First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Maybe I need to watch more film, and not just highlights, of Williams, but everything he does is backyard football. His arm talent can't be denied, but I don't see this can't-miss prospect like others seem to think he is. He holds the ball forever like Fields does. He runs around like Johnny Manziel. Can you win like this in the NFL?

In Riley's offense receivers are always open, but I don't see him making plays on-schedule like I saw with previous Riley QBs (Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts).

I'm starting to prefer Maye. He makes plays from the pocket in the rhythm of the offense. He gets the ball out on time and delivers passes accurately. Plus, he's sneaky athletic. He led UNC in rushing yards last year.

I think people are too obsessed with finding the next Mahomes. There's only been one Mahomes in the NFL's history. What are the odds the next Mahomes comes while the first Mahomes is still in his prime?

Am I alone in this?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You’re not alone. If healthy, Penix is my favorite QB in the draft. Then Maye

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe I need to watch more film, and not just highlights, of Williams, but everything he does is backyard football. His arm talent can't be denied, but I don't see this can't-miss prospect like others seem to think he is. He holds the ball forever like Fields does. He runs around like Johnny Manziel. Can you win like this in the NFL?

In Riley's offense receivers are always open, but I don't see him making plays on-schedule like I saw with previous Riley QBs (Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts).

I'm starting to prefer Maye. He makes plays from the pocket in the rhythm of the offense. He gets the ball out on time and delivers passes accurately. Plus, he's sneaky athletic. He led UNC in rushing yards last year.

I think people are too obsessed with finding the next Mahomes. There's only been one Mahomes in the NFL's history. What are the odds the next Mahomes comes while the first Mahomes is still in his prime?

Am I alone in this?
I would tell anyone watching QB's to stop watching highlights, pick 3 or 4 games and watch every throw for these guys.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Drake? Bo?

You cant kid me, these dudes are about to put out a rap album.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i like what maye brings, reminds me of herbert in a lot of ways...williams is a wannabe mahomes and if he goes to a big market, hes gonna get eaten alive by the media

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
i like what maye brings, reminds me of herbert in a lot of ways...williams is a wannabe mahomes and if he goes to a big market, hes gonna get eaten alive by the media
Maye is sneaky athletic. Reminds me of Burrow or Trevor Lawrence in that way. If you don't account for them they can rip of 20 yards on you.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Am I alone in this?

Nope. The usual trolls are ripping me for breaking down tape but I'm seeing the same exact things you are. I had to post on it last week I think. Maye scares me too though. He will look great for a bit and then just has a throw where you're slapping your head going what the hell was that.

But between the two, Maye to me appears to be the more Pro ready.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would tell anyone watching QB's to stop watching highlights, pick 3 or 4 games and watch every throw for these guys.

I would take it a step further and say pick out the three or four hardest games on their schedule to watch. You want to see how they perform against the top teams on their schedule to get even a semblance of what they would look like in the pros

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
There was a play in the last game where North Carolina had a false start and Maye threw the ball right at the feet of the OL. Reminded me of Cutler. He also has a horrible completion percentage and way too many interceptions.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There was a play in the last game where North Carolina had a false start and Maye threw the ball right at the feet of the OL. Reminded me of Cutler. He also has a horrible completion percentage and way too many interceptions.
He’s competing 67% of his passes and has an INT % that’s still relatively low. And he ain’t exactly a checkdown artist like Jordan Love is. Where are you getting your info from? Advanced stats love his numbers. I really haven’t watched him like @Anytime23 has but what your conclusion doesn’t match up to advanced metrics.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Penix Jr. is incredibly accurate. He’s played a ton of football. He wins from the pocket. He’s had some serious injuries too. He always seems composed. It doesn’t hurt that Odunze is a stud too.

I haven’t seen enough of Maye.

Williams has struggled two weeks in a row. It happens.

I’m torn. I was hoping Justin would shut all this noise down.

I have a buddy that played center and guard for Mack Brown. I’m interested in what he’s heard from Brown about Maye.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’s competing 67% of his passes and has an INT % that’s still relatively low. And he ain’t exactly a checkdown artist like Jordan Love is. Where are you getting your info from? Advanced stats love his numbers. I really haven’t watched him like @Anytime23 has but what your conclusion doesn’t match up to advanced metrics.

I am not the founding member of Gay4Maye but I have definitely seen enough to know why he’s a potential top 2 pick. The kid is good.