Greg Gabriel says it isn't a debate. Bears are trading the 1.01.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No it's not hard to believe but Gabriel has been so wrong about everything else the last 5 years that it's obvious his sources have dried up long ago.

Not wrong, although he was wrong about so much even when he WAS in the NFL that he might still know people, and being wrong is just his "thing". :ROFLMAO:

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
No it's not hard to believe but Gabriel has been so wrong about everything else the last 5 years that it's obvious his sources have dried up long ago.
I think his opinions have been wrong in the past, but him reporting on what he is being told has been correct for the most part.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think his opinions have been wrong in the past, but him reporting on what he is being told has been correct for the most part.
I don't even know anymore because Gabriel blocked me a long time ago for calling him out for Shea McClellin.

That was a fun one. Hey Greg why did the Bears pass on Terrell Suggs? Greg's answer :He played primarily linebacker in college and we scouted him as a 3-4 olb only. (Suggs played all of a handful of downs at LB at Arizona State I know I watched every one of his home games in person and every road game he played on TV he played DE his entire career)

Hey Greg why did the Bears draft Shea McClellin?

His answer Shea is big enough to play DE in the scheme despite being smaller than Suggs and playing primarily linebacker in college.

So you had a Director of College scouting who didn't know what position Terrell Suggs actually played in college based on multiple conversations I had with him who then blocked me for calling him out for not knowing.

Last edited:

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I don't even know anymore because Gabriel blocked me a long time ago for calling him out for Shea McClellin.

That was a fun one. Hey Greg why did the Bears pass on Terrell Suggs? Greg's answer :He played primarily linebacker in college and we scouted him as a 3-4 olb only. (Suggs played all of a handful of downs at DE at Arizona State I know I watched every one of his home games in person and every road game he played on TV)

His answer Shea is big enough to play DE in the scheme despite being smaller than Suggs and playing primarily linebacker in college.

So you had a Director of College scouting who didn't know what position Terrell Suggs actually played in college based on multiple conversations I had with him who then blocked me for calling him out for not knowing.
As a former political journalist I know what it is like to have people on Twitter question everything you say or do, lol.

mbison

Liked Posts:
During the game Gabriel claimed on Twitter that he is 100% positive the Bears have already decided to trade the pick. He has connections on the team still in the scouting department so I assume this means the team feels Fields is currently better than what is in the draft.

90 percent of other “experts” are leaning the other way. I’d like to see how Fields plays against Green Bay to determine if he has what it takes to be a franchise QB. He hasn’t don’t anything special yet besides prove he’s a good running back. I’d like to see performance well against another decent QB

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
90 percent of other “experts” are leaning the other way. I’d like to see how Fields plays against Green Bay to determine if he has what it takes to be a franchise QB. He hasn’t don’t anything special yet besides prove he’s a good running back. I’d like to see performance well against another decent QB
What experts? I think the opposite is being said, lol. Mostly NFL people saying the Bears would be dumb to move on from Fields.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What experts? I think the opposite is being said, lol. Mostly NFL people saying the Bears would be dumb to move on from Fields.
You keep saying this but it's not accurate. There's been multiple current and former gms who have said the opposite

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As a former political journalist I know what it is like to have people on Twitter question everything you say or do, lol.
Yeah but Greg Gabriel's job is to know what position a guy plays in college. Saying Suggs played linebacker when he won awards for playing on the defensive line and was a unanimous All American at DE is just sheer incompetence.

Suggs was a Top-5 talent at Arizona State he wasn't a late round gem. If he doesn't know THAT he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You keep saying this but it's not accurate. There's been multiple current and former gms who have said the opposite
How quickly people forget the Charles Robinson story, where he had to get to 10 GMs before he found one saying they would keep Justin Fields: Bears trading Justin Fields? GMs explain why it’s the best route and where compensation could land

I'm not saying they're definitely moving on from Fields, but at this point, it seems pretty clear that most people would. That doesn't necessarily mean Poles will, obviously.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I understand you don’t like your QBs to be mobile but stop being disingenuous, Fields makes up some short comings with his legs and no the falcons game wasn’t his peak performance so stop with that too
His mobility has been slowed down immensely this year. Teams game plan for it and slow him and then stop him in critical situations. Especially the fourth quarter.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That was a fun one. Hey Greg why did the Bears pass on Terrell Suggs? Greg's answer :He played primarily linebacker in college and we scouted him as a 3-4 olb only. (Suggs played all of a handful of downs at LB at Arizona State I know I watched every one of his home games in person and every road game he played on TV he played DE his entire career)

Shocked he didn’t just look at your history of whiffs and fire back

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His mobility has been slowed down immensely this year. Teams game plan for it and slow him and then stop him in critical situations. Especially the fourth quarter.
Incorrect, he himself said he planned on playing from the pocket more often. While teams are spying him most of the time he can usually blow past that spy. Fields is usually one of the best athletes on the field

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Incorrect, he himself said he planned on playing from the pocket more often. While teams are spying him most of the time he can usually blow past that spy. Fields is usually one of the best athletes on the field
Athletes we're talking about athletes.... This is getting old.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I am not concerned about GM's. I am concerned about what the players think, who play against him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Greg does not have any sources. He's said as much several times on different football podcasts. He speculates and sometimes speaks in absolutes.

This is much to do about nothing.

Does anyone actually believe that Ryan Poles and the front office would let Greg Gabriel of all people leak information? Seriously. That's like using snail mail to to your message out. Poles has used nothing but people hired by ESPN to put his information out there since being here.

Totes not surprised MJY is sipping on his conspiracy theory slurpy over this

Last edited: