Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Aesopian, post: 3583971
Option 1: start Nick Foles and fix offensive line. I don't think Pace will be allowed to gamble by trading away picks in his last year.

Pace will be allowed to do as he pleases. If yours was the correct scenario, he'd already be gone by either his or George's volition.

Option 2: capture a unicorn in DeShawn Watson or somehow manage to get Dak Prescott.

Watson's no trade clause precludes him from being an option for the Bear. Houston will want more than we have and Watson is already pissed at Pace for no private workout. Watson has already OK'd 2 teams with early picks that would fit the correct scenario.

Option 3: trade up in the draft but this is high risk, high reward.

I could see a small move depending on draft circumstances but the top 2 QBs are for sure out of reach and likely the top 3.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The 6 options the Bears have and ranked by my personal preference and my gut feeling of the likelihood it happens.

1. Call Houston. Offer everything for Watson. - Very low
2. Sit tight at 20. If a QB like Lance/Mac falls, draft them. Otherwise go OL and plan on Nick Foles for 2021 - Low
3. Massive trade up for Wilson/Fields - High
4. Trade for Stafford/Hurts - Low
5. Some middling aging journeyman Vet (Jimmy/Darnold/Carr/Ryan) + Foles + a 3rd/4th rounder QB - High
6. Re-sign Trubisky for Foles vs Trubs Vol. II - Low

Liked Posts:
The stupid bastard Nagy was a QB in the arena league.

Put him in there with no offensive line with predictable plays and no time to throw then let’s see him bitch.

At least this way we can tell sucks worse Mitch or Nagy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Obtaining Deshaun Watson was an unmitigated success. Period. End of story.

All of the other stuff has nothing to do with the trade-up for him. No matter what happens from here on out, trading up for him was absolutely no doubt the right call.
It was the right call, but it was not a success. A success would be keeping him there for the majority of his career and building a good team around him.

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
Realistically, the Bears will probably have to go with Foles and/or Mariotta in the upcoming season. Maybe Derek Carr if the Raiders choose to part ways with him.

Given that scenario, I would trade down and acquire picks. This is a very good draft for OTs and OGs as well as WR and possibly edge rushers.

Trade down into the early second round, pick up another third round pick or more and then draft a guy like OT Eichenberg from ND, a pass rusher like Basham from Wake Forest in the second or WR like Collins from Michigan. Possibly Mac Jones if he is still there in the mid-second as a future QB. Draft another OT like Stanford's Walker Little in the third round. From there, acquire BPA with the rest of the picks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It was the right call, but it was not a success. A success would be keeping him there for the majority of his career and building a good team around him.

Yeah, no doubt---You're absolutely right. But the original assertion that that combats, was that big trades for one asset don't ever work out, that they're not worth it. The point was that, yes, they actually do sometimes, with Watson and Mahomes as a couple of examples.

That the Texans mucked up what happened next doesn't make that any less true, that the Watson trade absolutely was justified and was worth it, at least in my opinion. If others disagree and think the result means it was a bad trade, I'd vehemently disagree, but hey, it's fine to have that opinion.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"Aesopian, post: 3583971
Option 1: start Nick Foles and fix offensive line. I don't think Pace will be allowed to gamble by trading away picks in his last year.

Pace will be allowed to do as he pleases. If yours was the correct scenario, he'd already be gone by either his or George's volition.

Option 2: capture a unicorn in DeShawn Watson or somehow manage to get Dak Prescott.

Watson's no trade clause precludes him from being an option for the Bear. Houston will want more than we have and Watson is already pissed at Pace for no private workout. Watson has already OK'd 2 teams with early picks that would fit the correct scenario.

Option 3: trade up in the draft but this is high risk, high reward.

I could see a small move depending on draft circumstances but the top 2 QBs are for sure out of reach and likely the top 3.

1. The Bears GM answers to Ted McCaskey. Pace will not do what he pleases. Bears probably don't want to pay Pace Nagy after they are fired like Emery and Trestman.

2. It says nowhere in his no trade clause he won't play for the Bears. Saying Watson is passed is speculation that has been disproven by Watson himself.

Watson did not okay two teams a reporter said he okayed two teams.

3. Yeah who wants first round picks from a team with no offense and an old defense.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
1. The Bears GM answers to Ted McCaskey. Pace will not do what he pleases. Bears probably don't want to pay Pace Nagy after they are fired like Emery and Trestman.

2. It says nowhere in his no trade clause he won't play for the Bears. Saying Watson is passed is speculation that has been disproven by Watson himself.

3. Yeah who wants first round picks from a team with no offense and an old defense.
“TED MCKASKEY” ......HE IS A BAD MAN

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote: Aesopian,
Whatever. No point in him still being here at all if not free to do his own thing and it's been clearly stated that he currently has autonomy.

He went out of his way to tweet a slam at Pace about and in the recent past and he can block any trade.

"The Bears NEVER ONCE talked to me". — Deshaun Watson (@DeshaunWatson) May 9, 2020

What's going to entice him here? A great WR corps? Awesome OL? A scheme unsuited to his traits? Stable staff and GM? WTF? His salary is set and high and he can stop any trade. Get over it. Not happening.

A reporter he spoke to so why the issue? I didn't speak to him nor did you.

WTF does that mean? I suspect that a move, if made, would be a move to get sloppy 2nds if horny enough but moving to the top 3 spots would leave the cupboard too bare. It's called an informed opinion unlike you just constantly throwing blunted darts.

If you want to keep trading dislikes, fine by me. Go dig up some 3yr old threads.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Quote: Aesopian,
Whatever. No point in him still being here at all if not free to do his own thing and it's been clearly stated that he currently has autonomy.

He went out of his way to tweet a slam at Pace about and in the recent past and he can block any trade.

"The Bears NEVER ONCE talked to me". — Deshaun Watson (@DeshaunWatson) May 9, 2020

What's going to entice him here? A great WR corps? Awesome OL? A scheme unsuited to his traits? Stable staff and GM? WTF? His salary is set and high and he can stop any trade. Get over it. Not happening.

A reporter he spoke to so why the issue? I didn't speak to him nor did you.

WTF does that mean? I suspect that a move, if made, would be a move to get sloppy 2nds if horny enough but moving to the top 3 spots would leave the cupboard too bare. It's called an informed opinion unlike you just constantly throwing blunted darts.

If you want to keep trading dislikes, fine by me. Go dig up some 3yr old threads.
I remember seeing a video of Watson saying the Bears did talk to him

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't say the Bears should break the bank for Dak, but there's some weird notion that Dak Prescott isn't good. He is. He's very good.

Dak Prescott started 16 games for four straight seasons, until last year.

He has a career TD/INT of 106/40, including a 30/11 season the year before he was injured.

Including a slumpy sophomore season, he's **averaging** 3,945 passing yards per season, including a 4,900 yard season the year before he was injured.

The real question with Prescott is his injury. But isn't that a risk you think about taking if you're the only NFL franchise who's never had a real quarterback ever?

I would take Dak Prescott in a heartbeat. But he wouldn't even take a 2 year/$40 mil deal, let alone a 5 year/$40 mil deal. Not that I don't think you already know that. Because I know you're one of the posters here that actually has a brain.

Just some people's opinions on stuff like that is so hilarious. If we don't draft a QB, it's going to cost us a lot. If we don't get a QB, it's going to cost us even more.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah, no doubt---You're absolutely right. But the original assertion that that combats, was that big trades for one asset don't ever work out, that they're not worth it. The point was that, yes, they actually do sometimes, with Watson and Mahomes as a couple of examples.

That the Texans mucked up what happened next doesn't make that any less true, that the Watson trade absolutely was justified and was worth it, at least in my opinion. If others disagree and think the result means it was a bad trade, I'd vehemently disagree, but hey, it's fine to have that opinion.
I get your logic and where you are coming from but like you said, different opinion. I’d take back what I said if they trade him and draft a lot of pieces to build around. But it’s the Texans so Idk if that’s possible haha.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It just amazes me that anyone who hates Trubisky wants to bring in Minshew, Winston, Darnold, Lock or Newton. Mind blowing.

You would think those would be the biggest draft #1 every year people of all. But with the Bears they want has beens and never beens more than they want risk. Then they bitch about never finding a star QB.

And any QB with the O line and weapons the Bears have will struggle against that schedule. That's actually the point.

A lot of people on here go on about Mitch struggling to beat teams who have over .500 records. The reality is the Bears can't beat teams over .500 because they are overmatched by better teams. So you have to improve the team, not simply change the QB and mortgage the future.

Deshaun Watson won four games with a crappy team, giving up multiple first round picks to watch him win four games with a crappy team is not the answer.

Mitch is the most realistic option because we don't have the capital or cap to make any big moves without keeping the same crappy team for even longer. I doubt if Mitch wants to be here.

Pace is obviously not good at budgeting or judging players. I don't see any way to have an offense and a QB next year.

Has the Watson trade really been a success for the Texans? I know 75% of the board has a raging hard-on for him but the Texans are no closer to success than Chicago. And Watson wants out so how exactly is that a win for Houston

Thou shall not point out logic.
Our QB sucks and brings down the team. Other QBs only look like they suck because the team sucks.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Fuck all the other shit. Get the QB and everything will start falling into place. I don’t want fill ins or bridge QBs, I want a fucking stud. The longer these assholes wait to get this right the older I get and I’m tired of waiting.....

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do anything that doesn't have fucking Foles playing.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’d personally dump Foles wherever you can for whatever you can. I’d try for Stafford or Carr. And draft best available QB left(if any) at 20.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I’d personally dump Foles wherever you can for whatever you can. I’d try for Stafford or Carr. And draft best available QB left(if any) at 20.

I don't disagree with that (except wanting Steffanie) but with the Bears a QB at 20 is most likely a wasted pick and a lot of wasted time on it (think Grossman). I just wanted to take this time to dream the Bears pick up a Rogers late in the 1st.