Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
On the other hand, when it comes to Marshall, more than a few of his teammates would gladly kick in for his bus ticket out of town.

Marshall is one of the three or four best wide receivers in football, no question about that.

One Bears veteran described Marshall's presence as exhausting.

Another player told me he didn't think the locker room problems were as serious as the media has painted them, but he did think coach Marc Trestman and his assistants' biggest mistake in getting control of the room was they were afraid of trying to handle Marshall.
So, Hubs argument is that a player he calls one of the top 3 or 4 at his position needs to be cut because one guy says he is "exhausting."
Is this serious?
And follow up that earth shatterer with, "Another player told me he didn't think the locker room problems were as serious as the media has painted them."
Uhhh, I thought you arguing that Marshall was the problem not the press. That sounds more like the media consists of a bunch of cunting attention seeking hacks.

The statement piece on why the Bears must rid themselves of Brandon Marshall consists of one guy quoted as finding him "exhausting???"
Really???
Let's get the torches and pitchforks!!!

Great writing.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
This article screams "Reach" in every way. Its crazy to even think of cutting Marshall and taking a 5.5 million cap hit. And Marshall has not been a problem for the bears, the man hates to lose, so what and his media attention shit can be controlled with a strong head coach. Its simple... Hey Marshall if you are playing for us(the Bears)you cant do a stupid show in NY..i..end of story...

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
The best part of threads like these is people claiming to know or not know if some player is good or bad in the locker room.

NO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT....

You can speculate, but you don't really know and neither do I.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
This site certainly has an interesting affinity for Brandon Marshall. I'm wondering if many of you mental disorders yourself, feel a close "bond" with the guy and can't judge this story objectively.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
This site certainly has an interesting affinity for Brandon Marshall. I'm wondering if many of you mental disorders yourself, feel a close "bond" with the guy and can't judge this story objectively.

You spelled Bears wrong

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boers or Bernstein, one of the two I can't tell the dipshits apart, said today on the score that Marshall was gone. Done. Finished in Chicago no matter what. I can't believe that they are just going to release him. Surely they would get something for him in a trade.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
dabears70 u don't get it.....the players RESPECTED Smith. They played hard for Smith. Tresman was not RESPECTED. You can't have a HC players don't respect.

Ummmmm excuse me but I do get it and I know everything you just said but Lovie still had to go and maybe you don't get the fact that there are other candidates out there that can come to Chicago and command the same respect that Lovie got and will win games and get us in the playoffs. Trestman was a weak little bitch.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Releasing him would be a 13M dead cap hit. Unless he is truly tearing the locker room apart, there is no way I want this to happen.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Releasing him would be a 13M dead cap hit. Unless he is truly tearing the locker room apart, there is no way I want this to happen.

Releasing him would not be a 13mil hit. Most of that guaranteed money is a soft guarantee in the form of roster bonuses that depend on him being on the team by the new league year, Mar 14th. If the cut him before then it's about a 5mil hit IIRC.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Personally, I'd hate to see him gone, this season sucked for him probably more so than us as fans. I think Trestman's mindset towards the team really hurt the players as a whole with rotating captains every week and saying they were 0-0 after every game. Marshall acting up like he did this year helped get rid of Trestman and brought a lot of things into light. As for Marshall getting kicked from the team goes, I hope it doesn't happen unless the new HC comes in and decides that he is a locker room cancer and doesn't want to deal with his shit, otherwise the Bears would be stupid to just cut him off the team.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

As a complete lunatic I can confirm this is true.

Bort

Liked Posts:
For all of his issues, one thing Marshall does is play hard. I remember the game at Green Bay where Marshall looked like the only player on the team that actually showed up to play a football game. Everyone except Marshall quit that game.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
35jyolc.jpg

35b8ppc.jpg

good research Mongo_76

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As much as I like high character players, I realize you won't build a successful football team based solely off high character players. You do however need those high character guys (and coaches) in the locker room to be leaders of the rest of the group.

You can argue that Marshall isn't a high character guy and/or leader and that is fine, as long as he isn't forced into a leader role. But to want him off the team because he isn't a high character guy is a bit absurd.

how our we gonna pay him when his contract comes up, do we just let him and get nothing

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
how our we gonna pay him when his contract comes up, do we just let him and get nothing
You do realize he just signed a three year extension during the offseason?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You do realize he just signed a three year extension during the offseason?

ok then we're slightly screwed. I hesr he has a "soft guarantee" where we'd only be out 5m if we trade him

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I don't think he HAS to go, but he is most definitely not a leader, as his actions have indicated. As sad as it is, he is/was still the best player on the team. Certainly top 2-3.

The question with him has always been does his production on the field outweigh the distraction? He wasn't a problem when Lovie Smith was here. Perhaps a strong minded HC that doesn't let people walk all over him can get him back under control.

He's also 31 and is at the point in his career where injuries are a concern as well as the decline in his performance. I'm neutral on Marshall. Whatever they decide to do is fine with me.