 seasons.

Guess they should be successful for the next 50 years or so right??

Pittsburgh has been below .500 for 21 straight years.

They most be good for a couple World Series titles in the next decade.

Man, wish I had known it was this easy a long time ago.

Just suck for 1-3 years and you will be being successful afterwards.

Wonder why the Major League teams haven't figured out such an easy and simple solution like you have??

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well glad it is so easy.

I mean Kansas City has been below .500 for 19 of the last 20 seasons.

Guess they should be successful for the next 50 years or so right??

Pittsburgh has been below .500 for 21 straight years.

They most be good for a couple World Series titles in the next decade.

Man, wish I had known it was this easy a long time ago.

Just suck for 1-3 years and you will be being successful afterwards.

Wonder why the Major League teams haven't figured out such an easy and simple solution like you have??

You must be a Laker and Yankee fan at night if you don't understand how rebuilding works, it's not over night!Seriously 1 post showing me the team in 09 I'll give you the 09 roster hell take any damn roster you want after 08 for the Cubs and show me what your gonna do if you're Theo coming into the situation and the owner has told you cut costs to say 105 mil. Go ahead, I'm all ears. And make it work. Seriously go ahead I'd love to see a Championship caliber roster made from that trash heap.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
You must be a Laker and Yankee fan at night if you don't understand how rebuilding works, it's not over night!Seriously 1 post showing me the team in 09 I'll give you the 09 roster hell take any damn roster you want after 08 for the Cubs and show me what your gonna do if you're Theo coming into the situation and the owner has told you cut costs to say 105 mil. Go ahead, I'm all ears. And make it work. Seriously go ahead I'd love to see a Championship caliber roster made from that trash heap.

Again since you didn't understand it the first hundred times or so, no one has said Theo should have built a Championship caliber roster by now.

But since you have no arguments against the more factual and intelligent points that have been made, you resort to ridiculous hyperbole.

People have pointed out that it wouldn't have been hard to field a team that would have at least been competitive.

Carry on your teen angst temper tantrums though.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
You must be a Laker and Yankee fan at night if you don't understand how rebuilding works, it's not over night

Or maybe I live in Royals territory and have been watching a team rebuild for 25 years since they won the World Series.

Or been watching the Pirates rebuild since their great teams of the early 90's.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Woohoo competitive... I'd be so much happier and watching so many more games if we won 10 more games a year. Hell if we were at 500 I'd watch half those games because we'd have a better chance to win half of em!