Have the last few weeks vindicated Pace?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is Aaron Rodgers so fucking good? Could it be that he has a ROCK SOLID O LINE IN FRONT OF HIM?
you want to know what gm failure looks like? There it is.
That and they get away with a crap ton of holding that doesn't get called.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So the Glennon and Parky signings were good in your opinion?
You like payin' Quinn a shit load?
Do you draft MT over Mahomes and Watson.......this alone is a fileable offense!
Is Foles the QB of the future? He's paid like it.

Those signings didn't turn out to be good but it's easy for people on here to act like the smart people because we can use hindsight which obviously can't be used at the time of the signings.

C.Parkey was coming off of a good season in Miami where he hit 90+% of his field goals.
Glennon actually played well when he played in Tampa but Pace still way overpaid for him.
R.Quinn was also coming off of a good year.
Most "draft experts" had Trubisky as the #1 QB in that draft and NODOBY and i mean NOBODY knew Mahomes was gonna be what he's become and the Watson thing was because of his injury history which you can't really fault a GM for being careful but i'm sure if he could go back knowing what he knows now he would take that chance with Watson over Trubs.

Now people can can say what they always do which is absolutely stupid by saying Ryan Pace is a GM and is supposed to know what these guys are gonna do.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This team has the offensive talent to beat bad teams.
That does not vindicate Pace. That shows how bad some of his moves have been.

Damn Windy. You really hate Pace. Not all teams are going to be Kansas City. The Steelers and the Colts are top 10 defensive units and will make the playoffs just fine.

You can be upset that he didn't build an offensive powerhouse or that the Bears don't play the type of football that you enjoy.. but that doesn't make him a bad GM.

Pace built a good roster but hired the wrong head coach.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those signings didn't turn out to be good but it's easy for people on here to act like the smart people because we can use hindsight which obviously can't be used at the time of the signings.

C.Parkey was coming off of a good season in Miami where he hit 90+% of his field goals.
Glennon actually played well when he played in Tampa but Pace still way overpaid for him.
R.Quinn was also coming off of a good year.
Most "draft experts" had Trubisky as the #1 QB in that draft and NODOBY and i mean NOBODY knew Mahomes was gonna be what he's become and the Watson thing was because of his injury history which you can't really fault a GM for being careful but i'm sure if he could go back knowing what he knows now he would take that chance with Watson over Trubs.

Now people can can say what they always do which is absolutely stupid by saying Ryan Pace is a GM and is supposed to know what these guys are gonna do.
Forecasting what a draft pick will do in the NFL is a GM's job. Can you provide a link showing MT as the top rated QB in his draft and why ya gotta go the stupid route? Pace has been average at best and you don't have to be smart to see that.
We'll see two 8 and 8 seasons after one good one and that's regression....plain and simple.....even stupid people see that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Damn Windy. You really hate Pace. Not all teams are going to be Kansas City. The Steelers and the Colts are top 10 defensive units and will make the playoffs just fine.

You can be upset that he didn't build an offensive powerhouse or that the Bears don't play the type of football that you enjoy.. but that doesn't make him a bad GM.

Pace built a good roster but hired the wrong head coach.

It seems like Pace's two biggest mistakes are the two that kept us from being not only a playoff team but a team that can make some noise in the playoffs which is obviously QB and Nagy. But now maybe hiring Nagy as the HC wasn't the problem and the problem was Nagy wanting to not just be the HC but also the play caller. With a good QB this team is definitely a playoff team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Forecasting what a draft pick will do in the NFL is a GM's job. Can you provide a link showing MT as the top rated QB in his draft and why ya gotta go the stupid route? Pace has been average at best and you don't have to be smart to see that.
We'll see two 8 and 8 seasons after one good one and that's regression....plain and simple.....even stupid people see that.

Okay

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I understand the frustration with refs protecting Rodgers, but some here are starting to sound a little like Detroit fans....

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But now maybe hiring Nagy as the HC wasn't the problem and the problem was Nagy wanting to not just be the HC but also the play caller.

For the most part, head coaches usually control one side of the ball. Some call the plays, but they usually heavily contribute to one side of the ball and pass the other off to the opposite coordinator.

Nagy hasn't heavily contibuted to the offense, he has just been in the way and fucked it up. Not only with playcalling but also with personnel at QB, WR and at OL. All to run his stupid Kansas City scheme he has wanted to run since day one which never worked.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
What Pace needs to do in this draft is get that alpha WR ..... we need a specimen like Julio Jones or AJ Green or Metcalf or Ceedee Lamb ..... we cannot beat good teams because players like Ramsey on the Rams or Jaire Alexander of the packers shuts down our passing game .... we need someone that teams are terrified of and we don’t have that .... on the Chiefs it’s Kelce for example ..... impossible to stop

the Bears are the type of org that would draft Andy Isabella happily over DK Metcalf, Laremy Tunsil or any player that had some question marks coming out.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Draft trask, grab a tackle, grab a wr to replace miller in the 3rd. Go all in on offense hoping all those players who are young develop even more.
Why are you drafting Trask? We already have Foles cemented in as the backup. If we didn’t have huge holes to fill in then I would be all in drafting a new backup QB with potential, but why waste a high draft pick on a guy who m hopefully won’t see the field for several years?

I mean it’s like we could be set at backup QB for 4 years or draft an immediate starter at RT, WR, G, or even DB. If the plan is the start Mitch next year why not just draft the future QB in ‘22?

Trask isn’t going to get magical better sitting behind Mitch and or Foles. If we had a good QB like Brady, Ben, Farve, Rodgers the fine draft rookies try to develop them but sitting a lower skill level QB behind a bad QB doesn’t make sense. Trask isn’t going to learn anything sitting behind Mitch except for maybe “I need to be way more mobile to run this offense “

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is he going to draft another fucking QB or what?

I still feel like we should blow the whole thing up. Especially if Green Bay shits down our necks like I expect them to do.