Has there been a more drastic Fall from Grace then that of Eddie Jackson?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuller was always physical in the run game as well. Great tackler

Which would be great IF HE WASN'T A FUCKING CORNERBACK.

You know - the guys who are supposed to defend the PASS. ;)

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I'm trying to think of anybody who played the lights out for 2 to 3 years and then suddenly sucked ass after and never got their mojo back.

You might get a one year flash in the pan, but my God, EJax without fangio is nothing....
Yeah its unreal. He is absolutely atrocious!

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Coaching had a lot to do also in this game.... Desai must do better or needs to get demoted... 1st game and all but man they looked unprepared.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Coaching had a lot to do also in this game.... Desai must do better or needs to get demoted... 1st game and all but man they looked unprepared.
I think he might be in over his head, but we'll see how the rest of the year goes. Unfortunately, the Bears didn't have a lot of options for DC, because nobody who was worth anything would want to come into a situation with a coach with as little job security as Matt Nagy. They were almost forced to make a move internally.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
#23 shouldn't be on the field Eddie and gipson need to wake the fuck up

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Roquan was yelling at the secondary after a Higbee catch. There was some terrible miscommunication going on. No defensive play call allows for guys to get that open. Players need to be held accountable.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way this guy is there in the second round, but the Bears scouts were probably salivating over this guy:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No way this guy is there in the second round, but the Bears scouts were probably salivating over this guy:
He played like shit against Toledo

jive

Liked Posts:
There's just a lack of accountability with this guy. There were numerous times he should have been benched last season, yet he wasn't. The Rams game had multiple times where he should have ridden the pine in favor of Bush or DHC. After the Jefferson touchdown, he should have been benched. After the breakdown on the Kupp TD or the big Higbee play, he should have been benched. His job is to prevent the big play, and he failed spectacularly. He wiffed on the tackles, most memorably the one that allowed Kupp to convert a 3rd and 9. How much worse could Bush or DHC have been?

I think he could probably learn from riding the pine for a while.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson has played football for Nick Saban, Vic Fangio, Chuck Pagano and now Sean Desai. This is who he is and he is not going to change. Unfortunately the Bears are stuck with him.

1631548899014.png

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You don’t extend safeties to record deals. Only exceptions that I might make would be Ed reed troy palamu and Jamal adams. And even then I would think twice.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jackson has played football for Nick Saban, Vic Fangio, Chuck Pagano and now Sean Desai. This is who he is and he is not going to change. Unfortunately the Bears are stuck with him.

View attachment 13923
Yup. I have a dead cap breakdown thread on the first page, but in it, you really can't get rid of Jackson until 2023 at the earliest.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The defense is basically allowed to lounge around all off season

Montucky

Liked Posts:

View attachment 13923
The new GM is going to be absolutely fine with eating all the dead money in the world to get rid of this shit.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think he’s delusional and truly believes he’s saving his body for his next big contract.