How do you cope...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean the only starting QB in the NFL that I can definitively say is worse than Mitch is Rosen. There’s more than a few that would be a close call like Winston, Mariota, Jimmy G, Flacco and others but Rosen is the only “sure thing” at being a worse QB than Mitch.
And with the amount of excuses that Mitch gets, you can apply even more to his career so far in the NFL. Almost feel bad for that guy. Was drafted into the worst possible situation and then traded into the second word possible situation. Will most likely get traded again after MIA takes Tua #1 in the 2020 draft.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I'd say Mayfield has been worse than Mitch so far.

His numbers look better, but that lukewarm game against the cellar dwellar Jets helps him. He was horrible tonight and against the Titans.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I continue to cheer for the Bears and Trubs. That's the way I cope with it. Also makes me feel better that the Bears aren't the only teams to pass on Mahomes and Watson
They were the only team looking for a qb that passed on them. That's what matters. Aaron rodgers dropped all the way to 17 but the only team kicking themselves is probably the 9ers for taking smith. Bears had two chances to get it right by taking watson and mahomes. The missed badly.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I mean, it’s no different than the rest of my life as a Bears fan.

I enjoy the good years, try to find pockets of joy in the bad years, and have perspective on where football fits into my life (as a complementary bit of fun).

The older I get, the less angry or sad I get at losses. I’m not a “wait for the other shoe to drop” pessimistic fan. But I am a fan who realizes the Bears’ success is independent of my life and adjust my expectations and emotions accordingly.

As you guys know, doesn’t always work. Hahaha. Oh shit, this team. Heck of a thing.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd say Mayfield has been worse than Mitch so far.

His numbers look better, but that lukewarm game against the cellar dwellar Jets helps him. He was horrible tonight and against the Titans.
Mayfield is a gamer. But whatever makes u feel better lol

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were the only team looking for a qb that passed on them. That's what matters. Aaron rodgers dropped all the way to 17 but the only team kicking themselves is probably the 9ers for taking smith. Bears had two chances to get it right by taking watson and mahomes. The missed badly.
no they weren't. The Browns also needed a QB and passed on both Mahomes and Watson. They passed on Watson twice. Niners, Titans, Jets also needed a QB.

The Bears had a chance to get one of those two and they missed. Shit happens. What am I supposed to do? cry about it? does that ignore all the good players Pace has brought in? I'm just going to do the best I can do and cheer for the players on the team. You have the right to bitch and moan about the QB, that's perfectly fine. Just as I can just cheer for the players on the Bears

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace went all-in to get Trubisky, passing on qbs who were obviously better or at a minimum more NFL ready.

Trubisky looks no better in year three than in year one.

If the Bears don't make the playoffs Pace should and most likely will be on the hot seat.

I cope by thinking about Pace feeling the consequences of his massive fuckup.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone watch the Chiefs game yesterday? For as much as people harp on almost INTs and shit like that, Mahomes was slinging those all over the place yesterday. He got bailed out by penalties and DBs with terrible hands. Then he'd throw a TD pass to a dude that has no defender within 20 yards of him.

I'm not trying to say Mahomes isn't good. I've watched him fuck. But god damn, that offense gets WRs so open. it's insane.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
As you get older it’s just fucking sports. Most of us have a life don’t need the bears to win to go on living lol

it also helps thanks to tech and Sunday ticket we can just change the channel and watch real teams when things really get unwatchable

then there is reading certain people’s posts on here like urblok that makes you instantly happy you aren’t that mother fucker

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone watch the Chiefs game yesterday? For as much as people harp on almost INTs and shit like that, Mahomes was slinging those all over the place yesterday. He got bailed out by penalties and DBs with terrible hands. Then he'd throw a TD pass to a dude that has no defender within 20 yards of him.

I'm not trying to say Mahomes isn't good. I've watched him fuck. But god damn, that offense gets WRs so open. it's insane.
I don't really know the X's and O's and differences between the Bears/Chiefs offenses. What I will say though is watching the Chiefs, I agree that those WRs are open ALOT and Mahomes finds them. I'm assuming that they run a ton of school yard shit, where if a WR is suppose to run a slant, but Mahomes/WR recognize at the line that a Post route will be open they do it on the fly and adjust.

In the Bears offense, if Robinson is suppose to run a Slant, he better not deviate from that route even if he isn't going to be open. Trubisky will not be able to predict the actual route that will get him open and be able to adjust at the LOS. That is one of the major differences between Trubisky/Mahomes in my eyes.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't really know the X's and O's and differences between the Bears/Chiefs offenses. What I will say though is watching the Chiefs, I agree that those WRs are open ALOT and Mahomes finds them. I'm assuming that they run a ton of school yard shit, where if a WR is suppose to run a slant, but Mahomes/WR recognize at the line that a Post route will be open they do it on the fly and adjust.

In the Bears offense, if Robinson is suppose to run a Slant, he better not deviate from that route even if he isn't going to be open. Trubisky will not be able to predict the actual route that will get him open and be able to adjust at the LOS. That is one of the major differences between Trubisky/Mahomes in my eyes.

What's a slant???

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are no more excuses, just a bunch of I told you so's. How do you guys even cope, LOL.
source.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, it’s no different than the rest of my life as a Bears fan.

I enjoy the good years, try to find pockets of joy in the bad years, and have perspective on where football fits into my life (as a complementary bit of fun).

The older I get, the less angry or sad I get at losses. I’m not a “wait for the other shoe to drop” pessimistic fan. But I am a fan who realizes the Bears’ success is independent of my life and adjust my expectations and emotions accordingly.

As you guys know, doesn’t always work. Hahaha. Oh shit, this team. Heck of a thing.

Wise words...sometimes I think he really is Colonel Sanders.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no they weren't. The Browns also needed a QB and passed on both Mahomes and Watson. They passed on Watson twice. Niners, Titans, Jets also needed a QB.

The Bears had a chance to get one of those two and they missed. Shit happens. What am I supposed to do? cry about it? does that ignore all the good players Pace has brought in? I'm just going to do the best I can do and cheer for the players on the team. You have the right to bitch and moan about the QB, that's perfectly fine. Just as I can just cheer for the players on the Bears
You letting facts get in the way again?

Who the fuck wouldn't want Mahomes. It's not just his arm, he's got some huge football acumen. The last time I saw a faked handoff like I did yesterday was McMahon when hid it on his back hip for a couple seconds, just like Patrick. Dude is having fun and taking no prisoners. It's not just the arm, it's a joy to watch him keep a D off balance.

Goff, on the other hand, is a bit of smoke and mirrors. Runs a simple O with a lot of short throws.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
What's more relevant, NFL's 100 year anniversary or Chicago Bears 100 years without a QB?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What better way to celebrate the 100 year anniversary? ?

Some of our fans that can go to games should get a sign that says "100 years of failure" and list all the shitty QB's the Bears have had.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The sun will come up in the morning
No one gets out alive
And the Bears will never find a QB....