Give Theo time

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
daw that's cute the little middleschooler is trying to insult me. 20 and in my 3rd year at a University that costs a bit more then a community college. But carry on. Troll. or how you would put it, "troll on, loser"

Dude if you are in your third year of college and don't know the difference between revenue and profit, you are wasting mommy and daddy's money.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude if you are in your third year of college and don't know the difference between revenue and profit, you are wasting mommy and daddy's money.

aw petty insults goody!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
aw petty insults goody!

Well had you admitted you had no clue what you were talking about the first three or four times people tried to correct you, we could have moved on.

But you had to argue that revenue had to do with payroll.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well had you admitted you had no clue what you were talking about the first three or four times people tried to correct you, we could have moved on.

But you had to argue that revenue had to do with payroll.

Twice and Dabs explained, then I admitted to him I was wrong. You on the other hand continue to insult like a little girl on the school yard like you know anything other then the pee wee dim witted views crammed in your Special person skull.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Twice and Dabs explained, then I admitted to him I was wrong. You on the other hand continue to insult like a little girl on the school yard like you know anything other then the pee wee dim witted views crammed in your Special person skull.

This dim witted views that at least crammed the difference between profit and revenue into my Special person skull.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Ummm.....

How does payroll have any affect on revenue???

I am not sure you have a clue on what you are talking about.

You can't increase revenue simply by cutting payroll.

HUH???

They increased revenue from 2006 to 2011 by raising ticket prices, attendance increased, adding to the advertising in the ballpark including the signage behind home plate, added more premium seating between the foul lines, added the Batter's Eye Club in center field, expanding the bleachers to add more seating and selling the naming rights to call the bleachers the Bud Light Bleachers.....

Really? Do you pay attention at all as to what is really going on or do you just blindly believe what is told to you in the last five minutes?

The Cubs significantly increased their payroll by using the available and increased revenue they generated.

It is obvious to many how they increased payroll. Only to the morons does it seem to be some sort of unsolvable mystery.

Alright, so payroll doesn't affect revenue. However, revenue does affect what a team can spend on payroll.

As to your rumblings about how the Cubs increased revenues by 50M from 2006 to 2011 through increased ticket sales:
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/cubsatte.shtml

That shows that attendance peaked in 2008 and has decreased by nearly 500,000 from 2008-2012. Care to retract your theory of increased ticket sales?

As to increased ticket pricing:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/412548-mlb-power-rankings-ticket-price-edition

&

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=9nKR_lH500eaDCUFrpZC5w&bvm=bv.46340616,d.aWc

2010 average Cubs ticket price $70.46. 2011 average Cub ticket price - $46.90. Care to retract your theory of increased ticket prices?

And all of the rest of the items you listed there is pure speculation as well.

When in doubt make shit up... That's the KB way!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Alright, so payroll doesn't affect revenue. However, revenue does affect what a team can spend on payroll.

And so revenue does affect what a team can spend on payroll but somehow the Cubs with increased revenue can't spend more on payroll???

What the F are you talking about?? Seriously. You make no sense at all.

As to your rumblings about how the Cubs increased revenues by 50M from 2006 to 2011 through increased ticket sales:

You are a moron.

I cited increased tickets sales and pricing by the TRIBUNE Co. as two of many ways that revenues were increased.

Strawman on loser.

Last edited:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
And all of the rest of the items you listed there is pure speculation as well.

Pure speculation??

So I the advertising behind home plate is a figment of my imagination??

Or is the cost of electricity of those signs equal to or greater than the amount of revenue generating by the signage??

Those are the only ways that the signage is pure speculation of increasing revenue.

I guess I am also making up the Batter's Eye Club in Center Field also. Man I must have an active imagination cause I would almost swear that I have seen advertisements during Cub broadcasts for that area. Or that or the Ricketts are so generous that they will simply give away those tickets free of charge out of the goodness of their hearts.

And that entire expansion of the bleachers. Wow that was a whopper of my imagination seeing as my imagination must be strong enough to project the expanded bleachers to those walking by Sheffield or Waveland Ave.

Same goes for the added seating behind home plate that caused the brick wall behind home plate between the home and visitor dugouts to be torn down, moved closer to home plate and reconstructed.

I must be like freaking Professor X or some other comic book hero that my speculations can be seen by millions of others except for total idiots like you.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
No matter how much prove there is that Ricketts is a cheap bastard fans will always believe him. Ricketts only cares about 1 thing and thats making money. Since Ricketts has been owner payroll has been cut, Revenue gone up, profit has gone up, Cubs have seen .500 or better for total of 5 days since he been owner for 3+ years. 4 of those days were in the 1st week of the seasons. He never owned the team while over .500 in May. But fans will believe anything that is thrown into the media by a guy who saids he wants to win but never proved that in 3+ years. Cub fans are known to be the dumbest around the nation for a reason. Its cause of fans like most of you guys who think Cubs are the best team in baseball for losing 100 games and getting that top 3 pick so Cubs get that top prospect that MIGHT make a difference in 5+ years.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
No matter how much prove there is that Ricketts is a cheap bastard fans will always believe him. Ricketts only cares about 1 thing and thats making money. Since Ricketts has been owner payroll has been cut, Revenue gone up, profit has gone up, Cubs have seen .500 or better for total of 5 days since he been owner for 3+ years. 4 of those days were in the 1st week of the seasons. He never owned the team while over .500 in May. But fans will believe anything that is thrown into the media by a guy who saids he wants to win but never proved that in 3+ years. Cub fans are known to be the dumbest around the nation for a reason. Its cause of fans like most of you guys who think Cubs are the best team in baseball for losing 100 games and getting that top 3 pick so Cubs get that top prospect that MIGHT make a difference in 5+ years.

lol

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:

This is a great post! It's sad, but true.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
And so revenue does affect what a team can spend on payroll but somehow the Cubs with increased revenue can't spend more on payroll???

What the F are you talking about?? Seriously. You make no sense at all.

You are a moron.

I cited increased tickets sales and pricing by the TRIBUNE Co. as two of many ways that revenues were increased.

Strawman on loser.

And completely overlook the actual ticket sales and ticket pricing that I posted.

It's fucking pointless with you. You ask for facts. You're shown facts, and you ignore them. The fucking tribune continued to spend lavishly on payroll that they would never have to actually pay due to the sale of the team, the whole while ticket prices and attendance were falling. So, just admit that you were full of shit in regards to your suggestion that the Cubs increase in payroll by 50M from 2006 to 2011 was financed by increased ticket sales and increased ticket prices.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Pure speculation??

So I the advertising behind home plate is a figment of my imagination??

Or is the cost of electricity of those signs equal to or greater than the amount of revenue generating by the signage??

Those are the only ways that the signage is pure speculation of increasing revenue.

I guess I am also making up the Batter's Eye Club in Center Field also. Man I must have an active imagination cause I would almost swear that I have seen advertisements during Cub broadcasts for that area. Or that or the Ricketts are so generous that they will simply give away those tickets free of charge out of the goodness of their hearts.

And that entire expansion of the bleachers. Wow that was a whopper of my imagination seeing as my imagination must be strong enough to project the expanded bleachers to those walking by Sheffield or Waveland Ave.

Same goes for the added seating behind home plate that caused the brick wall behind home plate between the home and visitor dugouts to be torn down, moved closer to home plate and reconstructed.

I must be like freaking Professor X or some other comic book hero that my speculations can be seen by millions of others except for total idiots like you.

You are making a WAG. Do you have any sources that these additions added up to at least 50M in additional revenue to allow the Cubs to increase payroll equally as much? NOPE! I did find an article regarding the Toyota sign. That one netted the Cubs a total of 2M over a 3 year period. http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/05...rigley-field-toyota-ad-raises-fan-ire-but-ma/

As to the Batters Eye Club in Center, fairly sure you need a ticket to get into there, and also fairly certain that those ticket prices would be included in the link I posted earlier. Same thing goes for the bleachers. Same thing goes to the added seating behind home plate.

But when in doubt, make shit up. That is the KB way!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Do you have any sources that these additions added up to at least 50M in additional revenue to allow the Cubs to increase payroll equally as much? NOPE!

Forbes magazine.

Revenues for the 2006 season, $179M

Revenues for the 2010 season, $246M

That is an increase of almost $70M which more than covers the increase of $50M in revenue.

But here comes the part where you claim you know far more than Forbes magazine. That is the willrust way!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
That shows that attendance peaked in 2008 and has decreased by nearly 500,000 from 2008-2012. Care to retract your theory of increased ticket sales?

Nope.

Because ticket sales increased from 2006-2008 and even in 2009 was greater than it was in 2006.

You will notice that when the Ricketts started running the team and putting out a shit product that the team attendance started declining in 2010.

As to increased ticket pricing:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/412548-mlb-power-rankings-ticket-price-edition

&

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=9nKR_lH500eaDCUFrpZC5w&bvm=bv.46340616,d.aWc

2010 average Cubs ticket price $70.46. 2011 average Cub ticket price - $46.90. Care to retract your theory of increased ticket prices?

You are an idiot.

The 2010 numbers you provided are the SECONDARY market numbers, not what the team was charging for the tickets in 2010.

Here is a link that shows the Cubs average ticket price in 2007 was $34.30.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2008/03/28/average_ticket_price_list/

So the average ticket price increased about $12.50 from 2007 to 2011.

At $12.50 for an average of 3,181,542 fans (the average yearly attendance between 2006-2010) gives you an increase in revenue of $39.7M just on ticket sales alone.

So that leaves another $10M in concessions, increased signage in the ballpark, concerts, football games, hockey games etc. Easily feasible.

Last edited:

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
Nope.

Because ticket sales increased from 2006-2008 and even in 2009 was greater than it was in 2006.

You will notice that when the Ricketts started running the team and putting out a shit product that the team attendance started declining in 2010.

You are an idiot.

The 2010 numbers you provided are the SECONDARY market numbers, not what the team was charging for the tickets in 2010.

Here is a link that shows the Cubs average ticket price in 2007 was $34.30.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2008/03/28/average_ticket_price_list/

So the average ticket price increased about $12.50 from 2007 to 2011.

At $12.50 for an average of 3,181,542 fans (the average yearly attendance between 2006-2010) gives you an increase in revenue of $39.7M just on ticket sales alone.

So that leaves another $10M in concessions, increased signage in the ballpark, concerts, football games, hockey games etc. Easily feasible.

Why argue with trolls? He has no baseball sense. No business sense. And he can't even research correctly because he doesn't have a clue.

But it is comical watching you light him up over and over! lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cub fans are known to be the dumbest around the nation for a reason.

so, as a cub fan your insulting yourself here :shrug:

just to be clear as i read all these threads..
some on here are in agreement that ricketts is cheap and only cares about making profit ( although he has been spending money to improve on other parts of the organization ) but not the actual major league team.. but yet complain that epstein hasnt done a good job bringing in high priced FAs or good FAs at a cost..

:obama:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
so, as a cub fan your insulting yourself here :shrug:

some on here are in agreement that ricketts is cheap and only cares about making profit ( although he has been spending money to improve on other parts of the organization ) but not the actual major league team.. but yet complain that epstein hasnt done a good job bringing in high priced FAs or good FAs at a cost..

:obama:

Gold-Star.jpg

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
some on here are in agreement that ricketts is cheap and only cares about making profit ( although he has been spending money to improve on other parts of the organization ) but not the actual major league team..

Yeah. He is spending money on other parts of the organization where he will increase revenue, as has been pointed out over and over and over.

You left that little detail out of your analysis.

but yet complain that epstein hasnt done a good job bringing in high priced FAs or good FAs at a cost..

He has done a terrible job. Period.

The Cubs payroll is not where it should be given the revenue they generate, but it is still higher than most.

Considering that 75% of the roster has been turned over there has been ample opportunity to improve the team, even with payroll being cut.

The Orioles are spending $13M less and are currently 7.5 games better than the Cubs.
The Braves are spending $14M less and are currently 7 games better than the Cubs.
The Diamondbacks are spending $15M less and are currently 6.5 games better than the Cubs.
The Brewers are spending $21M less and are currently 2 games better than the Cubs.
The Royals are spending $22M less and are currently 5.5 games better than the Cubs.
The Pirates are spending $24.5M less and are currently 6 games better than the Cubs.
The Indians are spending $26M less and are currently 6 games better than the Cubs.
The Twins are spending $28M less and are currently 4.5 games better than the Cubs.
The Mets are spending $30.5M less and are currently 1.5 games better than the Cubs.
The Mariners are spending $32M less and are currently 2.5 games better than the Cubs.
The Rockies are spending $32M less and are currently 5 games better than the Cubs.
The Padres are spending $37M less and are currently 2 games better than the Cubs.
The Athletics are spending $44M less and are currently 4 games better than the Cubs.
The Rays are spending $46M less and are currently 4 games better than the Cubs.

The only teams spending less than the Cubs that are worse than the Cubs are the two worst teams in baseball. Houston and Miami.

The Angels are spending $23.5M more and have the same record.

Only the Blue Jays are spending more than the Cubs and have a worse record, $13M more.

I guess I should point out the Dodgers are only .5 game better than the Cubs and the White Sox one game better before the semantic police wet themselves.