CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Trubisky is in year one of offense. Both Watson and Mahomes are in year 2.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I see that argument, but an argument can also be made that the fact Watson is in the same offense for a 2nd year (this could even apply to Mahomes too) is why he's been able to pick up right where he left off whereas Trubisky was obviously struggling at the start of the season.

Anyways I think any comparisons right now are a bit meaningless and certainly premature. I think all we can say right now is that Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes have been playing very well and that they look like they'll establish themselves as 3 of the better QBs in the league over the next couple of seasons. After that establishment is made (especially when we'll have playoff games and playoff success to compare) then the 40 page debates will really begin.

Sure you could make that argument as it is obvious the being figured out narrative was incorrect. So once that one blew up in their face then you have to try and justify his play somehow.

Agreed that it is too early to tell hence why for me Goff, Wentz, Trubs, Watson, and Mahommes all in same ballpark. Too early to tell if differences in raw stats due to personnel differences or due to their own skill differences.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would not trade Trubisky for Watson.

I think based on play this season that they are similar and both can play. But there are a couple of reasons I do not make the deal,

1. Health

Watson takes a beating, he holds the ball a long time, he has been banged up a lot this season, and this is on top of 2 ACL tears in his career. He may be here for a good time, but not a long time if he does not change his style.

2. Turnovers

It has improved over the last couple of games, but the turnover issues that effected him at Clemson came back this year as he has 14 of them in 9 games and at one point had 14 in 7.

I will re-state that I think both are good players.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think based on play this season that they are similar and both can play. But there are a couple of reasons I do not make the deal,

1. Health

Watson takes a beating, he holds the ball a long time, he has been banged up a lot this season, and this is on top of 2 ACL tears in his career. He may be here for a good time, but not a long time if he does not change his style.

2. Turnovers

It has improved over the last couple of games, but the turnover issues that effected him at Clemson came back this year as he has 14 of them in 9 games and at one point had 14 in 7.

I will re-state that I think both are good players.

I wouldn't either. But I will still make some threads referencing WATSON because he's pretty elite at CCS threads, almost more elite than Mitchell.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
To that point, do you believe that Trubisky would be seeing the success he's currently seeing if he were playing for B.OB?

hard to say if this was his first year in the system? or was it his second year? That would play a big part.

And i really think Trubiskys time in the Fox system really hurt his development a bit. The first 3 games this year I started to have some doubt with him. We would move the ball pretty well but the thing that stuck out to me was that he would get ultra conservative in the red zone. I was getting pretty frustrated with him not actually throwing TDs I really think that was a hold over from the Fox extra conservative game plan. Fortunately he has shook off the Fox conservativeness and actually started throwing TD rather then just settling for FGs..

So really who knows where they both would be if there situation was reversed

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a real chance that all 3 QBs from the 2017 class can play at a high level.

Which is interesting considering how much that QB class was bashed by people leading up to the draft.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought that last year when comparing Trubisky vs Watson anyone bringing up supporting cast for Trubisky was just making excuses? Didn't know that rule had changed.. or is it you just cant make "excuses" for a Bears QB?

I’m not hating on Deshaun w/ my thanks. But I am thanking the pointing out of hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson's MPH aren't high enough. Nobody with MPH like that is a successful pro

I know that this is in green, but NCAA regulations put a limit on how much players can practice, and work out.

Players get stronger and faster in the NFL. I bet Watson has added a little velocity since the Combine.

Mitch too.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So this is pretty much what every poster that wanted Watson over trubisky have been saying. None of us want him to fail cause he wasn’t “our guy”. The main thing here is this has to be a consistent thing. We can’t have bad Mitch good Mitch or all this is is Rex grossman all over again.

Bad Mitch is a myth. Some people here are just Special person. Trubisky's worst games don't compare to Grossman or Cutler's bad games. Not even their absolute worst games, just their "bad" games.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Bad Mitch is a myth. Some people here are just Special person. Trubisky's worst games don't compare to Grossman or Cutler's bad games. Not even their absolute worst games, just their "bad" games.

Apparently some posters' versions of bad and mediocre are different than others. Some of Cutler and Rex's games were just abysmal and Mitch hasn't even come close to anything that putrid.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No you can't prove this as they are close enough to the top that you can't say they would perform worse with Rams or Chiefs superior weapons. Those teams have complete offenses.

True. But IMO Goff and Wentz in particular have just shown more against great defenses. They just seem 1 or 2 steps further along in development which is fine considering they’ve been in the league longer.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a real chance that all 3 QBs from the 2017 class can play at a high level.

Which is interesting considering how much that QB class was bashed by people leading up to the draft.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the 2018 Qb class plays long term. Quite a few people wanted a defensive player in 2017 to be able to get back in the QB lottery for 2018. Still too early to judge that class, but it's looking like it might be tough to beat 2017.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
As of today, I probably wouldn't either. It's still early though and I agree that both look good.

Just to add a bit of context, fans are fans and I doubt you would get a majority of fans from any of the 17-18 R1 QB teams (Chiefs, Texans, Browns, Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Ravens) that would be willing to trade their QB for Trubisky. Maybe the Ravens, but that is on the opposite end of the round.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know who I have even less confidence in?

Bill O'Brien's terrible offense.

The fact that Watson is putting up even respectable numbers is simply amazing.

Or do those kind of excuses only apply to Chicago Bear players still?

Right... Also the Texans have a bad oline & Watson can still perform.

Mtich is coming along which is good but he needs to do it consistently (Starting with a good Vikes team this Sunday).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True. But IMO Goff and Wentz in particular have just shown more against great defenses. They just seem 1 or 2 steps further along in development which is fine considering they’ve been in the league longer.

Perhaps. Or maybe Goff looks better because of better talent. And Eagles have scored more than 24 once all year. They just throw a ton in red zone.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Perhaps. Or maybe Goff looks better because of better talent. And Eagles have scored more than 24 once all year. They just throw a ton in red zone.

Eagles also have no run game and have been injured all year. Way more problems on that team than Wentz, who isn’t one of them. While Goff probably looks better bc of the situation but which QB doesn’t

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eagles also have no run game and have been injured all year. Way more problems on that team than Wentz, who isn’t one of them. While Goff probably looks better bc of the situation but which QB doesn’t

WRs and Running grade out similar to Bears. Run blocking grades out better. Not saying Wentz is the problem. Saying he hasn't played lights out like you suggest.