Hilarious if true: Raiders & Falcons have already made offers for Fields, rumors say

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears will get things for either Fields or the #1 pick.

The Bears will have a QB, a bunch of picks, and FA's to sign with the cap space.

This off season the franchise has the opportunity to rebuild. If handled correctly the Bears should be a very good team (playoff worthy) for the next 10+ seasons.

If this opportunity is blown, heads need to roll. Lots of heads.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

The Bears will have a QB, a bunch of picks, and FA's to sign with the cap space.

This off season the franchise has the opportunity to rebuild. If handled correctly the Bears should be a very good team (playoff worthy) for the next 10+ seasons.

10+ years from one offseason. I think people should temper their expectations. short of a QB, players that they draft in this draft won’t even be playing for the team in 10 years.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
10+ years from one offseason. I think people should temper their expectations. short of a QB, players that they draft in this draft won’t even be playing for the team in 10 years.

The McCaskey's are blessed with the lamest low expectation fan base in all of sports.

This off season should produce at the very least 5 quality starters. Les fucking Grossman thinks it is nothing. Like he was nothing.

Pathetic.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, smarty?

What if the Bear draft a long snapper?

green text

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Please promise us that you and Toast won go ballistic and start shooting folks if Poles doesn’t draft your wet dream
I’ve already said what I’ll do if the Bears keep Fields or pick a different QB in the draft. I’ll cheer like hell for the Bears, as per usual.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This is a good point. Take THE HAUL through its best-case scenario natural conclusion:

It’s probably not a net positive for this year, because most of the assets you’re getting will be for future drafts, and you’re giving away this year’s 1/1.

Let’s say you use this year’s first & second round pick from THE HAUL to get a GREAT receiver & a good o-lineman.

Ok, there’s your replacements for Darnell Mooney & Braxton Jones.

Let’s say you use next year’s first rounder & second rounder to grab a GREAT corner & a good D-Lineman .

Ok, there’s your replacement for JJ and someone on the d-line to help bring pressure.

A few years down the line, you start having the makings of a good team.

But what do you truly have? When does THE HAUL start looking amazing? When does it start being generational?

By the way, this is the BEST case scenario. In all likelihood, probably not every pick would hit.

THE HAUL, when it’s all said and done, will probably net you some really solid guys, maybe even a great guy or two. But when taken to its natural conclusion, people are way overestimating the ultimate impact of THE HAUL.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As my guidance counselor used to say, don’t piss on my face and tell me it’s raining
So you could just piss on their face while remaining silent, and it would be all good?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
View attachment 35150

I read yesterday on CCS that there was no trade interest in Fields, now what am I supposed to believe?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah, KC is already looking to replace Mahomes because he already peaked.

But, who knows?
The problem is the Chiefs will make Mahomes and Nagy a package deal.
Did I read that they are moving on from Nagy and not bringing him back?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is a good point. Take THE HAUL through its best-case scenario natural conclusion:

It’s probably not a net positive for this year, because most of the assets you’re getting will be for future drafts, and you’re giving away this year’s 1/1.

Let’s say you use this year’s first & second round pick from THE HAUL to get a GREAT receiver & a good o-lineman.

Let’s say you use next year’s first rounder & second rounder to grab a GREAT corner & a good D-Lineman .

Ok, there’s your replacement for JJ and someone on the d-line to help bring pressure.

But what do you truly have? When does THE HAUL start looking amazing? When does it start being generational?

By the way, this is the BEST case scenario. In all likelihood, probably not every pick would hit.

THE HAUL, when it’s all said and done, will probably net you some really solid guys, maybe even a great guy or two. But when taken to its natural conclusion, people are way overestimating the ultimate impact of THE HAUL.
I think people look at the bust rates of QBs and think that other positions don't bust either, but they do. Kyle Pitts has been a big disappointment as your last elite TE prospect. Evan Neal and Ikem Ekwonu haven't been good. Travon Walker has been a disappointment as a #1 overall pick, big time. Tyree Wilson had a terrible rookie year for the Raiders. These types of picks happen every year.

Go back to 2020 and you've got #2 overall pick Chase Young, #3 overall pick Jeff Okudah and #9 overall pick C.J. Henderson. Imagine the haul the Bengals could have got for Burrow: they could have had Chase Young, C.J. Henderson and Kyle Pitts! (I'm making that up just to make a point).

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

100000% rides on the assumption Fields will either succeed being mediocre or turn a corner and become a top 10 QB. The "draft a QB another year if Fields doesn't get better" negates "the haul" because then you're trading future picks back up to another team. I also like the point you made of not every pick will hit.... think about how many first rounders don't hit, or draft picks in general that don't hit. The assumption you're going to hit more on other players (not a QB) to fix the issues we have (at QB) just don't make sense to me.

Please just trade fields or tell the man he's staying.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But will it be the RIGHT QB? 🤔

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But will it be the RIGHT QB? 🤔

You make a good point. I don't think either QB (Fields or Williams) will be a bust. I also don't think either one will be a Hall Of Famer.

I do think both will be good QB's. You combine a good QB with talent on O, a good D, and a quality coaching staff, you will win games.

LOL at everyone complaining they will not be a great team for over 10 seasons. Lets get this team headed in the right direction first and then worry about 2035 later.