How much should NFL cheerleaders be paid?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would rather plug into them :yep:

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, good point. And if the CEO is getting $500K, why shouldn't the guys in the warehouse?

Wut? So mascots = CEOs and cheerleaders = warehouse workers? Kay.

Seems to me they are doing pretty much the same job. Cheerleaders and mascots should receive similar pay IMO.

Werdel

Liked Posts:
The real pay is in the exposure they get. Its like nba players in the olympics. The pay is nothing but the endorsements are huge.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real pay is in the exposure they get. Its like nba players in the olympics. The pay is nothing but the endorsements are huge.

Yeah, those cheerleaders rake it in on their endorsement deals.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, those cheerleaders rake it in on their endorsement deals.

Becoming a baby momma to an athlete or entertainer and raking in millions in child support is pretty much an endorsement deal if you ask me.

Wut? So mascots = CEOs and cheerleaders = warehouse workers? Kay.

Seems to me they are doing pretty much the same job. Cheerleaders and mascots should receive similar pay IMO.

The bigger question is why the fuck is a mascot getting 65k a year. Shit, I would just making the players on the practice squad rotate the role as Team Mascot.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
if a mascot is getting paid 65,000... then why cant a cheerleader get paid similarly? If a team chooses to have cheerleaders, then they should pay them a reasonable wage. I dont see paying them as much as the mascot to be unreasonable
You think cheerleaders should be paid $65K/yr? Communist

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Becoming a baby momma to an athlete or entertainer and raking in millions in child support is pretty much an endorsement deal if you ask me.

The bigger question is why the fuck is a mascot getting 65k a year. Shit, I would just making the players on the practice squad rotate the role as Team Mascot.

I don't disagree.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I was gonna respond to this with a lot of "Oh, that's bullshit!", but I know one former NFL cheerleader and she married an NFL quarterback. And she now has millions of dollars.

malcore

Did Packer Fan write an essay on the mascot/cheerleader discrepancy 20 years ago? I fucking hope not.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheerleaders sue Raiders for wage violations

According to the Associated Press, the lawsuit filed on Wednesday alleges that the team withholds pay from the cheerleaders until the end of the season, fails to compensate them for all hours worked, and requires them to pay for many of their own expenses.

The lawsuit specifically contends that the cheerleaders receive only $1,250 per season. The plaintiffs claim that amounts to less than $5 per hour for all time spent on the job.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shit just got real, lol. Maybe the NFL should just deport the Raiders from the league like how the US deported that Indian chic who wasn't paying her maid a fair wage. In both cases, I don't think anyone will miss them.

Mark Addison

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheerleaders were meant to give raises.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
if a mascot is getting paid 65,000... then why cant a cheerleader get paid similarly? If a team chooses to have cheerleaders, then they should pay them a reasonable wage. I dont see paying them as much as the mascot to be unreasonable
Ummm .... 1 mascot and 20 to 30 cheerleaders. That is the difference between 65k and 2 million. Big difference.