Hub: Trubisky could be in the conversation with Deshon Watson

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
factually he is comparable to Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes.

Fact Bill O'Brien is literally hot garbage.
Fact Goff and Mahomes have 2 of the best RB's in the league
Fact Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes are all in very pass happy offenses with great o-lines
Fact you had to lie about Wentz TD's to try and prove a point
Fact Watson is averaging 31 attempts/game Mahomes 34.5, Goff 33.2, and Wentz 38.4....because you probably need this spelled out, more attempts = more opportunity for stats.
Fact Watson has more rushing yards than Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff

What you provided was raw stats with zero context or backing....ie being willfully ignorant while calling someone else willfully ignorant

If you honestly think Watson is comparable to Wentz and Goff and Mahomes you must also think that Mitch is as well since Mitch has been better than Watson this season right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So Watson has played 16 games over 2 years. He has 36 TDs and 15 Ints with 3 rushing TDs.

Not sure how he is not in the top tier of QB performers.

I’m talking about strictly this season

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I thought that last year when comparing Trubisky vs Watson anyone bringing up supporting cast for Trubisky was just making excuses? Didn't know that rule had changed.. or is it you just cant make "excuses" for a Bears QB?

I do not recall ever saying that, can you please cite where this was said by me?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you honestly think Watson is comparable to Wentz and Goff and Mahomes you must also think that Mitch is as well since Mitch has been better than Watson this season right?

based off of his play since week 4ish, kind of hard not to include Trubisky...what is your point?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No QB on the list had 27 TDs so not sure who you confused Wentz with.

I don’t think I was confused with anybody I just think I looked quickly at it. I was also coding a program at the time and just accidentally used a wrong number.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Watson is no where near them when it comes to playmaking ability. Hell Mitch is a better playmaker. Watson’s biggest advantage is he has D Hopkins (Top 5 receiver and prob the best at 50/50 balls)

I'm not a Watson detractor but he had Fuller and Hopkins. Now he has Thomas to replace Fuller. That's a nice pair of wideouts.

Ya know, I keep hearing this narrative. And to me, it's just like saying.....'Well, if John Doe didn't have a reliable car, I bet ya, he wouldn't make it to work every day'

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
based off of his play since week 4ish, kind of hard not to include Trubisky...what is your point?

My point is that I agree with Hub Mitch should be talked about with Watson because Mitch actually has better stats but none of them should be compared with Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes. They’re just on another level as windy said.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don’t think I was confused with anybody I just think I looked quickly at it. I was also coding a program at the time and just accidentally used a wrong number.

or you lied hoping no one would check your "facts"

SpeedRacer

Liked Posts:
Jesus... this place sometimes.

People have been waiting to piss all over Watson once Trubisky started to turn a corner.

And people will piss on Bisky next bad game he has. Doesn't matter if its the QB we have or the one we didn't get.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
please....none of you would trade Goff, Brees, or Mahomes for Watson. Get outta here. Thus they're not in the same ballpark. I say this as a fan of Watson

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m talking about strictly this season

Given his OL woes, his numbers are still comparable and his team is 6-3.

Just to compare, Bears are 2nd, Rams 4th, Saints 6th, Eagles 7th and Chiefs 9th in pass blocking.

Houston is 25th.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You know who I have even less confidence in?

Bill O'Brien's terrible offense.

The fact that Watson is putting up even respectable numbers is simply amazing.

Or do those kind of excuses only apply to Chicago Bear players still?

Agreed on O'Brien. I don't think he's worth a shit and if it wasn't for Watson would have been fired last year.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You know who I have even less confidence in?

Bill O'Brien's terrible offense.

The fact that Watson is putting up even respectable numbers is simply amazing.

Or do those kind of excuses only apply to Chicago Bear players still?
Because chemistry and having probably the best duo wr in the nfl ??

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My point is that I agree with Hub Mitch should be talked about with Watson because Mitch actually has better stats but none of them should be compared with Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes. They’re just on another level as windy said.

And why shouldnt they be compared. Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson were drafted in the same year and Goff and Wentz the year before. The 5 of them will constantly be compared to each other so long as they continue to play at the level they are playing at. Wentz Goff and Mahomes have not been in the league long enough to warrant a level of their own. Stop being willfully ignorant

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
please....none of you would trade Goff, Brees, or Mahomes for Watson. Get outta here. Thus they're not in the same ballpark. I say this as a fan of Watson

I wouldn't trade Watson or Trubs for any of those guys either as don't know who really is better right now. Stick Trubs or Watson in KC or LA, and I can't say they would put up less numbers.

So fact is you would likely roll with the QB you got until more data really separates them.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And why shouldnt they be compared. Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson were drafted in the same year and Goff and Wentz the year before. The 5 of them will constantly be compared to each other so long as they continue to play at the level they are playing at. Wentz Goff and Mahomes have not been in the league long enough to warrant a level of their own. Stop being willfully ignorant

If you want to play it like then fine. Of all the young QBs in the league they warrant a level of their own. Is that better?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
factually he is comparable to Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes.

Fact Bill O'Brien is literally hot garbage.
Fact Goff and Mahomes have 2 of the best RB's in the league
Fact Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes are all in very pass happy offenses with great o-lines
Fact you had to lie about Wentz TD's to try and prove a point
Fact Watson is averaging 31 attempts/game Mahomes 34.5, Goff 33.2, and Wentz 38.4....because you probably need this spelled out, more attempts = more opportunity for stats.
Fact Watson has more rushing yards than Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff

What you provided was raw stats with zero context or backing....ie being willfully ignorant while calling someone else willfully ignorant
Attempts doesn't really affect passer rating. Watson OL may look worse because of how long he holds the ball(only Josh Allen has held on longer). Mitch is within .1 of the leader and a full .5 quicker getting it out than Watson. Watson may be throwing to the best WR in the league. This stuff is easy to spin any way you want. Fact is that Watson and Mitch are currently at a close to even level and those other guys are better.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I do not recall ever saying that, can you please cite where this was said by me?

i wasn't specifically calling you out and have no idea if you did or didnt.. it was just the MO of the Watson "people" to disregard the shit situation Trubisky was in and just label that as "excuses"

I just find it amusing the same people seem to be pretty quiet when the "excuses" are used for watson..

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you want to play it like then fine. Of all the young QBs in the league they warrant a level of their own. Is that better?

Nah can't really separate them after a couple of seasons...who's to say next season Trubisky continues playing at a high level or Watson fully recovers from his knee injury and get s a better coaching staff. They are all on the same level to any rationale poster