Gordon agrees in principle to deal with Pistons

engies

Liked Posts:
Disgusting that JR let this happen. Considering we could've had him at 9 million a year & they screwed it coz he happened to go over some deadline they had set

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
ZombieKevie wrote:
neither gordon nor hamilton are good on at pg

Neither was Billups before he came to Detroit.

Billups was more of a point guard than Gordon or Hamilton though. I just can't see Gordon as a PG working out on a team that doesn't feature someone like Wade/Kobe/Lebron who plays the distributor role.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
I think Detroit starts both Gordon and Hamilton.

what about Stuckey?

Maybe they trade him, otherwise bring him off the bench. Stuckey hasn't been very good as a starter, but he might be able to flourish in a Microwave role.
Common seriously, Rip is gone. There are so many bigs available, I can't see a deal not getting done.

4 years for an aging star who still thinks he is a star player (look out how well AI worked out)
Its not a bad deal and he plays well on a contender without having to be a star. I could easily see him fitting in on a bunch of teams.

Liked Posts:
Thanks to Bulls management the Pistons are back and they've got a chip on their shoulder.

Now that they have Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva they have to be one of the favorites, possibly even the team to come out of the east for the next few years.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i don't think so, charlie v in my opinion is overrated. i don't even know if charlie v+BG=chauncey+mcdyess+having to deal with AI

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
i don't think so, charlie v in my opinion is overrated. i don't even know if charlie v+BG=chauncey+mcdyess+having to deal with AI

I actually agree about Charlie V. Not a difference maker. The players they lost in their frontcourt were actually better in my opinion.

Detroit are no where near the top teams in the league and this might be Dumars green mile walk...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

I actually agree about Charlie V. Not a difference maker. The players they lost in their frontcourt were actually better in my opinion.

Detroit are no where near the top teams in the league and this might be Dumars green mile walk...
Players? You keep saying they lost players, who did they lose? Sheed and McDyess did not sign anywhere else yet so how are they lost? I am sure Joe D has their phone numbers and addresses and can find them. Sheed will probably leave but he is 34 and declining fast, he also played very uninterested last year and shot half his shots as threes. McDyess, took a buyout for less and came back to the pistons for the minimum so he fully has the intent on resigning and I think they waived Oberto to have room to give him money. Charlie V is also going to be better than Sheed going forward.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
Thanks to Bulls management the Pistons are back and they've got a chip on their shoulder.

Now that they have Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva they have to be one of the favorites, possibly even the team to come out of the east for the next few years.

Wow. No, just no. The Pistons are an absolute mess now with no cap space. They have 5 SGs (Stuckey is not a PG n I'll hear nothing arguing against that), 3 SF's, & 2 PFs.

Check out who's under contract now:
Rip, BG, Charlie V, Prince, Stuckey, Maxiell, Kwame, Afflalo, Acker, & rookie Daye. This team is so vanilla its unbelievable. All the SF's are the same, long perimeter players. All the SG's are the same, spot-up jump shooters & slashers. The only guy who isn't like everyone else is Maxiell, he's their only bruiser on a team that phsyical play has been a staple for years. This is not the make up of a championship caliber team. And their D just got a whole lot worse because well we all no BG is the worst defender to ever set foot in the NBA & Charlie V is atrocious on D.

I'm sure Dumars has something else up his sleeve, maybe a deal for a legitimate PG for Rip, but as currently constructed, Dumars has turned the Pistons into a 5-8th seed for the next 4-5yrs & nothing more.

Liked Posts:
You know what? Now that he's in Detroit and since most of their other scoring options are gone we're going to see a complete resurgance in Ben Gordon next season. With that offense and him coming into his prime the next few years Ben will average 30 points a game and become a top 10 player in the league.

As much as i hated seeing him go this was for the best for him.

He was Rodney Dangerfield in Chi Town.

No respect. No respect...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
With that offense and him coming into his prime the next few years Ben will average 30 points a game and becoming a top 10 player in the league.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Players? You keep saying they lost players, who did they lose? Sheed and McDyess did not sign anywhere else yet so how are they lost? I am sure Joe D has their phone numbers and addresses and can find them. Sheed will probably leave but he is 34 and declining fast, he also played very uninterested last year and shot half his shots as threes. McDyess, took a buyout for less and came back to the pistons for the minimum so he fully has the intent on resigning and I think they waived Oberto to have room to give him money. Charlie V is also going to be better than Sheed going forward.

Rasheed does not want to come back to Detroit, they are a mess. He wants to win a championship, same with McDyess, that is the only reason they are playing...

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
With that offense and him coming into his prime the next few years Ben will average 30 points a game and becoming a top 10 player in the league.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alright, you're laughing today but in 6 or 7 months we'll check back on this post.

I have a feeling I'll be the one laughing then.