per yahoo sports

Bye Ben :(

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Bulls were just losing too much money to be able to sign him

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
I guess the deal is 11 million per year. Yeah no thanks. See ya Ben.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
The first year we would of been paying Ben 25 million just to say

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye Ben...it's been great.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
This isin't about Ben, this is about our awful management. I have NEVER seen a managment handle a deal more unprofessionally and disgusting. Ben Gordon just signed with Detroit for an extra $1 million then what we had offered him previously. If the Bulls didnt go out and give Deng such a RIDICULOUS contract, they could of easily had both. But they acted like idiots, gave Deng all the attention (even having Reisdorf personally involved), paid no attention to Ben until the end of the off-season, then low balled him.

If the Bulls had ever really wanted to sign Gordon, they would of at least ACTED like they gave a crap about him last offseason. They made it look to fans like they cared about Ben, but they could of given a crap about him, or the fans.

Our team will suffer because of this. I hope managment and all you Gordon haters out there are happy. We can show the best Bull since Jordan our respects when he visits.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Mark you should probably check on Fred to see if he's doing ok. I agree that this sucks, but I can understand why they didn't do it. Basically what Sam told me is that there were scared it wouldn't allow them to acquire superstar like Bosh

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
I can't believe Ben Gordon is so fake, that he would consider a rival in our division. I'm glad we did draft Jame Johnson because he will have to play SG somewhere during the duration of next season. One name: Rudy Fernandez. Get it done Gar Forman!

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
This isin't about Ben, this is about our awful management. I have NEVER seen a managment handle a deal more unprofessionally and disgusting. Ben Gordon just signed with Detroit for an extra $1 million then what we had offered him previously. If the Bulls didnt go out and give Deng such a RIDICULOUS contract, they could of easily had both. But they acted like idiots, gave Deng all the attention (even having Reisdorf personally involved), paid no attention to Ben until the end of the off-season, then low balled him.

If the Bulls had ever really wanted to sign Gordon, they would of at least ACTED like they gave a crap about him last offseason. They made it look to fans like they cared about Ben, but they could of given a crap about him, or the fans.

Our team will suffer because of this. I hope managment and all you Gordon haters out there are happy. We can show the best Bull since Jordan our respects when he visits.

Last year, the Bulls offered Gordon way more money than any one else. I'm not sure he even had a competitive offer on the table. I thought the deal was completely fair. Ben had every right not to take it, but the Bulls had every right to insist he make up his mind after 2 full months of consideration.

Both sides made mistakes that led to this. Management is obviously accountable for certain things, but so is Ben.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
We can show the best Bull since Jordan our respects when he visits.

So you're expecting Brand to be uninjured for when the Sixers come to Chicago? ;)

Lets wait and see what the contract ends up being, the initial reports are often just people making up numbers. Gordon isn't such a great player that you overpay to keep him, if it turns out the Pistons overpaid to obtain him then sometimes the right thing is to just let a guy walk.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Just think out that payroll in couple of years. That's has to be close to 90 million

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Just think out that payroll in couple of years. That's has to be close to 90 million

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
The reactions on RealGM are hilarious.
"I'm thinking about leaving the Bulls organization"
"Time for the Lottery Watch thread"
"35 wins next season"

One of the few good things about Gordon leaving. lol

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Go check out the Pistons forum there freaking out they got him

Kush77

Liked Posts:
This is all the fault of Bulls' management. They're a joke. I don't understand how you let the best player on your team the last 5 years walk away for nothing.

Money is not an excuse. Fans need to stop buying into that b.s. the Bulls are a profitable franchise despite the bad economy. That's b.s.. If uncle Jerry was doing so bas he wouldn't be investing in an NHL franchise that's currently in bankruptcy. This is a joke.

The Bulls are dumb for pulling the deal off the table last season. Nice work Jerry and Pax, that worked well :angry: You really showed BG who's boss.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the great Kirk Hinrich guard BG. We'll get to see it at least 4 times.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
It was only a mater of time,nice cheering for u Ben..Now Gar go find us a sg that can shoot/defend to be our fourth gaurd..

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Money is not an excuse.

Yes, yes it is. If we were under the cap by $20 million it'd still be stupid to overpay somebody. You have real trouble trading guys who are overpaid because even if your team doesn't care about money, about 80% of teams in the league care a hell of a lot, and even the rest have their limits.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
So the new over under question should be will we be drafting a 5-10 pick or 10-15 pick next year. We certainly won't make the postseason now. JR, go shove a dollar up your @ss you greedy b@stard.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Last year, the Bulls offered Gordon way more money than any one else. I'm not sure he even had a competitive offer on the table. I thought the deal was completely fair. Ben had every right not to take it, but the Bulls had every right to insist he make up his mind after 2 full months of consideration.

Both sides made mistakes that led to this. Management is obviously accountable for certain things, but so is Ben.

Very well said, one side is not culpable in any breakdowns. They offered him good contracts 2 years straight, he turned down one and hesitated past the deadline on the other.

I don't understand...if you are a Bulls fan, are you rooting for BG to handle Hinrich or the other way? I have said over and over that if the Bulls sign BG, I would root for him to hit every shot he took, to be all-league defense, to be an all-star, to prove me wrong if that helps the Bulls. If you want BG to score 50 on the Bulls just so you can be proven right, I question your loyalty to the Bulls.