Harry Hiestand to the Bears

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the name that Leming sent me at noon.

He was all over this one.

It appears Leming, DaBearsBlog guy, and Moon all have the same source with the Bears :thinking::thinking::thinking:

AussieBear

It appears Leming, DaBearsBlog guy, and Moon all have the same source with the Bears :thinking::thinking::thinking:

i can fo show say that aaron retweet lemmings source would be retweeting bearsblog or moon etc

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is a big hire for the Bears. OL coach is a big hire for any team, but it is an even bigger deal fro for a team with a young QB.

Hiestand is a very good coach. Look at the dudes that Notre Dame has produced on the OL in the last 5 years.

When Fangio is announced Nagy will have come out and landed 2 great names for the staff.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a big hire for the Bears. OL coach is a big hire for any team, but it is an even bigger deal fro for a team with a young QB.

Hiestand is a very good coach. Look at the dudes that Notre Dame has produced on the OL in the last 5 years.

When Fangio is announced Nagy will have come out and landed 2 great names for the staff.
is it a product of recruiting or coaching though?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Hope not since the Bears have the better Oline.

DSyXdElV4AA-xGE

I wonder what a healthy Oline and an upgrade at RT Will do.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Outstanding hire. Man, the Bears line is going to be good. Loved this guy when he was with the Bears and the OL has produced at Notre Dame is impressive. Great start for Nagy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
is it a product of recruiting or coaching though?

In college you get a bunch of fat 18 year olds, coaching has a huge impact. OL is also such a technically specific position that coaching has more of an impact there than anywhere.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Helfrich would be a solid OC. Former QB, innovative, aggressive. Exactly what the Bears offense hasn't been, like, ever.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awesome hire. Glad to see him back.

Despite my want for a #1 WR for Mitch, I am slowly warming up to OL in the 1st Rnd as long as its not some stupid reach. Looks like there is 2-3 first round potential stud OL in this class that could be had by Bears.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mike Golic@espngolic
7m7 minutes ago
Bears signing OL coach Harry Hiestand to their staff is a huge win, he is one of the best OL coaches I’ve seen in my years around college and the NFL. On the other side, it’s a huge loss for the ND coaching staff.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
And less predictable play calling.

It's like everyone has already forgotten about this. Yes, of course the line could use an upgrade at RT and a healthy Kyle Long, but the play calling really set the line up for failure. Also, even the injured Bear O line was nowhere near as bad as the Seattle Seahawks line, or the line when Cutty got to the bears. It could use an upgrade but its nowhere near as bad as some people are making it out to be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mark Helfrich would be awesome.

Different style and voice, but a ton of play calling and head coaching experience.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playcalling has as much to do with pressure as anything else....also, getting the fucking WRs to turn their heads on a blitz.....that would help.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mike Mayock
@MikeMayock
·
1h
Have been around a lot of coaches in my life and Harry Hiestand is outstanding....he buys into his OL and they buy into him...great teacher, demands a lot but he is a difference maker...ND’s loss is Bear’s gain....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hiestand was hired on January 11, 2005 as Chicago’s offensive line coach. The Bears were one of six teams to have the same five offensive linemen start all 16 games in 2008 (C Olin Kreutz, LG Josh Beekman, RG Roberto Garza, LT John St. Clair and RT John Tait), marking the first time since 2001 that Chicago had the same five players start all 16 contests along the line.

The offensive line would become the most experienced unit on the Bears roster over the next couple of years, led by 11-year veteran and six-time Pro Bowl C Olin Kreutz, who entered the 2009 season having started a team-high 102 consecutive games.

In 2008, Chicago’s offense attempted 557 pass plays and absorbed 29 sacks. In 2006, the Bears attempted 539 pass plays and allowed just 25 sacks, the lowest total given up by the team since allowing 17 in 2001, as Chicago went on to win the 2006 NFC Championship leading to the organization’s first Super Bowl appearance in 21 years.

I’m fascinated by the potential here. Imagine what he could do with guys like Leno and Massie after he coaches them up. He could elevate Kyle Long into elite status. Jordan Morgan is in good hands.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Hiestand was always known for not giving rookies a chance, he was comfy with vets. hopefully he changed his ways a bit.

Where/when did you here this? He’s only coached for one team in the NFL and that was with Chicago during a time that no Oline talent was draft. Beekman may have been the only talent and he was out of the league in 3 years.