Hub: Trubisky could be in the conversation with Deshon Watson

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So this is pretty much what every poster that wanted Watson over trubisky have been saying. None of us want him to fail cause he wasn’t “our guy”.

This. Those who peddled this nonsense are irrational. For the first time since the 2017 draft, if you asked me today would I straight up trade Trubisky for Watson, I wouldn't immediately answer with a resounding "yes", and I couldn't be more delighted to be able to say that. LOL @ the people who thought posters who wanted Watson wished Trubisky to fail.

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well you got one stat horribly wrong

Which I have since apologized for and corrected. You cherry pick one false statistic out of a broader point and discredit the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Which I have since apologized for and corrected. You cherry pick one false statistic out of a broader point and discredit the rest.

Obviously u were hoping nobody would catch that lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know who I have even less confidence in?

Bill O'Brien's terrible offense.

The fact that Watson is putting up even respectable numbers is simply amazing.

Or do those kind of excuses only apply to Chicago Bear players still?

100% this

Don't forget the worst OL in football.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hub has forgotten more about football than marble mouth Fox ever knew.

J.Fox without a doubt knows more about the game of football now then Hub will ever know. J.Fox has been a great head coach over the years but unfortunately for him he got the Bears job on day one of R.Pace's rebuild and had to be the coach through that shit with guys like J.Cutler, M.Glennon and a very green rookie in Trubisky as his QB's but also with Pace breaking the entire team down to nothing. I didn't like his days as our HC either and hated how vanilla he is with his offenses but no HC was gonna win with those teams.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Obviously u were hoping nobody would catch that lol

Why? He is still not statistically equivalent to Wentz. My point still stands. It was an honest mistake

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
you told him not to be willfully ignorant while being willfully ignorant

Yes because he thought that factually he should be considered comparable to Wentz Goff and Mahomes when the numbers say otherwise. That’s ignorance.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Frankly Watson has proven over more games that he is good ie last year ans this year. So much for the league figuring him out.

Mahommes and Trubs still need to prove they can excel over multiple seasons.

SpeedRacer

Liked Posts:
For the first time since the 2017 draft, if you asked me today would I straight up trade Trubisky for Watson, I would immediately answer with a resounding "yes", and I couldn't be more delighted to be able to say that.

To clarify, are you saying if we had Watson, right now you would straight up trade for Mitch?

A year ago, everyone knew Watson was the more "ready" player to step and play NFL football. Pace took the risk/reward scenario by drafting the player he felt had a higher ceiling than Watson. At the time, I was pissed we traded up for Mitch. Add in the fact that Pace didn't earn any QB evaluation cred by signing giraffe neck to be our starter, people were nervous as hell.

No one knew what Mitch's development trajectory would be ... boon or bust. But the fact is, Mitch has caught up. We are all waiting anxiously to see where he goes from here. We all WANT Mitch to succeed.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why? He is still not statistically equivalent to Wentz. My point still stands. It was an honest mistake

No idea but I don't see how 15 becomes 27 in an "honest mistake"

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes because he thought that factually he should be considered comparable to Wentz Goff and Mahomes when the numbers say otherwise. That’s ignorance.

factually he is comparable to Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes.

Fact Bill O'Brien is literally hot garbage.
Fact Goff and Mahomes have 2 of the best RB's in the league
Fact Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes are all in very pass happy offenses with great o-lines
Fact you had to lie about Wentz TD's to try and prove a point
Fact Watson is averaging 31 attempts/game Mahomes 34.5, Goff 33.2, and Wentz 38.4....because you probably need this spelled out, more attempts = more opportunity for stats.
Fact Watson has more rushing yards than Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff

What you provided was raw stats with zero context or backing....ie being willfully ignorant while calling someone else willfully ignorant

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Sure he does. He doesn't have their arm but he's as good a play maker as anyone.

Watson is no where near them when it comes to playmaking ability. Hell Mitch is a better playmaker. Watson’s biggest advantage is he has D Hopkins (Top 5 receiver and prob the best at 50/50 balls)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To clarify, are you saying if we had Watson, right now you would straight up trade for Mitch?

No, I just left a key word out by mistake. Should have said

For the first time since the 2017 draft, if you asked me today would I straight up trade Trubisky for Watson, I would not immediately answer with a resounding "yes"

I mean I'm happy with who we have now, and wouldn't necessarily want to trade Trubisky for Watson. Now, if I was a Houston fan I probably wouldn't trade Watson for Trubisky either in that system with that line. Both are extremely promising players at this point and can have great careers.

tldr: I was wrong about Trubisky but I was right about Watson.

When you add in Mahomes, you have to say that one of the most laughably wrong narratives in recent CCS history was the notion that no QB in the 2017 draft was worthy of a first round pick. Maybe we should start weekly call out threads about these people. If only I cared enough to remember who they were.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I looking at all the stats for all NFL QBs on this page. Must have got the numbers confused somehow when I quickly looking at all the numbers. It happens.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?statisticCategory=PASSING

tenor.gif