Hub says be patient with Trubisky

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Howard averaged more yards on the ground than Trubisky did through the air. That simply can't happen if the Bears want to win football games.

Depends on the situation.

Generally you are correct you need more production through the air than on the ground, but Sunday night despite that they were in an ideal position to win the game.

One defensive play in the 4th quarter and they win the game and the narrative is totally different.

Mitch did not play well, the offense as a whole was not good enough, but a 21 point 4th quarter lead should be enough no matter what the offense does at the end of the game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with this. I look at this year as whole as a "let's see what we have" type of year. Next year is the year of expectations. I just want the Bears to be competitive and fun to watch this season

Not to quote Lovie, but I look at it as a season of quarters.

The first quarter is about riding the defense and the offense coming together.

Obviously expectations will go up in the 2nd quarter.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Not to quote Lovie, but I look at it as a season of quarters.

The first quarter is about riding the defense and the offense coming together.

Obviously expectations will go up in the 2nd quarter.

Not to quote Lovie, but Trubisky is our quarterback.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard averaged more yards on the ground than Trubisky did through the air. That simply can't happen if the Bears want to win football games.

Well thank you captain obvious. Did you happen to look around the league? Exactly how many offenses were lighting the world on fire? The answer is not many. Much less new offenses. In fact out of all of the teams with rookie head coaches, all of them lost by the way, the Bears looked the best. This thing is going to take time. If you reach the end of the season and still are seeing the team shit the bed as such then you've got real reason to worry.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well thank you captain obvious. Did you happen to look around the league? Exactly how many offenses were lighting the world on fire? The answer is not many. Much less new offenses. In fact out of all of the teams with rookie head coaches, all of them lost by the way, the Bears looked the best. This thing is going to take time. If you reach the end of the season and still are seeing the team shit the bed as such then you've got real reason to worry.

This is true.

All 1st year HCs lost week 1 and all of the QBs, except for Luck, played poorly to complete gong show.

In fact of QBs who were starting for new HCs in week 1 Trubisky arguably had the 2nd best week of the 7 QBs. He sucked in the 2 minute drill, but the rest of them went full on throw the game away mode.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears won't win or lose based on our patience. They will win or lose based on Trubs doing his job.

Some of ya'll seem more focused on fan opinion than on the QB performing.

When he wins then opinion will change. Patience has nothing to do with it as his ability to win is not predicated on fan patience or lack thereof.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If you remove your emotion from the fact that it was against the Packers then things start to look a bit different.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The Bears won't win or lose based on our patience. They will win or lose based on Trubs doing his job.

When he wins then opinion will change. Patience has nothing to do with it as his ability to win is not predicated on fan patience or lack thereof.

A QB requires time to develop. Time inherently requires patience. The bitching and moaning from the fans does nothing to help/hinder Trubisky's development.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I agree the patience piece is more for our own mental health.

I think even the media response this week, from the non-troll media guys, has been very measured.

This Monday is an important game and we should expect to see incremental improvement in a number of areas. We are removing a number of factors [being on the road, playoff calibre opponent, 1st time for everyone] and Trubisky will have more experience in the offense and Nagy will have changed some things.

We may not win the game, but I expect that we will at a minimum feel better about the offense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A QB requires time to develop. Time inherently requires patience. The bitching and moaning from the fans does nothing to help/hinder Trubisky's development.

I think Remy's point is that the team needs to show patience, which I think they will.

Fans screaming and yelling will have little impact on anything.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Don't try to reason with these people Windy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense allowed 21 4th quarter points to a gimpy QB and dropped a game winning INT.

The Bears were in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter and the defense blew it on multiple plays.

I find blaming the defense for the loss a little ridiculous. They were the reason that it was even close. Mack's strip and recovery with the Packers in the red zone followed by his pick 6 were a two-score swing in the game. At least 10 points and probably 14.

The 4th quarter was one of the best QBs ever to play the game having a vintage performance. Not many defenses are stopping him when he's on like that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really think that this game will function as a wake up call for Nagy and have him evaluate some of the assumptions the staff made leading up to the game and through the game,

1. The offense was not as ready as Nagy thought. They had a ton of issues with simple gameday operations.

2. The offense is not ready to be as cute as Nagy thought. The 3rd quarter play calling, the not running on 3rd and 2, the throwback to Gabriel on 3rd and 1. All examples of someone trying to hard to scheme something.

3. They trusted their defense too much against Rodgers. They got conservative and started only throwing behind the line and expected the defense to hold the lead against the Packers.

4. They didn't value the run till the 4th quarter. They should see pretty clearly that Jordan Howard gets the entire offense going and Mitch is better off play action in the intermediate and deep areas.

If they look and see those 4 things then I think they can make significant and meaningful changes/improvements before the Seahawks game.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You realize Rodgers shredded us every time we brought an extra rusher in the 2nd half including the gw 75 yard td pass?

Greg that is true but Fangio refused to press his receivers. You have to blitz and press in concert. The free releases were killing them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find blaming the defense for the loss a little ridiculous. They were the reason that it was even close. Mack's strip and recovery with the Packers in the red zone followed by his pick 6 were a two-score swing in the game. At least 10 points and probably 14.

The 4th quarter was one of the best QBs ever to play the game having a vintage performance. Not many defenses are stopping him when he's on like that.

In 99% of scenarios the defense should close that game.

I agree that Rodgers went full god mode, but they had chances to overcome a sloppy offensive performance and they did not.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone look at Watson's week 1 stats? Sure a lot if folks praising him last year. Probably me included.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1jbba.jpg

I think what he meant was, MT did not have anything to do with the defense giving up 23 pts in the second half.