Hub - BEARS Can't Afford To Keep Brandon Marshall

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm pretty sure everyone is still glad he's gone to except maybe a few Lovie lovers.

dabears70 u don't get it.....the players RESPECTED Smith. They played hard for Smith. Tresman was not RESPECTED. You can't have a HC players don't respect.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dez has nowhere near the rap sheet that Marshall has and is a clearly better player at this point. Why would you think he is a worse person than Marshall? Do you know him or something?
9 words:
Dez Bryant's mother: Cowboys receiver 'tried to kill me'

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
9 words:

Just wait until he gets a new contract good dez will disappear

It's funny when guys like marshal TO dez harvin etc want a new contract they all of a sudden look like changed men. All about team and dedication to doing good off the field etc. once they get new contracts they revert to old tired bullshit

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall may be a lot less expensive than Jay Cutler to get rid of, and his departure would serve the Bears a great deal better than Cutler's.

OMG-Facepalm-GIF.gif

Dumbest shit I've read in quite some time. Bravo Hub you fucking moron.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so when does BM challenge HUb to a fight

Newblood

Liked Posts:
9 words:

Yeah, but he didn't decapitate her. So he has that going for him.

@PzFeed Jan 2
Florida man confesses to decapitating his mother with an ax after she asked him put some boxes into the attic.
Embedded image permalink
B6XWazNIcAAON3J.jpg

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. People don't believe it because they don't want to believe it.
Lol. Yeah, it's not like Dez beat the shit out of his own mother or has an infantile sideline meltdown every other week. You and jdb can keep lobbying to get rid of our best receiver and I'll keep laughing.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
True, but it is now

Shannahan
McDaniels
Sparano
Trestman

Shannahan got himself fired by constantly trotted out a shit defense and Trestman clearly couldn't command a puppy. I'm not on Marshall's side but these two should be used imo

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shannahan got himself fired by constantly trotted out a shit defense and Trestman clearly couldn't command a puppy. I'm not on Marshall's side but these two should be used imo

Not saying he got him fired.

I am saying that he struggled to manage him.

Marshall is one of the reasons we need a coach with some command and swagger. You cannot coddle him like Trestman.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall is annoying, but he doesnt seem like a cancer.... gota remember winning cures alot of things, and when they are winning everyone is jolly and these kinds of "annoyances' are much easier to look past.

That said, if and hopefully when we jettison Cutler this off season, gota figure Marshall isnt going to be happy about losing his bromance partner a second time. Be interesting to see if things fall of the rails with him if that happens and if he demands his release or trade, or if he is a professional about it and continues to give his all to the team and organziation that is paying him.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall is one of the reasons we need a coach with some command and swagger. You cannot coddle him like Trestman.

lol swagger... really? Sorry but the new coach can have all the dumb ass swagger he wants, it won't make a difference.

The only thing that's going to keep Marshall happy and quite is WINNING football games.

I honestly don't know why folks get so bent out of shape over Marshall. At least he shows some passion out there unlike some QB's we know and their "don't care" attitudes. Marshall is the least of this teams problems. He's one of the few players on this team that actually produces at an elite level and will gut it out thru injury.

This notion that the Bears would be better off getting rid of him is comically absurd.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think I remember him from boy scouts, such a well adjusted young man

Yeah, but he didn't decapitate her. So he has that going for him.

@PzFeed Jan 2
Florida man confesses to decapitating his mother with an ax after she asked him put some boxes into the attic.
Embedded image permalink
B6XWazNIcAAON3J.jpg

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Not saying he got him fired.

I am saying that he struggled to manage him.

Arkush is basically helping Boers and Bernstein with their "Get rid of Marshall" agenda.

I'm not sure why these three have such a hard-on for him. It was interesting how last week, there was so much going on with the Bears. From the drama with how Cutler played after getting benched, to the firing of Emery and Trestman... And yet, all 3 still found a way to spend 30 minutes taking sucker punches at Marshall.

Arkush used to be a good insider. He was a guy who really had a pulse for the team and the NFL in general.

I feel like he's really lost it in recent years. It's almost as if he thinks people are more interested in drama then x's and o's.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lol swagger... really? Sorry but the new coach can have all the dumb ass swagger he wants, it won't make a difference.

The only thing that's going to keep Marshall happy and quite is WINNING football games.

I honestly don't know why folks get so bent out of shape over Marshall. At least he shows some passion out there unlike some QB's we know and their "don't care" attitudes. Marshall is the least of this teams problems. He's one of the few players on this team that actually produces at an elite level and will gut it out thru injury.

This notion that the Bears would be better off getting rid of him is comically absurd.

Marshall quit his routes, threw his team and QB under the bus, ranted off to the media, fucked with some dumb fan on twitter and acted like a general ass to his teammates and coaches but at least he did it with passion.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Arkush is basically helping Boers and Bernstein with their "Get rid of Marshall" agenda.

I'm not sure why these three have such a hard-on for him. It was interesting how last week, there was so much going on with the Bears. From the drama with how Cutler played after getting benched, to the firing of Emery and Trestman... And yet, all 3 still found a way to spend 30 minutes taking sucker punches at Marshall.

Arkush used to be a good insider. He was a guy who really had a pulse for the team and the NFL in general.

I feel like he's really lost it in recent years. It's almost as if he thinks people are more interested in drama then x's and o's.

Im not on the get rid of Marshall bus but the shit he did this year is alarming. It's bad to see a leader crumble the moment things get tough

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Marshall took a huge step back this year in and off the field. He looked so slow this year. I think now at his age he needs to be a number 2 or 3 option. Watch other teams wr and they are catchibg the ball and making people miss. Marshall is too slow now to fake anyone out. Still a great redzone threat and can move the chains but age and injuries catching up

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Issues that arose related to Brandon Marshall during the 2014 season. Brandon Marshall one year ago was to me a phenomenal player and leader and then the adversity hit.

1). NFL insider flights to New York

2). Long winded asinine press con fence about issues dead and buried some four years ago

3). Exploding on teammates in the locker from

4). Quitting during the Dolphins and Pats games

5). Turning on Jay Cutler

6). Challenging a Lions fan to a fight and then trying to lie and back pedal and say it was going to be a charity anti-bullying campaign event

I feel like there's one or two I missed.

Add in a drop in production and age and a clear lack of leadership when the team faced adversity and I would argue he should be the first one to go. Marshall seemed to be a great leader and a leader by example, but leaders tend to be at their best when things are at their worst. Marshall completely fell apart when the going got bad where as cutler never seemed to lose his cool through it all.

Four months ago I felt the opposite Marshall was a god send to this team, but when he lost it and it seemed to become a cancer in the locker room that's when Marshall lost me.

100% agree with everything you said. First 2 years he was great on and off then this year happened. People with his condition do not do well with any type of conflict. You see what happens when he doesnt get the ball or if someone calls him out on something. He loses it. Put all his issues aside he is getting older. He needs to take a step back and either get traded or be content being a role player. He isnt a top 5 wr anymore. No way.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There is a reason why an elite receiver is moved around so much. You don't just happily move an elite level player, and it has happened twice with him. He may not act out violently anymore, but one annoyance can be replaced by another. He seems to been on a crusade, whatever it is, and wants to be in the front of it.

Not saying you get rid of him(I just don't see how you reduce your skill position like that), but I do now understand why teams have moved on from him.....

BEARS