Hope that wasted opportunity don't bitem in ass
2nd and 3rd no outs
Bases loaded 1 out
Can't score

Now the pen needs to hold a 1 run lead

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They blew their chance with this game...

Gonna get swept by a team coming in losing 4 straight and after taking 2 of 3 from Dodgers....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
West is like, I'm never wrong don't you think about reversing it or you're gone

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fuckn Heyward.. He wasn't even looking to go, hit the Damn cut off man...

Wasted offenive opportunities
Bullpen walking people
Errors

Equals to another loss

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
West is like, I'm never wrong don't you think about reversing it or you're gone

Joe West is easily one of the worst umps in the game. He's a fucking joke.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Fuckn Heyward.. He wasn't even looking to go, hit the Damn cut off man...

Wasted offenive opportunities
Bullpen walking people
Errors

Equals to another loss

Cubs are fine, cupcake.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Unbelievable...
Hope they figure it out against the Brewers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Too bad they are going to have to trade a top prospect for a second year to try to fix this bullpen

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, our blowpen has issues. Who are we gonna trade for Chapman this year?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So should we trade Baez for a Bull Pen pitcher? And if so, who?

I doubt its Baez, Candelario is the more blocked player right now, and with Happ getting time a 3B now, I think his approach at the plate would be the choice to keep here. But both Happ and Candelario are ready to play in the big leagues, and it seems it will not be here. Baez is looking more like Castro as far as his value was the final off season, but 0-1 almost means a strike out again.

Carl Jr will be off the bereavement list, so Almora or Szczur will be gone so the cubs carry another pitcher to try to figure this out. It would be a shame to put Almora back in AAA, but he could use the at bats, even though he is our best center fielder.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I doubt its Baez, Candelario is the more blocked player right now, and with Happ getting time a 3B now, I think his approach at the plate would be the choice to keep here. But both Happ and Candelario are ready to play in the big leagues, and it seems it will not be here. Baez is looking more like Castro as far as his value was the final off season, but 0-1 almost means a strike out again.

Carl Jr will be off the bereavement list, so Almora or Szczur will be gone so the cubs carry another pitcher to try to figure this out. It would be a shame to put Almora back in AAA, but he could use the at bats, even though he is our best center fielder.

LaStella is more likely. 4 AB and options left.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The problem has been getting to Davis. Right now the starters are getting into the 6th. Rondon should be the main 8th inning guy and has looked stable. So that leaves a inning and a half that have been vulnerable.

Edwards IMO should be the main workhorse in the 7th. The rest of them should be situational.

Now I doubt they will make any trades. What they need to do is fix what they have. They have talent.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:

Almora better not be gone. Almora needs to be our primary starting CF then put Heyward back in RF where he belongs. I agree he needs the ABs, but let him start until he proves he can't. I think he's ready for the show on a permanent basis now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Almora better not be gone. Almora needs to be our primary starting CF then put Heyward back in RF where he belongs. I agree he needs the ABs, but let him start until he proves he can't. I think he's ready for the show on a permanent basis now.
Problem with this is Maddon feels obligated to start Zobrist and he in love with Baez defense at 2B..

I figured having all these good players would eventually become a (good) Problem..
Their going to have to move someone soon (deadline), especially if Happs and Candelerio continue to hit.

Me.. id sit Zobrist and let Almora play C.F. everyday and see what he can do

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Problem with this is Maddon feels obligated to start Zobrist and he in love with Baez defense at 2B..

I figured having all these good players would eventually become a (good) Problem..
Their going to have to move someone soon (deadline), especially if Happs and Candelerio continue to hit.

Me.. id sit Zobrist and let Almora play C.F. everyday and see what he can do

You realize Baez is the only "starter" with a OPS below .600 right?

If things stay status quo hitting then Baez is the odd man out when you want to play Almora.

My opinion is they need to protect Schwarber in LF more than anything right now. Almora/Heyward cover more ground than most of the majors much less any other combo on the Cubs.

If Baez was raking then I would get it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I thought Almora was ready enough for not bringing in Jay, but they did that and Maddon thinks Jay is doing a good job. The point is that Almora, like Stella, has options and Scuzzy does not and would need to clear waivers to resign here and go to AAA. Thats the bottom line, carrying another pitcher and using the guys on the bench. Right now Stella and Scuzzy pretty much dont need to bring their gloves to the game.

Yes, Zobrist and Maddon have an agreement, and I think KB plays the entire first half at 3B to get the All Star Game start. Zo wont make it at 2b this year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ok..
37 YO Zobrist is hitting .187 with .696 OPS and not half as good as Baez defensively at 2B.

So, why not just play the kid and see if he can turn it around offensively while still giving you above Avg. defense over a near retiring struggling UI who ok defensively?

I'd much rather see the kids in Almora and Baez play if their the future..