Home vs pirates

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think that these guys have enough experience to understand that 2017 is a new season. Do you have enough patience to understand that over 162 game season there is an ebb and flow to streaks?
Experience??? Have they all won a WS before

my point is.. Hoping these kids aren't thinking that it's going to be a cake walk and just rely on their talent after winning and celebrating...

Streaks of wins and losses are one thing...
Seeing after 11 games in, that most of the starters are still trying to figure it out is another..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Here we go again. The same Chicken Littles who were in an all-out panic after last June are already pushing the "Cubs are complacent" narrative 11 games in after last year's team won the fucking World Series.

Some never learn, I guess.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
His OBP was around .370 a day ago.
.346 now...

PAs are starting to add up now as they play more games and he starting to strikeout more then walking lately..

But as I mentioned before, expectation for this guy isnt to just see him walking at a high pace and just be happy with him reaching base..
Once the lineup turns over, we need to see him getting hits, hitting HRs, and driving in runs too..

Schwarber has just 26 hits in last 128 regular season ABs .203 Avg.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Here we go again. The same Chicken Littles who were in an all-out panic after last June are already pushing the "Cubs are complacent" narrative 11 games in after last year's team won the fucking World Series.

Some never learn, I guess.
So Its panicking because I'm not sitting here all happy that most of the starters are struggling and would like to see them turn it around sooner rather then later...

Last year over, its a new season and I hope to be able to see these guys defend their title...

This is still a very young team, we don't know what to expect yet from them...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So Its panicking because I'm not sitting here all happy that most of the starters are struggling and would like to see them turn it around sooner rather then later...

Last year over, its a new season and I hope to be able to see these guys defend their title...

This is still a very young team, we don't know what to expect yet from them...

You can peg that loss on Duensing and Strop not containing the base runners.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You can peg that loss on Duensing and Strop not containing the base runners.
You can also peg it on the bats not putting game away after scoring 6 runs early...

My thing isn't about losing its about seeing most of the bats still figuring it out after 11 games now..

Still have 5 starters hitting .250 or less with 3 of them under .220..

Maddon continues to play Zobrist (.171 ) everyday while sitting his 2 CFers who are off to good starts
Almora 6/13 Jay 5/15

Maddon experiment with Schwarber at leadoff not quite working out that well as he hitting .214 now.
Yea I know his OBP is .365 because of his 9 walks but he has also struck out 19 times in just 42 AB..

They have 3 bench players in Montero LaStella and Szczur who are combined 0 for 18..

I'm more then thankful that they won the WS last year but this is still a very young team that we have no idea how the rest of their career gonna pan out.. I just wanna see some of these young bats come around here cause i hope that these kids will have successful careers ..

Contreras. 8/32 11Ks
Baez. 6/27. 9 Ks
Russell. 13/48 5 Ks
Bryant. 11/44 13 Ks
Schwarber. 9/42. 19Ks
Almora. 6/13. 2 Ks

I'd like to see every position player hit but my main focus this year are on these kids cause their hopefully this team future and their going to be a huge factor on how successful or not the season and next few seasons goes for this team...

Yea were just 11 games in but I'd like to see some sign of life.. So far its been like 1 or 2 good games and nothing from each one..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You can also peg it on the bats not putting game away after scoring 6 runs early...

My thing isn't about losing its about seeing most of the bats still figuring it out after 11 games now..

Still have 5 starters hitting .250 or less with 3 of them under .220..

Maddon continues to play Zobrist (.171 ) everyday while sitting his 2 CFers who are off to good starts
Almora 6/13 Jay 5/15

Maddon experiment with Schwarber at leadoff not quite working out that well as he hitting .214 now.
Yea I know his OBP is .365 because of his 9 walks but he has also struck out 19 times in just 42 AB..

They have 3 bench players in Montero LaStella and Szczur who are combined 0 for 18..

I'm more then thankful that they won the WS last year but this is still a very young team that we have no idea how the rest of their career gonna pan out.. I just wanna see some of these young bats come around here cause i hope that these kids will have successful careers ..

Contreras. 8/32 11Ks
Baez. 6/27. 9 Ks
Russell. 13/48 5 Ks
Bryant. 11/44 13 Ks
Schwarber. 9/42. 19Ks
Almora. 6/13. 2 Ks

I'd like to see every position player hit but my main focus this year are on these kids cause their hopefully this team future and their going to be a huge factor on how successful or not the season and next few seasons goes for this team...

Yea were just 11 games in but I'd like to see some sign of life.. So far its been like 1 or 2 good games and nothing from each one..

It was 6-3 when Jake left. The pen failed to prevent baserunners. We were seeing balls launching out all day and letting 2 guys on was disaster.

Blame the O on those shut out games. At least that makes sense.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It was 6-3 when Jake left. The pen failed to prevent baserunners. We were seeing balls launching out all day and letting 2 guys on was disaster.

Blame the O on those shut out games. At least that makes sense.
Exactly .. Balls were launched out all day...
They scored 4 in first and had 6 after 3 innings
They had opportunities to put the game away and didn't.. 3 for 11 RISP. 7 LOB
They couldn't do anything after the 3rd inning til a wind blown homer by Bryant in 9th..

They could of knocked Glasnow out of game early but got nothing off him the next 2 innings and then managed only 3 hits 1 walks over final 4 innings..

Their hitters didn't give up, the Cubs hitters went cold after the 3rd..

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it would be surprising if all players started the season with hot or even average bats and some pitchers will have slow starts as well. It's early to be making any judgements about what's happening with players.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Exactly .. Balls were launched out all day...
They scored 4 in first and had 6 after 3 innings
They had opportunities to put the game away and didn't.. 3 for 11 RISP. 7 LOB
They couldn't do anything after the 3rd inning til a wind blown homer by Bryant in 9th..

They could of knocked Glasnow out of game early but got nothing off him the next 2 innings and then managed only 3 hits 1 walks over final 4 innings..

Their hitters didn't give up, the Cubs hitters went cold after the 3rd..

Ok. It doesn't change the fact that Arrieta kept them down to 3 runs and the pen gave the game away. I get your theory but if you are expecting to O to generate 8 runs per game you are not being realistic.

If the team pitching is that bad when they have to generate runs at a historic rate just to win games it will make a crappy season.

Remember the Rockies right? They were a O machine. Solved nothing

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ok. It doesn't change the fact that Arrieta kept them down to 3 runs and the pen gave the game away. I get your theory but if you are expecting to O to generate 8 runs per game you are not being realistic.

If the team pitching is that bad when they have to generate runs at a historic rate just to win games it will make a crappy season.

Remember the Rockies right? They were a O machine. Solved nothing
No.. Like I said I'm not concerned about the loss and I get Duensing and Strop gave up 5 runs..
I definitely don't expect them to score a ton of runs a game..just with yesterday game, I was hoping they could of added a few more after a fast start against struggling pitchers and wind blowing out.

My only concern is the cold bats from almost everyone still going on after 11 games now..

I understand slow starts , especially from veterans
My concern is with these young players, we dont know what to expect from them yet..

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Wtf! Don't waste a great Lester performance.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lester pitching his ass off today, how about we get him a couple of runs here

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wasted opportunities

0-4 RISP. 5 LOB

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Joe West is effing awful.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Holy shit! Contreras!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Yes! Let's get at least one more now.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
No.. Like I said I'm not concerned about the loss and I get Duensing and Strop gave up 5 runs..
I definitely don't expect them to score a ton of runs a game..just with yesterday game, I was hoping they could of added a few more after a fast start against struggling pitchers and wind blowing out.

My only concern is the cold bats from almost everyone still going on after 11 games now..

I understand slow starts , especially from veterans
My concern is with these young players, we dont know what to expect from them yet..

It's bizarre you'd have to explain why you are frustrated with the offense. No one is saying the team is doomed or the season is over but I question if some of these fanboys have even started watching the games yet. Today is a perfect example where the bats underwhelmed.