Good to Know at least one Player the Cubs are Paying can hit MLB Pitching

patg006

Liked Posts:
But dont you remember?! He was totally blocking all the prodigies we have stockpiled in the minors!?! And his albatross salary is no longer on the books! And he NEVER protected Anthony Rizzo in the line up!

I for one, am glad we have have 35 year old Darnell McDonald starting in left. It's just part of the rebuild process that Bronson fucking Arroyo 2 hits the cubs....

Right?

Of course, common sense dictates Soriano was actually the best player on this god awful team past 2 years offensively.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
But dont you remember?! He was totally blocking all the prodigies we have stockpiled in the minors!?! And his albatross salary is no longer on the books! And he NEVER protected Anthony Rizzo in the line up!

I for one, am glad we have have 35 year old Darnell McDonald starting in left. It's just part of the rebuild process that Bronson fucking Arroyo 2 hits the cubs....

Right?

Of course, common sense dictates Soriano was actually the best player on this god awful team past 2 years offensively.

Yeah, because the Cubs were totally making a serious run at the playoffs when they had Soriano here this year.

Right?

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Yeah, because the Cubs were totally making a serious run at the playoffs when they had Soriano here this year.

Right?

Not the point..........

You don't make a trade to get worse. They traded their only good hitter to open up a spot for Lake. Well, Lake has played 2B or 3B his entire career, the Cubs just thought LF was a brilliant idea. They could have Lake at 2B or 3B instead of Ransom, Barney, or some other scrub.

But yay they got a prospect that wasn't even ranked in the Yankees top 20. :clap:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Right?

True. However, anyway you look at it, the Cubs are worse as a team because they traded him away. I really thought the object of rebuilding anything was to get better. Or is this Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory where you have to go backwards to get forward? :popcorn:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not the point..........

You don't make a trade to get worse. They traded their only good hitter to open up a spot for Lake. Well, Lake has played 2B or 3B his entire career, the Cubs just thought LF was a brilliant idea. They could have Lake at 2B or 3B instead of Ransom, Barney, or some other scrub.

But yay they got a prospect that wasn't even ranked in the Yankees top 20. :clap:

No, that is the point. The Cubs aren't winning anything this year, they probably won't next year either. Do you not understand the rebuilding process? Soriano isn't part of it. So why stay here? To maybe win 5-6 more games this season? They currently sit around the 4th overall pick. Losing games now to get better in the future is something I'll live with.

As good of a hitter you think Soriano was, he wasn't taking them to the playoffs this year or next. He's gone, right move. Who knows how that prospect will turn out? He could be a solid piece to the rebuilding plan. Soriano isn't.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True. However, anyway you look at it, the Cubs are worse as a team because they traded him away. I really thought the object of rebuilding anything was to get better. Or is this Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory where you have to go backwards to get forward? :popcorn:

Once again, do you really think Soriano would win them all of these games by himself? No.

He's in a hot streak like we have seen. Its amazing when he gets hot. But when he's cold, he's awful. And we have seen him cold before... especially in the playoffs.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
No, that is the point. The Cubs aren't winning anything this year, they probably won't next year either. Do you not understand the rebuilding process? Soriano isn't part of it. So why stay here? To maybe win 5-6 more games this season? They currently sit around the 4th overall pick. Losing games now to get better in the future is something I'll live with.

As good of a hitter you think Soriano was, he wasn't taking them to the playoffs this year or next. He's gone, right move. Who knows how that prospect will turn out? He could be a solid piece to the rebuilding plan. Soriano isn't.

May as well get rid of Turd Wood, Castro, Rizzo, and Shark for the same reasoning.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Do you not understand the rebuilding process? Soriano isn't part of it.

Clearly you do not understand the rebuilding process either.

When you rebuild, you try and get better players than the ones you are getting rid of.

Do you really think what ever shitty prospect they got back from the Yankees is a part of the rebuilding process?

Actually you are probably dumb enough to think he is.

Losing games now to get better in the future is something I'll live with.

Complete loser mentality.

You understand there is no guarantee that losing games now will make you better in the future don't you?

How dumb will you feel if you end up living with losing now only to end losing in the future?

The last two games, Soriano has 4 HR and 13 RBI.

Cubs have 17 runs as a team in the last 6 games.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
We got literally nothing for Soriano, not that we should have expected more, but Black is pretty much nothing. So I wouldn't have minded keeping him either.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
In related news.......

Marlon Byrd hit is 18th HR tonight and his OPS is sitting in the .840ish range.

And Michael Bowden still sucks.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
In related news.......

Marlon Byrd hit is 18th HR tonight and his OPS is sitting in the .840ish range.

And Michael Bowden still sucks.

Because you must have been so mad when they got rid of Byrd too, right?

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Alfonso Soriano has 13 RBI the past 2 games, and it's the 6th inning today.

Wow 2 games is such a great sample size! Congrats, that's the very definition of cherry picking statistics. What was the point of bringing this up? We all know he goes through hot and cold streaks, I'll let you know when he goes hitless for a week. I swear, some of you guys on this board thrive on negativity.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Because you must have been so mad when they got rid of Byrd too, right?

Actually yeah.

Paying his entire salary for a player they could have claimed off waivers seemed stupid at the time.

Looks even worse now.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Save it and let us know when the shitty ass prospect they traded for does something, anything at the major league level.

Haha that would be the day this board blew up. I'm meh on this trade, I do wish they got something more for him and didn't have to pay most of his salary still, but at the same time I wouldn't have minded seeing him stay. I can see what they were going for though, no one knows how long Soriano can keep this level of play up, or even how long he will play until he retires. They wanted to get something while they still could instead of nothing. Even if it was a "shitty ass prospect."

But, like I said let's choose two game sample sizes and :fap: to how amazing the great Soriano is and how stupid Blunder Boy is! I heard that he had this one AB, and hit a HR! That means, like, he's hitting 1.000!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Haha that would be the day this board blew up. I'm meh on this trade, I do wish they got something more for him and didn't have to pay most of his salary still, but at the same time I wouldn't have minded seeing him stay. I can see what they were going for though, no one knows how long Soriano can keep this level of play up, or even how long he will play until he retires. They wanted to get something while they still could instead of nothing. Even if it was a "shitty ass prospect."

But, like I said let's choose two game sample sizes and :fap: to how amazing the great Soriano is and how stupid Blunder Boy is! I heard that he had this one AB, and hit a HR! That means, like, he's hitting 1.000!

Don't subject yourself to the Cubs Forum-itis, go back to DePaulfan's Sacha Kljestan :fap:fest :smug:

patg006

Liked Posts:

Do you understand the rebuilding process? In the process, the team improves. The cubs did not improve, and the 4th pick and Corey Black are supposed to be the consolation? Great--maybe your retirement plan is lottery tickets, but some of us choose to use our brains.

Oh, and successful MLB players do come after the 4th pick in the draft.....thought you may want to be clued in on that.

As good of a hitter as we think Sori is, he gets cold. Thanks genius. How quick of me to forget Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera never have cold streaks or 0-5 days with 3 strikeouts.....or as Anthony Rizzo calls them--3 normal days a week.

Wait--

The cubs flopped majorly on this one, unless this kid turns into the next Justin Verlander. Hey, you got a chance to win the lottery......

patg006

Liked Posts:
Wow 2 games is such a great sample size! Congrats, that's the very definition of cherry picking statistics. What was the point of bringing this up? We all know he goes through hot and cold streaks, I'll let you know when he goes hitless for a week. I swear, some of you guys on this board thrive on negativity.

Sorry, some of us would like to win sometime in the next decade, and have enough baseball knowledge to know the current route the cubs are taking isnt as successful as everyone thinks it is based on history of dozens of teams trying and over extended periods of time.....failing fucking miserably.