Here's how it's going to play out

greg23

Liked Posts:
Packers still need a Seattle loss next week before resting their starters in week 17.

If Seattle wins, GB will definitely be playing their starters against the Bears. Seattle doesn’t play till late afternoon in Week 17 while Chicago/GB play in the early games.

They move games around the last week so that competing teams play at the same time

It's almost 100% certain the bears/Packers will be a late game (if not Sunday night) to match up with Arizona and Seattle games also playing in the late window

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
IF the defense pulls its head out of its ass and IF Mitch can continue to play like he has the part three weeks, they have a real shot.

I doubt that happens.
Even if that happens, you can’t control what happens with the Cardinals. They could get on a hot streak too and blow out their next two opponents. We are lucky to face the Jags this week and desperately need the 49ners to play a great game.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Tim Boyle. Jordan Love examines the clipboard.
Can he really not beat out Tim freaking Boyle or do the Packers really just don't want him to play his rookie season to give him time to develop?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
doubt it. Guarantee you Packers suit up all starters to keep Bears out of playoffs
I'm not sure what reason they'd have to risk their health. Bears aren't a threat.

Didn't the bears rest starters against them week 17 and let them in the playoffs like in 2009 or something? Could be wrong.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Can he really not beat out Tim freaking Boyle or do the Packers really just don't want him to play his rookie season to give him time to develop?

Tim Boyle was a preseason baller for us, but the Packers just haven't given Love the chance yet, no otas and training camp, for a raw talent like Love isn't very smart.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, we would. Our team president has remarked that 2011 taught us a lesson about being resting players for the playoffs.

Well that would be different than only playing your starters because the opponent is the Bears.

I hope Rodgers does play.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what reason they'd have to risk their health. Bears aren't a threat.

Didn't the bears rest starters against them week 17 and let them in the playoffs like in 2009 or something? Could be wrong.
Thats what I was referring to. We let them in, and then they beat us in the playoffs. Someone tell the willy wonka dude, he must be new to this.

THey can play all starters, to make sure we dont get in. They may not want to play a divisional rival in the playoffs, we know their systems better than any other potential opponent. Also, they get 1st week bye in the playoffs, so if they sit starters, they would have no game time actions for 3 weeks

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
doubt it. Guarantee you Packers suit up all starters to keep Bears out of playoffs
Shoot, the Packers are barely playing Adams right now. Think he's a bit banged up. My guess is, he'll at least get a rest prior to play offs or be limited.

Also, get the feeling that Rams/Arizona game will be real interesting.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Shoot, the Packers are barely playing Adams right now. Think he's a bit banged up. My guess is, he'll at least get a rest prior to play offs or be limited.

Also, get the feeling that Rams/Arizona game will be real interesting.
thats what I was thinking, it will come down to what Packers and Rams do week 17. Are they resting their starters? Do they have anything to play for?

Then again, rams just lost to the Jets, who everyone thought were tanking all season on purpose

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Well that would be different than only playing your starters because the opponent is the Bears.

I hope Rodgers does play.
Not to mention the Packers were better than us that season anyway. We didn't really beat them that third game, they beat themselves.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
we knocked the packers out of the race two years ago right?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Mullins out (injured elbow)
Bethard in
Moatert out (on ir)
Kittle TBD

Az getting bears-like luck......

Robbie Gould probably double fuck pace by missing a 25 yard gw fg with a double doink.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Mullins out (injured elbow)
Bethard in
Moatert out (on ir)
Kittle TBD

Az getting bears-like luck......

Robbie Gould probably double fuck pace by missing a 25 yard gw fg with a double doink.

As sucky as that would be, it truly would be poetic if that were to play out.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I doubt the Packers are going to beat TEN. That's a matchup nightmare for them, at least defensively.

They'll play their starters and likely beat the Bears in the last game, but I also feel like the Cardinals will win both of their remaining games anyway, so the Packers game will essentially become meaningless.

I'm prepared for a massive disappointment, but would love to be wrong. This team has no excuses after starting 5-1. They should have already clinched a playoff spot by now.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Best scenario...

Week 16
Bears beat Jaguars
49ers beat Cardinals
Seahawks beat Rams forcing Green Bay to play starters Week 17

Week 17
Bears beat Packers straight up and they lose their bye and get 2 seed.

WC Round
We beat them again in their place and Rodgers retires to pursue a gay marriage.