How do you cope...

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The hell with stats, try the eye test, Mitch fails miserably.
WTF, narrative? You mean the universally accepted truth that Mitch sucks so far this season? That's not a narrative it's a fact.
I never said anything about using Mitch’s stats or using a narrative to rise Mitch’s performance. Sorry.

I agree Mitch has been terrible, however, I believe Nagy is Mitch’s worst enemy right now! Hopefully that will change.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I always admired Mike Glennon, even in past years he was someone we were interested in"

I was at a charity event some time following the 2016 draft. George McCaskey was there and was taking questions. One of them was about why the Bears didn't take a QB that draft. His response was that Pace had his eyes on one that he really liked but didn't quite decide to take him, but if we wanted to judge Pace on the guy he liked, we should keep an eye on the career of Connor Cook.

Woof

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree Mitch has been terrible, however, I believe Nagy is Mitch’s worst enemy right now! Hopefully that will change.

For sure it will change. You will soon realize that Mitchell was Nagy's worst enemy all along.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do I cope? I make love to my wife and play guitar.
This reminds me of the story of the man and the fish.

An American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, “only a little while. The American then asked why didn’t he stay out longer and catch more fish? The Mexican said he had enough to support his family’s immediate needs. The American then asked, “but what do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siestas with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine, and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life.” The American scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat, you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing, and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually New York City, where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15 – 20 years.”

“But what then?” Asked the Mexican.

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions!”

“Millions – then what?”

The American said, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siestas with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos.”

I'm sure there's some parallel to investing into the bears winning but really I just wanted to post this because I like that one and it sounds like a nice life.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I continue to cheer for the Bears and Trubs. That's the way I cope with it. Also makes me feel better that the Bears aren't the only teams to pass on Mahomes and Watson

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think people grieve to much about Mahomes. KC came up to get him and many were surprised at the time he eventually went that high. During the months leading up to the draft he was projected mostly in the 2nd round. Maybe he slid into the 1st round conversation by the time the draft actually happened, but even then he was widely considered the 3rd best qb.

You have to tip your cap to KC for moving up to getting him and letting Alex Smith go as well.

As for passing on Watson, that's another matter I never understood. It wasnt only the Bears though, Watson was falling in the 2nd round projections due to throwing speed or something? He was always a proven winner and built the clemson program. That one bothers me

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure there's some parallel to investing into the bears winning but really I just wanted to post this because I like that one and it sounds like a nice life.

If we can find the parallel...I would nail that post up on the front door of this joint, but good job sneaking it in here anyhow.

Monster

Liked Posts:
The Bears have the worst QB in the NFL.
At this point many teams backups are better.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
One way I cope is by focusing more about the overall direction of our organization. Pace has generally done very well in scouting talent all throughout the draft.

We are bigger than any one injury. Our roster is fairly solid from top to bottom and alot of that has to do with Paces ability to draft and identify talent in FA. As long as Pace continues to do those two things we will be in the hunt for a championship. And even if Trubs doesnt work out, we can draft another rookie on a cheap contract and maintain the talent on our team.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I find you to be one of the more level headed and realistic posters on this board. If you are saying this, then that's really saying something

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

More correctly put, if you take a two game sample of this season, Mitch's performance is ranked near the bottom tier.

It's two games. People have tape of Mitch and our offense. They have learned how to unsettle him. It is up to Mitch and Nagy to put themselves in situations to succeed.

Hopefully it happens, but even then all we have this season are two games. Give teams enough tape and unless you are the real deal, they will find your weakness.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I find you to be one of the more level headed and realistic posters on this board. If you are saying this, then that's really saying something
I mean the only starting QB in the NFL that I can definitively say is worse than Mitch is Rosen. There’s more than a few that would be a close call like Winston, Mariota, Jimmy G, Flacco and others but Rosen is the only “sure thing” at being a worse QB than Mitch.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
One way I cope is by focusing more about the overall direction of our organization. Pace has generally done very well in scouting talent all throughout the draft.

We are bigger than any one injury. Our roster is fairly solid from top to bottom and alot of that has to do with Paces ability to draft and identify talent in FA. As long as Pace continues to do those two things we will be in the hunt for a championship. And even if Trubs doesnt work out, we can draft another rookie on a cheap contract and maintain the talent on our team.

All true, but none of that matters because Pace has carried on the organizations tradition of having a blind spot when it comes to QB's.

Now we get to waste another great defense because of that blind spot.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s frustrating to watch right now.
Yeah, it absolutely is. And even worse - it's not even entertaining.

You can pretty much pencil each Bears game in as the snoozer of the week. Damn shame.