How the peanuts looking?

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Maybe we can rebuild again this year? Where all those armchair GMs at lmao?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Should've kept Bryant, baez, and Rizzo!
Right?!

Imagine being so fucking dumb as to think the cubs would be in a better position with Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo than trading them away

Are those 3 even playing currently or are they all hurt and hitting about .200?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just looked up those 3 stats currently and Rizzo is doing the best, with a -0.4 WAR and rumors he is being replaced

Baez has a -1.5 WAR and hitting under .200

Bryant has a -0.6 WAR and hitting under .200

My god, if only the CUBS had those 3 guys still instead of the early 20 something’s with potential still

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The Cubs were never in position to do any damage this year. The plan was always have the team pitch and play defense, and have timely hitting. The last one has been horrific because their best players have had massive regressions.

The Cubs have been in an in between stage, where they had enough talent on the team to compete but not enough to make the playoffs. Meanehile their farm wasn't ready to produce this year to offset contracts at the big league level.

Outside of Swanson the team has very little financial commitment, so they are still in a great spot to jump on a stud free agent each of the next few years.

If the Cubs are well out of it at the deadline I would expect for them to sell off guys like Belli, and possibly Suzuki and Happ. If Hendricks gets in a few more quality starts he can get traded as well. And the sell off would fit in nicely because your trading corner outfielders who are easy to replace.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
It is easy to bash the move now when they team is at it's worse. A manager can't make a player hit or a pitcher not get rocked. He can only put players in at the right times, and he does that well. The team just isn't performing.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It is easy to bash the move now when they team is at it's worse. A manager can't make a player hit or a pitcher not get rocked. He can only put players in at the right times, and he does that well. The team just isn't performing.
i am still waiting to see examples of this in a cubs uniform

he simply isnt worth near double what world series winning managers make

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
$40 mill on a manager. Somebody thought they were....
Large market team barely misses playoffs last year, has lots of money to spend and a great minor league system. Aggressively gets the "top manager in the game" but yeah sure nobody was planning on competing.

Hoyer should be fired, he's a dope.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

If he's putting 'players in at the right time, and he does that well', how do you explain the fact they've had 389573985735 blown saves this season? Would seem like he's not putting the 'players in at the right time' if they get rocked seemingly every single game.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If he's putting 'players in at the right time, and he does that well', how do you explain the fact they've had 389573985735 blown saves this season? Would seem like he's not putting the 'players in at the right time' if they get rocked seemingly every single game.
He can only use them at the right time, but he can't make them get the right outcome at that time. Other managers choose the wrong time but get the right outcome more often. You should be aware of this cam!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He can only use them at the right time, but he can't make them get the right outcome at that time. Other managers choose the wrong time but get the right outcome more often. You should be aware of this cam!

Guess we all had too high of expectations that the highest paid manager in the league would make a positive difference. Shame on us for having any expectations!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Guess we all had too high of expectations that the highest paid manager in the league would make a positive difference. Shame on us for having any expectations!
I didn't #call it. I never really vocalized my opinion. But Counsel won a series as a player and he never did shit for the Brewers. I wasn't and still not happy with him being here.

I know he oversaw some players on roids. And players that never got caught...cough. Thames... But Braun and Mejia got caught.

And I'll go on record by stating Arietta was on roids his one magical season too.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
So players are no longer responsible for performing anymore? Got it.