How much should NFL cheerleaders be paid?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's gonna be more and more of these lawsuits

Bengals cheerleader files lawsuit against the team

A cheerleader has filed a Class Action Complaint against the Cincinnati Bengals, claiming she is underpaid for the hours of work she puts in for the team.

Alexa Brenneman, a member of the Ben-Gals from approximately May 2013 through Jan. 2014, alleges she is compensated, at most, $90 per home game at which the Ben-Gals cheer.

Brenneman says between mandatory practices, public appearances, pregame time at the stadium and calendar posing/promotions, she works more than 300 hours a year for the Bengals' organization. Yet, she claims her pay rate comes out to less than $2.85 an hour, well under the 2013 Ohio minimum wage rate of $7.85.

Brenneman notes the Seahawks organization in her complaint, saying that their group of cheerleaders is paid "any hourly wage and any applicable overtime required by law, for all hours worked." She also cites the Cavaliers' cheerleaders as being compensated for more than just games.

Her accusation is that the Bengals are in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Ohio Minimum Fair Wage Standards Act.

The class action claim of the lawsuit includes, "All persons who were employed by Defendant as a Cincinnati BenGal cheerleader at any time from February 10, 2011 through the present."

winterwarz

^ so why doesn't she just strip instead? It's practically the same job but with a much higher wage.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's gonna be more and more of these lawsuits

Bengals cheerleader files lawsuit against the team

A cheerleader has filed a Class Action Complaint against the Cincinnati Bengals, claiming she is underpaid for the hours of work she puts in for the team.

Alexa Brenneman, a member of the Ben-Gals from approximately May 2013 through Jan. 2014, alleges she is compensated, at most, $90 per home game at which the Ben-Gals cheer.

Brenneman says between mandatory practices, public appearances, pregame time at the stadium and calendar posing/promotions, she works more than 300 hours a year for the Bengals' organization. Yet, she claims her pay rate comes out to less than $2.85 an hour, well under the 2013 Ohio minimum wage rate of $7.85.

Brenneman notes the Seahawks organization in her complaint, saying that their group of cheerleaders is paid "any hourly wage and any applicable overtime required by law, for all hours worked." She also cites the Cavaliers' cheerleaders as being compensated for more than just games.

Her accusation is that the Bengals are in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Ohio Minimum Fair Wage Standards Act.

The class action claim of the lawsuit includes, "All persons who were employed by Defendant as a Cincinnati BenGal cheerleader at any time from February 10, 2011 through the present."

didn't she sign a contract with the team, which I would assume has her compensation on it? I really think these cheerleaders aren't doing this for the money, it's the fame on national TV while being eye fucked by every male

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Each NFL cheerleader should get paid the gift of spending one night with me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
ask yourself this......if NFL cheerleaders don't get paid much why do they do it?

cheerleaders get paid to about what they are worth....if they wanted more money there are more lucrative professions out there.

winterwarz

ask yourself this......if NFL cheerleaders don't get paid much why do they do it?

cheerleaders get paid to about what they are worth....if they wanted more money there are more lucrative professions out there.

They take the job for the title. It's a status thing. They should just deal with the shitty pay or find another profession that assists with their low sense of self worth.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
Bring back the Honey Bears so I can laugh when I see girls I remember from high school and college, then pay them less than $1000 a year.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to sound like I'm Don Juan here...but I've hung out with a few pro cheerleaders from the Bucks and dated a UW cheerleader for a while a few years back. They were pretty talented women who all had or were getting their degrees.

I will say none of them actually treated cheerleading like it was a career. They all knew it was a temporary thing that looked good as an organizational extra curricular activity for a future resume. If a young woman goes into cheerleading as if its a long term career chance...she deserves to be disappointed.