Hub - BEARS Can't Afford To Keep Brandon Marshall

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall quit his routes, threw his team and QB under the bus, ranted off to the media, fucked with some dumb fan on twitter and acted like a general ass to his teammates and coaches but at least he did it with passion.
For all that say Brandon is the least of our problems...seems to me all this perfectly epitomizes our problems.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If they can get a decent pick for him then trade him. The Bears need picks.

Marshall, odds of being a good player, probably high 90%s.
Pick, odds of being an NFL starter, probably >25%.
Yep, that's how you build a team. Trade your sure things for wild shots in the dark.

Marshall took a huge step back this year in and off the field. He looked so slow this year. I think now at his age he needs to be a number 2 or 3 option. Watch other teams wr and they are catchibg the ball and making people miss. Marshall is too slow now to fake anyone out. Still a great redzone threat and can move the chains but age and injuries catching up

Slow with ankle injuries all year? Say it isn't so.
Hey, Jeffery was also slow. Trade him too.

Yes there is an issue with our WR's not being able to get open. Just like there is an issue with our D not being able to be closer than 5yds to a WR much of the time. And this problem has been around through different coaches. I'm not sure what the reason is but I bet they are related.

People with his condition...

I sure hope the next GM/HC aren't as stupid as many of the posters here and the radio morons or we'll be paying Marshall for a very long time, but at least court settlements wouldn't go against the cap.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Trade him to NE. I'd like to see Brady get a shot at a real WR. Would line up well because Marshall will be done about the same time as Brady

Newblood

Liked Posts:
There is a reason why an elite receiver is moved around so much. You don't just happily move an elite level player, and it has happened twice with him. He may not act out violently anymore, but one annoyance can be replaced by another. He seems to been on a crusade, whatever it is, and wants to be in the front of it.

Not saying you get rid of him(I just don't see how you reduce your skill position like that), but I do now understand why teams have moved on from him.....

BEARS

This recent Marshall stuff is what opened your eyes to why teams moved on from him? Have you not read any NFL news since 2006? Because this is pretty mild stuff compared to his controversies previous to the Bears.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Not good he has that many issues in the locker room.

He trally just needs to get the attention needing bushit and his God awful TV show.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but he didn't decapitate her. So he has that going for him.

@PzFeed Jan 2
Florida man confesses to decapitating his mother with an ax after she asked him put some boxes into the attic.
Embedded image permalink
B6XWazNIcAAON3J.jpg

Now that dude has "DA FIRE AND DA PASSION"

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This recent Marshall stuff is what opened your eyes to why teams moved on from him? Have you not read any NFL news since 2006? Because this is pretty mild stuff compared to his controversies previous to the Bears.

Well, of course they are. But at the time I thought that given up 2 No.3's for a guy of his talent level was a steal. Now I am wondering if the Dolphins got the better of the deal.

Seeing it up close(ie Cutler as an example) helps understand why things happen. That's my point...

BEARS

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not saying he got him fired.

I am saying that he struggled to manage him.

Marshall is one of the reasons we need a coach with some command and swagger. You cannot coddle him like Trestman.

This.

Getting rid of Marshall is critically premature, imo. One bad season where the entire locker room was a traveling circus and now you want to get rid of one of the best WRs in the league? Please.

I don't remember any of these things being said in the first three years of his tenure in Chicago.

I'm not ready to abandon this ship yet. Not by a longshot. Marshall can still be a focal point of the offense along with Jeffery.

If issues arise under a new coach? Then, yeah, you probably need to let him go.

I swear that these calls for Marshall to be removed from the team did not begin until a certain radio host decided to take an anti-Marshall stance.

Do NOT let Dan fucking Bernstein run this WR out of town.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
100% agree with everything you said. First 2 years he was great on and off then this year happened. People with his condition do not do well with any type of conflict. You see what happens when he doesnt get the ball or if someone calls him out on something. He loses it. Put all his issues aside he is getting older. He needs to take a step back and either get traded or be content being a role player. He isnt a top 5 wr anymore. No way.

Marshall caught 61 passes this year. He was targeted 101 times.

Of the 101 passes, only 67 were catchable.

I'm trying to understand what kind of production people were expecting from him when he only gets 67 catchable passes?

For reference, in 2013, 115 throws to him were catchable.... in 2012 - 131 were catchable.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't necessarily think they need to trade him but if someone is going to give reasonable pick(s) then, like anyone else on the team, the Bears should listen.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Marshall caught 61 passes this year. He was targeted 101 times.

Of the 101 passes, only 67 were catchable.

I'm trying to understand what kind of production people were expecting from him when he only gets 67 catchable passes?

For reference, in 2013, 115 throws to him were catchable.... in 2012 - 131 were catchable.

Where did you get these statistics (PFF?)? I'm not disputing them, would like to look at them and compare that to other WR's

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
The new coach should be able to come in and control the locker room. Whoever it is won't get a chance to see the locker room dynamic until minicamps and OTAs start. Why anyone would expect a new coach to come in and base a descision like that off of how the previous shitty management ran the locker room is beyond me. Marshall is a great player. He needs a chance to prove himself to the new staff. He might be a cancer. Cutler might be, Bennett might be, Gould might be, who the fuck knows. The new staff can evaluate that. That is why they are going to be there. You don't blow up the entire organization because the staff was shitty and then base descisions off of how they ran things

cd35

Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Borderline Personality Disordered WR diva can get annoying but I'm not sure he's the problem some goofball's in the media are crusading to make him. This whole locker room was disgruntled and unhappy so of course some are going to handle it not as well as others.

IF it is true that Marshall is being a problem then once again the reality is that it's Cutler's fault like everything else for getting him to Chicago. Fuck Jay Cutler.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
I guess it isn't a popular opinion but I absolutely believe that football teams need chemistry and I do not believe Brandon Marshall can cultivate the kind of chemistry you need. I think he is a cancer - he is always looking for attention...

For instance:

That press conference where he waived a letter from Rasheedah Watley where she wrote she never hit him? Watley changed her story at Marshall’s trial in Atlanta in 2009. She said under oath that the letter had been a lie to protect Marshall.

Fair or not, bringing that spouse abuse storyline to Chicago. He literally brought Gloria Allred upon us.

And of course, there was national hub bub when he freaked out over his ESPN profile.

Thinking it would be a good idea to travel each week to host a national sports show, Inside the NFL.

Yelling at a team leader like Robbie Gould in the locker room.

How about Marshall's willingness to throw Jay under the bus after the many, many times Jay went to bat for Marshall. E tu Brandon?

I don't want Marshall as a face of this franchise. I don't want any snowflakes right now, just hard nosed lunch pail carrying players. I don't want aging players that feel the need to be part of multiple national conversations. I don't want guys who are maximizing their brand when we can't even make 500.

Call me stupid.

Edit: It would be one thing if he was 25. He is almost 31 and is going to be closer to 33 before this team is ready to do anything... Maybe it will work out for us but I'm just not so sure.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I guess it isn't a popular opinion but I absolutely believe that football teams need chemistry and I do not believe Brandon Marshall can cultivate the kind of chemistry you need. I think he is a cancer - he is always looking for attention...

For instance:

That press conference where he waived a letter from Rasheedah Watley where she wrote she never hit him? Watley changed her story at Marshall’s trial in Atlanta in 2009. She said under oath that the letter had been a lie to protect Marshall.

Fair or not, bringing that spouse abuse storyline to Chicago. He literally brought Gloria Allred upon us.

And of course, there was national hub bub when he freaked out over his ESPN profile.

Thinking it would be a good idea to travel each week to host a national sports show, Inside the NFL.

How about Marshall's willingness to throw Jay under the bus after the many, many times Jay went to bat for Marshall. E tu Brandon?

I don't want Marshall as a face of this franchise. I don't want any snowflakes right now, just hard nosed lunch pail carrying players. I don't want aging players that feel the need to be part of multiple national conversations. I don't want guys who are maximizing their brand when we can't even make 500.

Call me stupid.

Edit: It would be one thing if he was 25. He is almost 31 and is going to be closer to 33 before this team is ready to do anything... Maybe it will work out for us but I'm just not so sure.

Stupid

Newblood

Liked Posts:

For instance:

Call me stupid.

As much as I like high character players, I realize you won't build a successful football team based solely off high character players. You do however need those high character guys (and coaches) in the locker room to be leaders of the rest of the group.

You can argue that Marshall isn't a high character guy and/or leader and that is fine, as long as he isn't forced into a leader role. But to want him off the team because he isn't a high character guy is a bit absurd.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
If we were New England and could bend any player to our system and will it would be fine. But we aren't. Maybe we can become that. I love Brandon when he is on top of things, I was all aboard the feel good train when I first learned about the BPD stuff. But at the end of the day he is in the headlines way too much for me.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
If we were New England and could bend any player to our system and will it would be fine. But we aren't. Maybe we can become that. I love Brandon when he is on top of things, I was all aboard the feel good train when I first learned about the BPD stuff. But at the end of the day he is in the headlines way too much for me.

Aaron Hernandez says hi