How does it taste St. Louis?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags Great America had a little bet. If the Cards lost than St. Louis would have to change the name of one of their coasters to include the name Cubs in it for the rest of the season and vice versa.

coaster-101515.jpg

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
While I highly dislike the Cardinals and am really proud that the Cubs finally got the best of them, I don't hate them nearly as much as in the past. My peak of hating the Cardinals was back in 2003 during a huge four game series at Wrigley that changed the course of the season for both teams. The Cubs beat them 3-1 but should have swept them because there was a terrible call on a double that was actually a foul ball (if memory serves me correct) that cost the Cubs a game. I don't remember why, maybe it was hearing Cards fans cheering in Wrigley Field, maybe it was that terrible foul call, maybe it was just the electricity and passion that pervaded that series and made it feel more like an NLCS than a regular season series, but I just realized somewhere during that series that I hated that team.

Now I feel the same way about them as I do the Packers. They are an elite organization that I have tons of respect for, and most of my anger goes to the Bears/Cubs for not being able to beat them then it does for the rival team simply doing their job. I think as a person I've just become much less envious of success and much more respectful of it instead.

But the symbolism of beating our arch rivals in the first playoff matchup ever between these teams, and doing at home, giving us our first series clinching victory ever at Wrigley is truly glorious, and something that almost resembles a movie script.

But more importantly I'm just thrilled that the Cubs have advanced and once again have a shot at making it to the big show.