"Help Us Kevin Love, You're Our Only Hope" (ChicagoNow Article)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still don't see how the T'Wolves wouldn't seek every single asset we have for Love at this point.

Boozer (whom I guessing the Wolves would amnesty and save almost $8.4Mil), Butler, rights to Mirotic, '14 Charlotte 1st Round, '14 Bulls 1st Round, Future protected Kings 1st Round and '16 Bulls 1st Round and I'd make the Bulls throw in Teague and take on Kevin Martin with Love....which the Bulls would do anyway.

While I would do this if I were the Bulls and I'm not sure the Wolves would- that is a heck of a lot to give for a player who is leaving after '14-'15 anyway.
Getting Love AND Martin? I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. That probably means Minnesota wouldn't blink at it. Maybe if you start tossing in 2nd rounders (give them like 3 or 4) they'd add in Martin. You'd probably have to add in Taj instead of those 2nd rounders.

Tentative lineup post trade next year would be
Rose
Martin
Snell/Dunleavy
Love
Noah

Bench
Taj
Snell/Dunleavy
Augustin
Murphy
doesn't matter anymore

That's a very good 8 man rotation imo that has a lot of offense and floor spacing. Lacks a lockdown defender on the perimeter, but I'm sure Thibs could coach them up to a bearable level of defense anyway. Not sure how the salaries would work out after that trade, but we could probably add in some MLE wing player to have Snell and Dunleavy both off the bench or bring in another big man that doesn't suck or split the MLE for players like Courtney Lee types.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If our cap '15 cap situation were our '14 cap situation and Love was a FA I'd say there was could be some validity to that, but we'll have to add pieces/salary within now and the '15 off season that would eat up even more cap.

The time for us to get Love would be this off-season and probably the only time IMO.
It's very possible that if the Bulls strongly believe that Love will want to come here, they'll fire sale all of those random pieces to make room for him. I'm not sure how sign and trade deals work anymore, but we could potentially also just give some of that back to Minnesota in a sign and trade. At that point, those pieces are all expendable for the purposes of getting a star.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's very possible that if the Bulls strongly believe that Love will want to come here, they'll fire sale all of those random pieces to make room for him. I'm not sure how sign and trade deals work anymore, but we could potentially also just give some of that back to Minnesota in a sign and trade. At that point, those pieces are all expendable for the purposes of getting a star.

Rose-Butler-Melo-Love-Noah (Gibson-Mirotic-Dunleavy-Augustine-Snell-Picks)

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Kevin Love is leaning towards signing with the Lakers or Knicks once he becomes a free agent, report also says that the Bulls are hoping they are also in on the sweepstakes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kevin Love is leaning towards signing with the Lakers or Knicks once he becomes a free agent, report also says that the Bulls are hoping they are also in on the sweepstakes.
Well that basically means we're screwed then right :elephant:

But source though...I'm curious

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
he wants Knicks over Chicago?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that basically means we're screwed then right :elephant:

But source though...I'm curious

A New York or LA source, duh...

seriously I don't see the appeal in what those teams have looking towards their future right now. He'd be better off to stay with the Wolves if he really wants to win, which I believe he does.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
A New York or LA source, duh...

seriously I don't see the appeal in what those teams have looking towards their future right now. He'd be better off to stay with the Wolves if he really wants to win, which I believe he does.

the $$$$$

those are the biggest markets

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the $$$$$

those are the biggest markets
Well technically Minnesota can pay him the most salary up front. He's already a face of the NBA in a small market team so he's getting endorsements anyway. Just saying