Wilson
Cousins
Luck
Fitzmagic
Ryan

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Being a top 15 QB in the NFL doesn’t sound too bad anymore.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
i wasn't specifically calling you out and have no idea if you did or didnt.. it was just the MO of the Watson "people" to disregard the shit situation Trubisky was in and just label that as "excuses"

I just find it amusing the same people seem to be pretty quiet when the "excuses" are used for watson..

I guess the difference between those excuses being made for Trubisky vs Watson is Watson has been playing like a top 10-15 QB where when Trubisky was being criticized he was playing like a QB in the 20-25 range.

Playing well despite the coaching staff is a positive aspect....playing poorly along with a bad coaching staff is kind of an excuse.

At this point Trubisky has shown that he was a little more handcuffed with the previous coaching staff

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nah can't really separate them after a couple of seasons...who's to say next season Trubisky continues playing at a high level or Watson fully recovers from his knee injury and get s a better coaching staff. They are all on the same level to any rationale poster

Okay I’m not talking about in a couple seasons. You’re absolutely right Trubisky could be the best and so could Watson. But right now, they just aren’t. And that’s fine. Development takes time and as Nagy said Mitch probably has a full year of development left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Frankly Watson has proven over more games that he is good ie last year ans this year. So much for the league figuring him out.

Mahommes and Trubs still need to prove they can excel over multiple seasons.

Trubisky has played the most games out of all of them. Trubisky has had 7 games with over a 100 rating to Watson's 8. Watson hasn't even played a full season, he's only at 15 games. So he hasn't proven he could do it over multiple seasons either.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has played the most games out of all of them. Trubisky has had 7 games with over a 100 rating to Watson's 8. Watson hasn't even played a full season, he's only at 15 games. So he hasn't proved he could do it over multiple seasons either.

I said seasons not games. Watson proved last year he could play and teams came into this year with tape on him from the same offense. They made adjustments which is why he struggled a bit to start the year but he has adjusted.

Mahommes only played 1 game last year and Trubs in new offense so neither has had an offseason where teams pick apart their strengths and weaknesses like they would have with Watson.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because chemistry and having probably the best duo wr in the nfl ??

I didn't believe in Trubisky, but he's starting to prove me wrong so I'm changing my opinion of him and coming around. Because new evidence has presented itself and I'm secure enough to be swayed by facts.

You have been saying Watson sucks since before he was drafted. Since coming into the NFL, he's proven that he's good, but instead of admitting you were wrong, or even reevaluating your opinion and modifying it somewhat, you've dug your heels into the mud and stubbornly made every excuse imaginable to deny his good work.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay I’m not talking about in a couple seasons. You’re absolutely right Trubisky could be the best and so could Watson. But right now, they just aren’t. And that’s fine. Development takes time and as Nagy said Mitch probably has a full year of development left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you can't prove this as they are close enough to the top that you can't say they would perform worse with Rams or Chiefs superior weapons. Those teams have complete offenses.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I said seasons not games. Watson proved last year he could play and teams came into this year with tape on him from the same offense. They made adjustments which is why he struggled a bit to start the year but he has adjusted.

Mahommes only played 1 game last year and Trubs in new offense so neither has had an offseason where teams pick apart their strengths and weaknesses like they would have with Watson.

You said Watson has proven over more games that he's good. Sure they didn't have an offseason of tape on them in their specific offenses but they had twice as much tape on Trubisky the player.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be some day but he isn't yet, though he is inching closer.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
For the first time since the 2017 draft, if you asked me today would I straight up trade Trubisky for Watson, I would immediately answer with a resounding "yes"
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but what you wrote is still shitting on Trubisky.

Since Trubisky is on the Bears, the only way that you could straight up trade Trubisky for Watson is if the Bears trade him for Watson. This says that you want Watson on the Bears with your resounding Yes.

I am guessing that you wanted to say a resounding NO because you finally see something special in Trubisky.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson's MPH aren't high enough. Nobody with MPH like that is a successful pro

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but what you wrote is still shitting on Trubisky.

Since Trubisky is on the Bears, the only way that you could straight up trade Trubisky for Watson is if the Bears trade him for Watson. This says that you want Watson on the Bears with your resounding Yes.

I am guessing that you wanted to say a resounding NO because you finally see something special in Trubisky.

Clarification - http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...eshon-Watson?p=3203748&viewfull=1#post3203748

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said Watson has proven over more games that he's good. Sure they didn't have an offseason of tape on them in their specific offenses but they had twice as much tape on Trubisky the player.

Yeah just saw I said games instead of seasons so my bad. Meant seasons hence referring to league figuring him out.

So that was a reference to the narrative that teams had tape on him now and he would flounder which was common sentiment on here. That narrative has not panned out.

Trubs didn't prove anything last year as his tape was inconsistent if not bad. Teams also had no opportunity to figure him out as offense completely different.

Can't really compare the 2. He looks nothing like the guy on tape last year so Trubs hasn't proven in two separate seasons he belongs in this league. That will come next year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
A lof of arguing back and forth but that 2017 QB Draft class is looking like a special class. I liked Mahomes and Trubisky coming out and also was scared about passing up on Watson pre-draft but I had concerns about his interceptions and injury history. Trubisky, right now is having a better year than Watson. You can also say that after the first 3 games, Trubisky's numbers are on par with Mahomes. Mahomes had 13 touchdowns after his first 3 games this year. Trubisky had 2 touchdowns after his first 3 games. Since then Mahomes has 18 touchdowns and Trubisky has thrown 17 touchdowns. Mahomes has played in one more game than Trubisky. Watson had 5 touchdowns after his first 3 games and has 12 since.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yeah just saw I said games instead of seasons so my bad. Meant seasons hence referring to league figuring him out.

So that was a reference to the narrative that teams had tape on him now and he flounder.

Trubs didn't prove anything last year as his tape was inconsistent if not bad. Teams also had no opportunity to figure him out as offense completely different.

Can't really compare the 2. He looks nothing like the guy on tape last year.

Yeah I see that argument, but an argument can also be made that the fact Watson is in the same offense for a 2nd year (this could even apply to Mahomes too) is why he's been able to pick up right where he left off whereas Trubisky was obviously struggling at the start of the season.

Anyways I think any comparisons right now are a bit meaningless and certainly premature. I think all we can say right now is that Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes have been playing very well and that they look like they'll establish themselves as 3 of the better QBs in the league over the next couple of seasons. After that establishment is made (especially when we'll have playoff games and playoff success to compare) then the 40 page debates will really begin.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I guess the difference between those excuses being made for Trubisky vs Watson is Watson has been playing like a top 10-15 QB where when Trubisky was being criticized he was playing like a QB in the 20-25 range.

Playing well despite the coaching staff is a positive aspect....playing poorly along with a bad coaching staff is kind of an excuse.

At this point Trubisky has shown that he was a little more handcuffed with the previous coaching staff

Im sure that if watson was on the Bears last year he would not of put up anywhere near the stats he did last year.. I mean Fox had a game where I think he had MT only throw it like 7 times! The shit show that Mitch had to deal with last year is not even comparable to the issues that watson has with his supporting cast now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Im sure that if watson was on the Bears last year he would not of put up anywhere near the stats he did last year.. I mean Fox had a game where I think he had MT only throw it like 7 times! The shit show that Mitch had to deal with last year is not even comparable to the issues that watson has with his supporting cast now.

To that point, do you believe that Trubisky would be seeing the success he's currently seeing if he were playing for B.OB?