Have the last few weeks vindicated Pace?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This offense has not looked nearly as talentless once Lazor installed his offense. And while this has been accomplished against weaker opponents, that is exactly what you are supposed to do to weak opponents.. hang 30-40 points on them.

-The patchwork O-line is run blocking fairly nicely, with practice squad Mustipher and free agent Ifedi playing well. With 2 starters on injured reserve, this unit is run blocking well. Maybe it wasn't as horrible as everybody thought it was. Add a healthy Daniels next year and upgrade Leno and that could be a solid OL.

-Monty is 4th in the league in all purpose yards for a RB. That's excellent for a 3rd round pick. He has done a fantastic job the last few weeks after finally getting a little help with the playcalling and OL.

-WR group? A-Rob is a stud, we all know that. Mooney, right now he has the 7th highest receiving yards for a rookie, even though he was the 25th WR selected. Graham has more TDs this year than in the last 2 combined with Green Bay. All this while having to play half a season with Foles and 3/4 of a season with Nagy calling plays. Wow.

-Mitch. Sitting at 17th in the league in QBR at 95.3. Probably could have squeaked out at least one more win if Nagy wouldn't have put Foles and his stellar 80.8 QBR in.

Its too bad our defense is playing without our nose tackle and with our 3 pass rushers banged up. I think we would have a chance if those guys were healthy. Tons of respect for Mack and Hicks who have suited up clearly not at 100%. Give me this offense, and that early season defense that kept the Bucs and the Colts to less than 20 points, and I would give this team a shot to do some damage.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The talent on this team vs 5 yrs ago is noticeable. Pace’s worst move so far is hiring Nagy and not forcing him to give up play calling duties earlier.

I've mentioned it before, but I always get called out for being a "homer".

Pace, compared to his peers, has done a good job in the draft and FA.

His main misses, and why he deserved to be fired before this recent streak, was because he missed on mitch and hired nagy.

Now that the team is playing better, he obviously stays.

The guy has been as good as any GM in the league from day 2 on. Sure, he's been terrible in the first round, but has he really? If floyd keeps up his good play that would be 2/4 hits. That goes with league average.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They have beat some bad teams. Big whoop.

It's about player development, not who they beat.

We've all been watching the bears for a while. We usually can't score even against bad teams. This offense finally has shown it has talent. That talent didn't just come out of thin air, it's a product of ryan pace draft picks and UDFA pickups.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Kmet, Mooney, Monty all look like they will be studs in this league.

Arob is a top 10 WR in this league and pace got him here when the bears had no one signing with us.

The meatballs on here shit on the Graham signing, but he's done exactly what he was brought in to do. 500/8tds is a great amount of production compared to the shitshow we had last year.

Mustipher/Bars came here as UDFA's and it looks like at the very least mustipher will be our starting center going forward

Ifedi has been a pretty good FA acquisition and has outplayed massie at RT.

Some people set their standards way too high for a GM of a football team. The majority of them make more misses than hits.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL that's called coaching. How's mega millionaire Chase Daniles, Mike Glennon and Nick Foles doing for old cunt face?

Except one of the guys evaluated the talent and brought them here. Monty, mooney, kmet, etc. were all pace picks. If people shit on him for his bad picks you need to praise his excellent finds.

Foles was a nagy pick, btw. Chase Daniels is a backup so not sure why you brought him up. Glennon was really the only QB available in 2017 FA that wasn't old and busted, not sure why people always bring him up.

People wanted cutler gone, so who did you want us to sign? lol. Glennon was the biggest unknown in that FA class.

Kinda like nowadays where people want mitch gone but have no answers on who they want to replace him. Newsflash, there aint no one. Can't blame the GM when he's trying to pick out ugly chicks at last call.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Why is Aaron Rodgers so fucking good? Could it be that he has a ROCK SOLID O LINE IN FRONT OF HIM?
you want to know what gm failure looks like? There it is.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

His main misses, and why he deserved to be fired before this recent streak, was because he missed on mitch and hired nagy.

The guy has been as good as any GM in the league from day 2 on. Sure, he's been terrible in the first round, but has he really? If floyd keeps up his good play that would be 2/4 hits. That goes with league average.
They key is, can he continue to improve the team from here, or has he hit his ceiling as a GM?

It’s one thing to take a dumpster fire and make it respectable. Quite another to take respectable and make it elite...and them keep it there.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monty, mooney, kmet, etc. were all pace picks. If people shit on him for his bad picks you need to praise his excellent finds.
who's etc.? I don't shit on him for his drafting, I shit on him for his boneheaded free agency moves, contract extensions and general cap malpractice. He's a fucking moron. The only thing I bring up in regards to drafting is how he trades away draft picks like we have this plethora of picks to begin with, and his neglect at the tackle position.

So you're telling me at Halas Hall that they have some fucking flow chart for player personnel decisions lol? IF player X is a UDFA goto Pace. IF player is a trade (with a draft pick) that fails, goto Nagy.

Makes sense.

drewten

Liked Posts:
I go back in forth with Pace

His misses have been really bad while some of his hits have been superior. It's just difficult to grade a gm based on draft picks at the start of their respective careers. His trading away picks especially for someone who is arguably better than average at drafting is the most worrisome to me.

Does anyone have a resource or metric that designates the value of a pick based on the order in the draft? I would like to see the average number of pro bowls/years played for picks 1-5,5-10,10-15 etc....

I would believe Pace's record would be highly favorable in this category.

It's difficult to know all the cat and mouse that goes on with free agency and the luck involved with positional need vs. availability (supply and demand)

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
This offense has not looked nearly as talentless once Lazor installed his offense. And while this has been accomplished against weaker opponents, that is exactly what you are supposed to do to weak opponents.. hang 30-40 points on them.

-The patchwork O-line is run blocking fairly nicely, with practice squad Mustipher and free agent Ifedi playing well. With 2 starters on injured reserve, this unit is run blocking well. Maybe it wasn't as horrible as everybody thought it was. Add a healthy Daniels next year and upgrade Leno and that could be a solid OL.

-Monty is 4th in the league in all purpose yards for a RB. That's excellent for a 3rd round pick. He has done a fantastic job the last few weeks after finally getting a little help with the playcalling and OL.

-WR group? A-Rob is a stud, we all know that. Mooney, right now he has the 7th highest receiving yards for a rookie, even though he was the 25th WR selected. Graham has more TDs this year than in the last 2 combined with Green Bay. All this while having to play half a season with Foles and 3/4 of a season with Nagy calling plays. Wow.

-Mitch. Sitting at 17th in the league in QBR at 95.3. Probably could have squeaked out at least one more win if Nagy wouldn't have put Foles and his stellar 80.8 QBR in.

Its too bad our defense is playing without our nose tackle and with our 3 pass rushers banged up. I think we would have a chance if those guys were healthy. Tons of respect for Mack and Hicks who have suited up clearly not at 100%. Give me this offense, and that early season defense that kept the Bucs and the Colts to less than 20 points, and I would give this team a shot to do some damage.

One word: NO!!!!!!!

Performing against shitty teams only means you are an average team. Let's see results and stats against good teams. A nice litmus test coming this Sunday.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:

I would agree.

Pace's biggest flaws were the hiring of Nagy and the drafting of Mitch.

But if you compare the team now to when Angelo left or when Emery left, this team does have talent on it. you do have a young core on both sides of the ball you can build around. And Pace has been getting better and better every year.

I am okay at this point with one more year of evaluation on everybody

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Kmet, Mooney, Monty all look like they will be studs in this league.

Arob is a top 10 WR in this league and pace got him here when the bears had no one signing with us.

The meatballs on here shit on the Graham signing, but he's done exactly what he was brought in to do. 500/8tds is a great amount of production compared to the shitshow we had last year.

Mustipher/Bars came here as UDFA's and it looks like at the very least mustipher will be our starting center going forward

Ifedi has been a pretty good FA acquisition and has outplayed massie at RT.

Some people set their standards way too high for a GM of a football team. The majority of them make more misses than hits.
What people? Who are you talking about?

Kmet looks like a stud? what'd he have one catch before halftime when the Jags were so far off the god damn ball it wasn't even qualified to call it a quarters defense? That guy?

Pace is great day two? How about day one? Now he gets props for Floyd because he is good for some other team? Maybe that's more of an indictment on the coach that Pace picked? Pace doing the pucking there.

The oline is garbage. Right now, it's a polished turd.

ImSure

Liked Posts:
They have beat some bad teams. Big whoop.
the Packers are better than us but, interestingly, here are the powerhouses that they've beat in three of the last four weeks...

Philly
Detroit
Carolina

This year they also beat...

San Fran
Jacksonville
Minn
Houston
Atlanta
Detroit

And lost to...

Minn

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy should be shit canned ... All the talent that is on the field now has been there the whole season... His lack of evaluation, insisting on calling plays, and shit predictable offense has cost 2 seasons.
If you hadn’t noticed the rest of the league has figured out the Nagy/Peterson play calling last season...