Harry Hiestand to the Bears

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Very good signing for the development of Trubisky

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kreutz on twitter also praised Harry but admitted he's clearly biased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
1m1 minute ago
There was no chance Harry Heistand was staying at ND. There were at least 3 other clubs besides Bears going after him. Bears did a great recruiting job

Yep, and we're at least two weeks from the Bears hiring a HC.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Would provide the best insight into Q. Nelson and M. McGlinchey. All scouts are pretty unanimous that Nelson has a good chance to be a perennial All-Pro. McGlinchey is the one with more questions about whether he can be a franchise T.

I think there are 4 blue-chip guys (all non-QBs): B. Chubb, S. Barkley, M. Fitzpatrick, and Q. Nelson. If 4 QBs go before us, 1 of them will fall to us, and we should grab whoever it is.

For me, its Nelson over C. Ridley all day. Nelson + a 2nd or 3rd round WR will have a bigger impact than C. Ridley + a 2nd or 3rd round OLman.

Leno-Nelson-Whitehair-Long-Massie/FA/Draft pick... would protect Trubs and would help to elevate the offense.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
The Bears were one of six teams to have the same five offensive linemen start all 16 games in 2008 (C Olin Kreutz, LG Josh Beekman, RG Roberto Garza, LT John St. Clair and RT John Tait)

Man, that brings me back...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Just checked, J'Taco is a FA.

Trade down an get OT Mike McGlinchey while adding draft picks

Odd how I say, "If a star LT falls to us at 8". Others say to trade down to get a star LT.

I guess my draft strategy sucks and I should trade down to get all the stars.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would provide the best insight into Q. Nelson and M. McGlinchey. All scouts are pretty unanimous that Nelson has a good chance to be a perennial All-Pro. McGlinchey is the one with more questions about whether he can be a franchise T.

I think there are 4 blue-chip guys (all non-QBs): B. Chubb, S. Barkley, M. Fitzpatrick, and Q. Nelson. If 4 QBs go before us, 1 of them will fall to us, and we should grab whoever it is.

For me, its Nelson over C. Ridley all day. Nelson + a 2nd or 3rd round WR will have a bigger impact than C. Ridley + a 2nd or 3rd round OLman.

Leno-Nelson-Whitehair-Long-Massie/FA/Draft pick... would protect Trubs and would help to elevate the offense.

Dude, that’s like giving a genius the answers to a test. The bears hired this guy to coach up and elevate the players we have and transform mediocre talent into starters. I could probably coach Quenton Nelson at this point.

Mike Munchak is probably the best offensive line coach in the NFL. His starter at LG is undrafted, his starter at C is a 5th round pick, and his starter at RG is undrafted. The Bears already have a 1st rounder at RG and a 2nd rounder at C, a top 10 guard at LG, and now we wanna draft another interior lineman with a top 10 pick? :obama:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Dude, that’s like giving a genius the answers to a test. The bears hired this guy to coach up and elevate the players we have and transform mediocre talent into starters. I could probably coach Quenton Nelson at this point.

Mike Munchak is probably the best offensive line coach in the NFL. His starter at LG is undrafted, his starter at C is a 5th round pick, and his starter at RG is undrafted. The Bears already have a 1st rounder at RG and a 2nd rounder at C, a top 10 guard at LG, and now we wanna draft another interior lineman with a top 10 pick? :obama:

I'm OK with stacking the deck for my genius. Everyone is OK with Belichek stacking his deck and he's supposed to be a genius.

I'm OK with drafting oline. They've been a freakin' sieve at times. I don't know if a different coach is going to fix the problem.