I prefer Drake Maye over Caleb Williams

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He’s competing 67% of his passes and has an INT % that’s still relatively low. And he ain’t exactly a checkdown artist like Jordan Love is. Where are you getting your info from? Advanced stats love his numbers. I really haven’t watched him like @Anytime23 has but what your conclusion doesn’t match up to advanced metrics.

It was bad in the last game which is the only one I watched lol.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s competing 67% of his passes and has an INT % that’s still relatively low. And he ain’t exactly a checkdown artist like Jordan Love is. Where are you getting your info from? Advanced stats love his numbers. I really haven’t watched him like @Anytime23 has but what your conclusion doesn’t match up to advanced metrics.

If you want numbers draft Penix and his 14sec throw. People should just actually watch more than 1-2 games. The stupid conversations and nitpicking happening with prospects is nauseating.

Dane Brugler a week or so ago said the gap between Maye and “best qb since Peyton Manning” Caleb Williams is razor thin.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I think William's will refuse to play here and Maye seems like a toss up I wouldn't want to bet on. Personally I would draft the best lineman (OL/DL),Marvin Harrison Jr and Bo Nix in the second round.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
There was a play in the last game where North Carolina had a false start and Maye threw the ball right at the feet of the OL. Reminded me of Cutler. He also has a horrible completion percentage and way too many interceptions.

Maye? He’s at 67% for his career so far. 4 INTs so far this year and 7 last year. Not terrible at all

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you want numbers draft Penix and his 14sec throw. People should just actually watch more than 1-2 games. The stupid conversations and nitpicking happening with prospects is nauseating.

Dane Brugler a week or so ago said the gap between Maye and “best qb since Peyton Manning” Caleb Williams is razor thin.
I just don’t have time to watch many college games so I will defer to those that do watch. Just didn’t think he was inaccurate or a turnover turd

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just don’t have time to watch many college games so I will defer to those that do watch. Just didn’t think he was inaccurate or a turnover turd
I didn’t mean you you, just people in general. He was bad to start off the game in Miami and that felt more like Miami pressing him hard to start the game off after the major choke job the week before.

But overall if you watch him and come away with inaccurate, time to find another sport.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
I think William's will refuse to play here and Maye seems like a toss up I wouldn't want to bet on. Personally I would draft the best lineman (OL/DL),Marvin Harrison Jr and Bo Nix in the second round.
No one is gonna refuse to play in a market like Chicago.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Caleb has reached a hype status that is just insane and makes no sense.

Say what you want about Penix…but he plays comfortable in the pocket and is very accurate. He’s a gamer…his injury history is a concern though.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Say what you want about Penix…but he plays comfortable in the pocket and is very accurate. He’s a gamer…his injury history is a concern though.
The hype does make sense. People are just too football stupid to understand what they're watching. He plays with in the structure of the offensive plenty. His arm talent, ability to create (backyard football as some would say) is as good as I've seen since Mahomes at Texas tech. And what ties all of those things together is his field vision & instincts. He's naturally a step above everyone on the field in both of those departments.

Every QB is gonna have a clunker now and then. It's the nature of the position.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. The usual trolls are ripping me for breaking down tape but I'm seeing the same exact things you are. I had to post on it last week I think. Maye scares me too though. He will look great for a bit and then just has a throw where you're slapping your head going what the hell was that.

But between the two, Maye to me appears to be the more Pro ready.
Can you please post your breakdown ala vlog?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Also the QB nobody is talking about is is J.J McCarthy. You can take it to the bank he's going in the top half of the first round and is built for the NFL both physically and Mentally.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There was a play in the last game where North Carolina had a false start and Maye threw the ball right at the feet of the OL. Reminded me of Cutler. He also has a horrible completion percentage and way too many interceptions.

That's one of those WTF throws I'm talking about.

But then he will come back and throw a pass to receiver in bracket coverage and place the baller only that receiver can get it, all well doing it within the rhythm of the offense and with anticipation.

Completely erratic

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I agree. I think it's a case of him seeing one of those horrible WTF throws Maye makes and making his entire decision based on that ( you know like how some here find a talking head who says Justin holds on to the ball too long and from that decide that the offensive line is perfectly amazing and everything is Justin's fault).

He can get shaky at times but overall he plays pretty well especially given the crap team he's on when you compare it to other schools that turn out first round draft picks every year.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I worry Penix is one strong NFL hit away from having both his knees blown out

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He didn’t play TCU last year? He did in 2021 but had a good game

Always amuses me when the troll bitches who always like to come after me for getting facts wrong ( really just differences of opinion but they act like their opinion is fact) then proceed to get their facts wrong. :beer::smug2:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mahomes had 15 INTs in his sophomore year (13 games), including 4 in one game and 8 in his 'toughest 3. '

Eight in those three games is as many as Williams had in his career before the ND game. Mahomes had I think 29 in his career.

Numbers don't always tell a great story in terms of college to pros for QBs.