HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the screen plays. Especially since they weren't to Cohen.

Bro, Bigfoot, Ares, Douche a.k.a. Novak, newblood and I were watching the game and shooting the shit in slack during the game. We all were expecting the screen game to have been a formation setup for some late game surprises. It never happened which left a bad taste in our mouths. That short shit to Gabriel was hot garbage.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Bro, Bigfoot, Ares, Douche a.k.a. Novak, newblood and I were watching the game and shooting the shit in slack during the game. We all were expecting the screen game to have been a formation setup for some late game surprises. It never happened which left a bad taste in our mouths. That short shit to Gabriel was hot garbage.

I has the same thoughts. I need to join that slack haha. Gabriel is here to stretch the field.. do you recall him running any medium to long routes? Outside of the one catch he had (I believe in the 1st quarter)?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
All offseason everyone knew the offense will be a work in progress. Somehow being up 20-0 on the pack changed all that lol

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I has the same thoughts. I need to join that slack haha. Gabriel is here to stretch the field.. do you recall him running any medium to long routes? Outside of the one catch he had (I believe in the 1st quarter)?

Shoot Ares a PM with the e-mail you're using for slack and he should be able to invite you. I also was a bit put off with that fact. Gabriel was billed to us pretty much as the speed vertical threat to stretch the field but wasn't really used much in that capacity. Except the whole offense as a whole wasn't making much of an impact intermediate or deep. Nagy needed to shelve the small ball in the second half aside from perhaps slants, crossing routes or multi-level concepts. He really should have flipped the switch into attacking deep in the 3rd quarter if not at the worst in the early 4th quarter.

Last edited:

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Not to quote Lovie, but I look at it as a season of quarters.

The first quarter is about riding the defense and the offense coming together.

Obviously expectations will go up in the 2nd quarter.

It's ok to quote Lovie. He's the best coach we've had in past 30 years.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He writes as if he is an adult.. Not once did he say, that Mitch will be an all-pro or a bust, he simply states the obvious that it is too soon, but that he thinks that Trubisky has the physical and Mental tools to be a good QB.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The offense scored 1 TD. This was not against the Vikings. It was against the Packers...a below average unit. You're not gonna win football in the NFL if your offense scores 1 TD regardless of how good your defense plays.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd like to see how much research and vetting Hub put into this before going to print.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A QB requires time to develop. Time inherently requires patience. The bitching and moaning from the fans does nothing to help/hinder Trubisky's development.

Great tell that to Nagy who decided Trubs was ready enough to rest him during preseason. Nothing we do on these message board has any impact on Trubs development including your praise or defense of him. So by your logic, we should just shut the message board down. Or you know people can bitch and people can defend in accordance with their respective desires. Or are you some new age nutter that thinks your positive thoughts about Trubisky will help him throw the ball better?

I agree the patience piece is more for our own mental health.

I think even the media response this week, from the non-troll media guys, has been very measured.

This Monday is an important game and we should expect to see incremental improvement in a number of areas. We are removing a number of factors [being on the road, playoff calibre opponent, 1st time for everyone] and Trubisky will have more experience in the offense and Nagy will have changed some things.

We may not win the game, but I expect that we will at a minimum feel better about the offense.

This is largely wishful thinking which you are entitled too but not everyone need feel the same. It is also entirely possible that we won't see improvement because Trubs is in fact a bust. So all I can do right now is judge him based on the reality which is that he played poorly. I have no need or desire to simply imagine the best or worse for him as I have no idea about what the future holds and neither do any of you. I live in the now and in the now, Trubs was bad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great tell that to Nagy who decided Trubs was ready enough to rest him during preseason. Nothing we do on these message board has any impact on Trubs development including your praise or defense of him. So by your logic, we should just shut the message board down. Or you know people can bitch and people can defend in accordance with their respective desires. Or are you some new age nutter that thinks your positive thoughts about Trubisky will help him throw the ball better?

This is largely wishful thinking which you are entitled too but not everyone need feel the same. It is also entirely possible that we won't see improvement because Trubs is in fact a bust. So all I can do right now is judge him based on the reality which is that he played poorly. I have no need or desire to simply imagine the best or worse for him as I have no idea about what the future holds and neither do any of you. I live in the now and in the now, Trubs was bad.

What I am saying is that he did not play as poorly as everyone's first reactions.

We all over reacted because it was the Packers and the lead that the Bears blew.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I am saying is that he did not play as poorly as everyone's first reactions.

We all over reacted because it was the Packers and the lead that the Bears blew.

Yeah I disagree. He played poorly. The O put up 16 points and he had 171 yards passing. Some of that is on Nagy but some of that is on him as well. He obviously hasn't earned Nagy's trust enough for Nagy not to call 10 screens because he is too afraid to put the game in Trubs hands. And Trubs obviously didn't check out of enough terrible plays given the results.

16 points is less than the Bears averaged last year with Fox and those shitty WRs. So even if you want to say he is still learning, it is entirely fair to think that someone still learning with infinitely better players last year would produce better results. Or do you think that Trubs learning a new offense with shitty WRs last year and Trubs learning a new offene with much better WRs this year should still result in the same mediocre performance. The whole point of getting better weapons for him was for the offense to still be productive as he learned. Otherwise we might as well have stuck with Kendall Wright and Inman.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I disagree. He played poorly. The O put up 16 points and he had 171 yards passing. Some of that is on Nagy but some of that is on him as well. He obviously hasn't earned Nagy's trust enough for Nagy not to call 10 screens because he is too afraid to put the game in Trubs hands. And Trubs obviously didn't check out of enough terrible plays given the results.

16 points is less than the Bears averaged last year with Fox and those shitty WRs. So even if you want to say he is still learning, it is entirely fair to think that someone still learning with infinitely better players last year would produce better results. Or do you think that Trubs learning a new offense with shitty WRs last year and Trubs learning a new offene with much better WRs this year should still result in the same mediocre performance. The whole point of getting better weapons for him was for the offense to still be productive as he learned. Otherwise we might as well have stuck with Kendall Wright and Inman.

You are comparing a 12 game sample with a 1 game sample size.

Yes his production should be better with better weapons, but you need comparable sample sizes if you are going to really make that comparisons.

If by week 12 the offense is still averaging 2017 levels of production then we have a major problem and it probably is bigger than just the QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Some of it is on Mitch, who missed throws
Some of it is on Nagy, who called poor plays
Some of it is on Whitehair who was spraying snaps everywhere and taking crippling penalties
Some of it is on Dion Sims who personally killed 2 drives

The production should improve as all of those people improve or in Sims case hit the bench.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
1jbba.jpg

He had the team up by SIX points with only 3 minutes to play. Had Fuller caught the INT, they win. Had ANYONE on the D made a stop, they win. The defense failed when they needed a stop. I mean, they didn't do ANYTHING in the second half to stop the Packers, at least the offense got 3 points to help the team. No much for sure, but they did something....the D did nothing. So....his statement DOES make sense. Until the Cobb TD, the Bears were winning.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I find blaming the defense for the loss a little ridiculous. They were the reason that it was even close. Mack's strip and recovery with the Packers in the red zone followed by his pick 6 were a two-score swing in the game. At least 10 points and probably 14.

The 4th quarter was one of the best QBs ever to play the game having a vintage performance. Not many defenses are stopping him when he's on like that.

And yet that QB threw a pass right to one of the guys on defense, a gift that Rodgers rarely gives out, and Fuller dropped it. Fuller sucks, always has minus maybe 4-5 games in his time as a Bear. Why aren't you all bitching about him 24-7 I wonder?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

What are your expectations? He kinda played overall how I would have expected, and maybe that's why im not so upset. I also don't expect him to come out and light it up next week against seattle. It's going to take some time. I definitely expect to see some serious growth and by mid season I'm expecting the offense to be winning games, instead of relying on the defense (which is what I think they will need to do in the first half of the year).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are comparing a 12 game sample with a 1 game sample size.

Yes his production should be better with better weapons, but you need comparable sample sizes if you are going to really make that comparisons.

If by week 12 the offense is still averaging 2017 levels of production then we have a major problem and it probably is bigger than just the QB.

Yes of course it is a small sample size. However, a lot of the same issues as I saw last year. If he corrects them over a larger sample size then I will give him credit. Until then I can only judge him based on what he has done to date and it was a very Fox like offensive performance.

What are your expectations? He kinda played overall how I would have expected, and maybe that's why im not so upset. I also don't expect him to come out and light it up next week against seattle. It's going to take some time. I definitely expect to see some serious growth and by mid season I'm expecting the offense to be winning games, instead of relying on the defense (which is what I think they will need to do in the first half of the year).

I expected him to show me something other than more of the same from last year. It is just blind hope right now based on the assumption that he will get better in the system but nothing I saw really makes it feel inevitable. I saw the same guy that flashes from time to time but is still way too inconsistent overall.

So sure he can get better but he can also simply stay the same or regress. I really have no evidence to say one is more likely than the other.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And yet that QB threw a pass right to one of the guys on defense, a gift that Rodgers rarely gives out, and Fuller dropped it. Fuller sucks, always has minus maybe 4-5 games in his time as a Bear. Why aren't you all bitching about him 24-7 I wonder?
I do. I frequently express my opinion that Fuller is a natural zone corner, isn't a good man cover guy and has always had trouble finding the ball when he's not facing the LOS. He gave us a try hard season in a contract year. Good tackler, questionable cover skills and effort. Not a fan.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He had the team up by SIX points with only 3 minutes to play. .

He had them up? I would say Khalil Mack had them up with 3 minutes left. If it wasn't for his impact plays the Bears are either 4 or 8 behind at that point given that his two play assault of Deshone Kizer resulted in a 10 or 14 point swing.

Fuller sucks for dropping the ball and Trubisky sucks for shitting the bed on that last drive, especially after the gift Clay Matthews gave him.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Bear fan's get a grip. We could have Stafford or Carr. Carr missed Cooper multiple times downfield and threw picks..mierda..Trubs won't completely melt. Haven't seen it yet.

You could have had Mahomes :smug2: